Pregnancy And Parenting

There were 19 Catherine's born in Scotland last year. We didn't want anything too popular or unusual. Something that she would never have to spell. Catherine also happened to be a Ruggy family name. 

I hated all girls names. Still do. 

Fraser Steven (MacLean) for a boy tho'. ;)

3 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

I don't have weans yet but probably will relatively soon. Just saw the news story and thought this thread might be a good place to put it. Not sure how I'll be choosing but I think a relatively good rule of thumb is if it's indigenous to/associated with a culture to which I don't belong, it's out - feels a bit dishonest/pretentious, like claiming someone else's culture?

So as I'm not Hebrew/Jewish, Noah is out, as I'm not Italian, Leo and Aria are out, and as I'm not a bellend (at least I'd like to think), Logan is out.

One of my pals had a kid recently and he called her Caitlin (he spelt it correctly thank f**k) - I thought that hit the sweet spot quite well in terms of not being ten a penny while also being normal.

All excellent reasoning and I do like Caitlin and its spelling.  An extra factor we had to contend with was names that 'worked' both in English and Swedish which proved to be quite tricky.

1 hour ago, Jmothecat2 said:

I was keen on the name Logan but the wife was on to me so we went with Shaleum as our boys name choice. 

5 minutes ago, Rowan said:

Year my youngest was born there was only one other with her name. All mine have names that are a pain on the tits to spell.

Why on earth would you do that to your own children?

my youngest has went from eating breakfast, lunch, dinner and anything in between with no problems whatsoever to hardly eating anything, some days she’s great others not so, it’s not as if anything she’s eating has changed drastically, though we have tried to add different things in incase she was the bored of the same stuff but again she either eats the lot or hardly touches it, the wife’s getting really stressed out over it and i’m starting to get the same way, anyone else experience this? is she just not that hungry some days, is she testing us? she’s 20 months now btw

22 minutes ago, Scotty79 said:

my youngest has went from eating breakfast, lunch, dinner and anything in between with no problems whatsoever to hardly eating anything, some days she’s great others not so, it’s not as if anything she’s eating has changed drastically, though we have tried to add different things in incase she was the bored of the same stuff but again she either eats the lot or hardly touches it, the wife’s getting really stressed out over it and i’m starting to get the same way, anyone else experience this? is she just not that hungry some days, is she testing us? she’s 20 months now btw

Sounds like she just doesn't want to have to sit still and eat some days. Perfectly common. Can be irritating, but it won't do her any harm, she won't starve.

30 minutes ago, Scotty79 said:

I really wouldn't worry too much about that. Both mine have gone through stages of either being absolute ganets or hardly touching their food. Never really been any middle ground. We just put it down to growth spurts in the main. Along with other varying factors.

1 minute ago, Scotty79 said:

a lot of times now we’ll just put something down so she can pick away at it, i think it was just such a drastic change from one day eating anything and everything in sight to almost nothing the next

It sounds really healthy. My kid was the same and only recently (she's 12) has she started occasionally polishing off a whole meal. Has always stayed really fit and healthy just picking/grazing when it suits her. When you see toddlers polishing off adult sized portions its a bigger worry. 

1 hour ago, Scotty79 said:

Same problem with my 2 grandsons, they very rarely eat a warm meal now, taking that long to eat it, using excuse after excuse not to eat it. They prefer snacks to a proper meal, so a rule of no snacks till it’s eaten has helped and nothing mid afternoon to generate a bit of hunger

Same problem with my 2 grandsons, they very rarely eat a warm meal now, taking that long to eat it, using excuse after excuse not to eat it. They prefer snacks to a proper meal, so a rule of no snacks till it’s eaten has helped and nothing mid afternoon to generate a bit of hunger

she’ll scoff whatever she’s wanting quick enough then just stops and pushes it away saying no and finished, also cut out things in between to try generate that bit of hunger when it does come to meal times, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t, just a case of perseverance some days and just letting her eat as she goes

You know the saying, careful what you wish for?
Well, I got my wee girl a wee bit later when I was 40, I have two older boys in their late teens. Now I always wanted a girl and furthermore I wanted the wee lassie to doat on me, you know a real Daddy's girl.
She's 3 now and is utterly obsessed with me, when I am home Mum cannot even hand her her cup, she will take it from her mum, scream No and put it on the worktop then point at it and say "daddy". Of course we don't buy into it and I tell her to beat it however she is not easily put off.
Bed time when I'm working is a 20-30 minute affair however when I'm home she will not go to bed, wants to just sit with me all the time.
Of course she's as cute as a button and loved to bits but jeezo she's hard work.

Unorthodox Christmas here in Japan spending most of the day at the hospital for Sakuras full body scan.......no relapse or metastasis  comes as a very welcome Christmas gift :) 

Merry Christmas everyone xxx