The St Johnstone For Europe Thread

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If St.Johnstone are 10 points clear of Dundee ( afterall that is comfortable) i will give £20 to a charity of your choice, anything less than that or Dundee are ahead of St.J then you give money to my charity of choice?

Deal, would rather hand it to you in person though , even buy you a pint if you win(at next fixture between the clubs ). If of course 1 team is relegated i understand this might be difficult

Surely though, few are better placed to judge. We've seen reckless signing in action and we can see it again in Perth. You should be taking action - demanding financial responsibility.

I agree,i've heard we're paying 40 grand a month to some players, hope we can afford it,as Burley ,Ravanellli and others were so disappointed not to get their wages whilst at dense

It really wont be, we lost Morris, Enckelman, Sandaza, Sheridan, and Croft who would all be on big wages (by our standards) as well a number of other players.

I'd be surprised if our wage bill is higher this season than last.

That's not what I am saying though, it's more about if you have a higher wage budget than, say, us (and you clearly do) why is that the case? For me the likely answer is - richer owner. I'm not necessarily complaining about it or anything, but given you have a higher wage budget why didn't you spread it across the squad instead of investing in several relatively big wage strikers. That's all.

If St. Johnstone had other means of wealth then fair enough, I know McDairmad park has conference rooms and I've helped myself to a stack of their complimentary pens.

I dont think you can argue at the quality of some of the players the Saintees have brought in, obviously the manager is not up to the job though, they should get him hooked pronto, the team has a lot of flair and goals in it.

That's not what I am saying though, it's more about if you have a higher wage budget than, say, us (and you clearly do) why is that the case? For me the likely answer is - richer owner. I'm not necessarily complaining about it or anything, but given you have a higher wage budget why didn't you spread it across the squad instead of investing in several relatively big wage strikers. That's all.

If St. Johnstone had other means of wealth then fair enough, I know McDairmad park has conference rooms and I've helped myself to a stack of their complimentary pens.

Fucks sake, there will be sheep, goats and coos everywhere. ph34r.gif

Saints make just as much from funerals and jehovas as football .

And pimping out Steve Lomas on Golf days it seems.

I dont think you can argue at the quality of some of the players the Saintees have brought in, obviously the manager is not up to the job though, they should get him hooked pronto, the team has a lot of flair and goals in it.

Yeah, it's a strange one. I remember when he got the job the chairman came out and said "well, every day he was calling us asking about the job" - as if that was a good thing blink.gif

I can't remember the exact figure but apparently the majority of our income comes outwith of football which I can believe with our crowds.

1346621344[/url]' post='6591446']

Err they signed wee Nigel..

Sadly, I reckon they'll improve.

Is Steve Lomas still moaning that because Rangers went bust he can't afford to strengthen his squad etc.....?

Personally I think he's just way out his depth, wouldn't be surprised if he's sacked by Christmas

15% less this season..

Sure. Evidence?

In any case its kind off irrelevant as last season you spent a ridiculous amount so even if what you say is true, which it won't be, 85% of far too much would still be too much.

It's not a coincidence - Geoff steps down - the signing stratedgy totally changes - signing old firm targets. You - the financially trustworthy fans - need to be demanding answers - if not when it all comes home to roost you'll be culpable.

Sure. Evidence?

In any case its kind off irrelevant as last season you spent a ridiculous amount so even if what you say is true, which it won't be, 85% of far too much would still be too much.

It's not a coincidence - Geoff steps down - the signing stratedgy totally changes - signing old firm targets. You - the financially trustworthy fans - need to be demanding answers - if not when it all comes home to roost you'll be culpable.

Payout for McInnes, 6th place, Europa tie. None of that would have been budgeted for, and it would likely put an extra £500k in the bank. The drop in wages this year would be down to the armageddon talk.

In truth the fermers add absolutely nothing to this league and really shouldn't be allowed into the SPL however the Lomas death spiral has started earlier than I thought. He might manage to get past the 1st round of matches so long as Inverness and Dundee struggle to win matches.

Archived