• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Seumas Abrach
    Newest Member
    Seumas Abrach

• Latest Posts

• Those tins of soup and packets of noodles aren't going to deliver themselves. 
    • 54...no more than a spring Chicken.
    • England sneaked through after the weather saved them from us. They'll get hammered by good teams in the super 8, then the English media can have their annual inquest into why they are shite.  We played really well, and gave the aussies a proper game, and one good over in either innings could have won that for us. We do need another bowler or two though, the military medium of sharrif and wheal isn't going to cut it anymore.
    • Get the same guy back as last time  - only 4 grand. Of course, it'll likely fall down again in a couple of years like last time but at 83 that's as good as a lifetime guarantee. 
    • At least one team representing Scotland has actually turned up at an international competition this month, and it certainly wasn’t the football team. Ultimately our bowling wasn’t quite good enough at this level, but the batsmen have been terrific, the outstanding Brandon McMullen particularly. McMullen is, to use the buzzword of the moment, a ‘generational talent’. I’ve seen a lot of batsmen play for Scotland (and the Scottish Saltires) over the years, (including the legendary Rahul Dravid for the Saltires) but I genuinely can’t think that I’ve ever seen a more naturally gifted young batsman representing Scotland. McMullen has an ODI average of 45 and a T20 average of almost 34 at a strike rate of 148.52. He’s not even particularly powerful, it‘s just that his technique is superb and his timing exquisite, and his 6 sixes in 60 from 34 against Australia this evening confirmed his extraordinary talent, which was evident even in this rarefied company. McMullen wasn‘t alone, and his fellow batsmen Munsey, Jones, Berrington and Leask also shone at various times in this tournament, as the team with the second best run rate in the competition were predictably, though valiantly, eliminated by Australia tonight, the only team with a better run rate. I don’t really want to single out individual bowlers, though one or two of our ‘pace’ bowlers were notably, and not entirely uncharacteristically, erratic of line and length tonight, and we were, rather more uncharacteristically, a little sloppy in the field, putting down 2 or 3 catches that we should have taken. We were maybe 15-20 runs short of the target we probably should have set after Munsey and McMullen got us away to such a terrific start. We’ll probably never have a better chance to beat Australia, who weren’t quite at it themselves at times, but c’est la vie. We went out with our heads held high, something I suspect our footballers might struggle to emulate in the next couple of matches. It’s been another excellent campaign by this highly talented Scotland team. I hope we can keep McMullen in the ranks, as he’s surely destIned for greater things in the game. I’m glad to hear that Australia have confirmed a three match T20 series against Scotland in Edinburgh in September, because this team deserves to be playing at a high level *much* more often. If only all visiting teams to England would schedule a series of matches against Scotland, we might actually be able to offer our promising young players the chance to improve their skills and competitiveness against the word‘s best teams on a regular basis.
  • P&B Ad Free

• Popular Contributors

• Most Contributions