The St Johnstone For Europe Thread

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is Lomas' striker centric signing policy going?

He's reverting the pyramid.

We've ony got 4 out and out strikers, hardly striker centric. Anyway it's ICT who should be most worried, we've not played the easy teams yet.

He clearly panicked after missing out on Sam Parkin. Understandable, really.

Big man has done surprisingly well. Haters gonna hate.

(Imagine sunglasses gif here).

We've ony got 4 out and out strikers, hardly striker centric. Anyway it's ICT who should be most worried, we've not played the easy teams yet.

Given most systems only permit 2 it's clearly more than you need. Just something I noticed, Riordan, Hasselbaink, Tade, Vine and McLean all signed this year. You could say Hasselbaink plays right wing but I preferred him up front, he's not disciplined enough to play RM in a 4-4-2.

I thought Stevie May was a striker too.

Trust the BBC to have Riordan and not Beattie!

Well I think Hasselbaink is inbetween tbh. As it stands we have Tade, Vine, Beattie and now McLean.

Higgins has gone and Mays away on loan at Hamilton. So we're running with the same number as last season. Plus all our strikers are actually different. Amazingly.

Well I think Hasselbaink is inbetween tbh. As it stands we have Tade, Vine, Beattie and now McLean.

Higgins has gone and Mays away on loan at Hamilton. So we're running with the same number as last season. Plus all our strikers are actually different. Amazingly.

Well, you can't really Hasselbaink and two strikers. That was the point I was getting at.

And this is not some experienced guys and some younger/lower league guys all of them will be on relatively big wages and none of them will want to be backup. Tade and Hasselbaink came from other SPL sides (don't know about Tade but St. Johnstone definitely outbid us on Hasselbaink) whilst Beattie was no doubt offered a decent wage by Hearts. Vine would probably have the highest wages coming from QPR.

Just thought you could have spread out the big wage signings across the pitch. At St. Mirren we have Thompson (came for personal reasons) along with Guy and Parkin who will both be on low wages.

It's not fair sad.gif

People make the same mistake every year of making ridiculous predictions far too early after just a few matches.

On a sidenote, either Dundee or Inverness will be relegated and we will finish in the top 6 once again. Bookmark it.

^^^^^^seething.

Archived