Pregnancy And Parenting

Ran out of greenies gman, will give you one later [emoji3]

Thanks everyone, it's been an incredible day. Just about to leave hospital now. I cant speak highly enough about the staff at PRI maternity unit, absolutely brilliant.

Congratulations!

And I can only echo that, the staff at PRI were excellent when both of mine were born.

3 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Sleep when baby sleeps. No offence but I fucking hate that saying. 

You Mothers wake with every single fart, burp, cough, whatever.......easier said than done for you guys. Very different for us Dads.....I'm dead to the World apart from a hazy "is she ok?" at the 3am breast feed!

Have you got a week or two off work immediately? If so, my tip to you and your better half would be that whatever time of day baby sleeps, you should both try sleep. Or get comfy and do f**k all.

In my experience it's exciting as f**k being a new dad but I don't think you realise how much you run on just adrenaline in the early weeks. When I went back to work after a fortnight off, it felt quite good to kind of get a wee break from parenthood during the daytime, but after about a month back at work I got hit with a bout of fatigue which floored me for the best part of the next month.

ETA: Baby girls ruin Dad's though! I expect we'll see a much more tender and soft side to the Stan we all know from now... [emoji106]

Problem we had with the first couple of weeks was that the baby basically wouldn't sleep unless held by one of us. As soon as we put her down she would wake up.

Our tactic was to basically take it turn about. I would spend a couple of hours up with the baby and my wife would sleep, then the baby would wake up, wife would feed her and I would sleep for a couple of hours.

Got a lot of tv watched.