Pregnancy And Parenting

1 hour ago, keithgy said:

I have finally found out where Ben's so called father is and I even have a phone number for him(thank you Facebook) the problem I have is do I phone it and tell him to man up and meet his son or just accept the fact he wants nothing to do with Ben?

Or the even better option just beat the crap out of him just because I can?:whistle

The elation of twattin him wouldn’t last Keith and I presume would be against the wishes of both your wife and daughter. As hard as it is, just let it lie, when the day comes that he asks about his dad, I’m sure you will all deal with it in his best interests 

30 minutes ago, keithgy said:

I know you don't like me and that is up to you,but by god that is the most the most sensible post you have made on P&B,i would do anything for Ben as I love the wee man,when he cuddles into me that makes me want to cry.

Everyone starts with a clean slate.   You've admitted that you banned me although I never received a warning point or anything.   Your action from 2010-2015 was out of order and I've never had a full and frank apology and while the doctors were great it was 5 years of self-harm and downsizing.      I'm sure we can all relate to your "Ben" moments where your housing this young bundle of love.   

1 hour ago, keithgy said:

Or the even better option just beat the crap out of him

58 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I don't think Keith is actually considering battering the guy tbf.

You're a moron.  

Edited by PB 4.2

How long did folk last before having to buy a leather sofa?!

Aila is walking now and my suede couch is taking a helluva beating. In the last two days, due to her being unwell, she's projectile vomited milk on it, she's snot and slevvered on it and just now she tipped her plate with toast crumbs all over it.

I love our sofa as it's a huge corner one and is the comfiest I've ever sat on but for practicality I can't see it lasting. I despise leather though and my experience with leather sofas are of overheating or sliding off the things.

On a similar but different note, I don't know how folk with young kids can have these show-like livingrooms. I automatically feel sorry for the kids because there is no way they can be allowed to run free unless the parents are standing right behind them. My sister in law (or SIL, to annoy Mr X) is guilty of this. She has a light coloured suede sofa and a white fluffy rug thing with white furniture. Not a toy in sight in the livingroom and she has a wee one at 2.

I'm not expecting a nice tidy house for another 17 years at least now [emoji38]

How long did folk last before having to buy a leather sofa?!

Aila is walking now and my suede couch is taking a helluva beating. In the last two days, due to her being unwell, she's projectile vomited milk on it, she's snot and slevvered on it and just now she tipped her plate with toast crumbs all over it.

I love our sofa as it's a huge corner one and is the comfiest I've ever sat on but for practicality I can't see it lasting. I despise leather though and my experience with leather sofas are of overheating or sliding off the things.

On a similar but different note, I don't know how folk with young kids can have these show-like livingrooms. I automatically feel sorry for the kids because there is no way they can be allowed to run free unless the parents are standing right behind them. My sister in law (or SIL, to annoy Mr X) is guilty of this. She has a light coloured suede sofa and a white fluffy rug thing with white furniture. Not a toy in sight in the livingroom and she has a wee one at 2.

I'm not expecting a nice tidy house for another 17 years at least now [emoji38]

I’ve no kids myself, but my pal survived by covering his couch in blankets whenever the kids were on it. It’s helped him out with 4 kids in his house so far, might be worthwhile buying some cheap blankets for the next couple of years?

8 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

My three and a half year old keeps waking up, inconsolable with what I can only describe as ‘night terrors’. We initially thought she was in pain but she is saying nothing hurts. 

Anyone had any experience of this and any tips of how to console her? 

You could tinker about with increased night lighting, perhaps sticking some stars on the ceiling?  

Cheese is associated with bad dreams so if she's into snacking cheese cut back before bedtime.  

3 minutes ago, PB 4.2 said:

You could tinker about with increased night lighting, perhaps sticking some stars on the ceiling?  

Cheese is associated with bad dreams so if she's into snacking cheese cut back before bedtime.  

She does have a nightlight, that illuminates her room quite well. I will, however, monitor her cheese intake more closely.

7 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

My three and a half year old keeps waking up, inconsolable with what I can only describe as ‘night terrors’. We initially thought she was in pain but she is saying nothing hurts. 

My little girl had terrible night terrors after seeing a snake on the telly and she spent about 4 days screaming the house down that a snake was coming to get her. We just took her in beside us at night and constantly reassured her that nothing bad was going to happen to her. It was hard going but we just persevered with her and eventually she calmed down. It really is just a case of reassurance and hopefully she will be fine in a couple of days.

Just now, supermik said:

My little girl had terrible night terrors after seeing a snake on the telly and she spent about 4 days screaming the house down that a snake was coming to get her. We just took her in beside us at night and constantly reassured her that nothing bad was going to happen to her. It was hard going but we just persevered with her and eventually she calmed down. It really is just a case of reassurance and hopefully she will be fine in a couple of days.

Was it the cheese that got your attention?

23 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Jack went through this at around the same age, a cuddle off Mam and dad to calm him down brought him round, then in the morning he would tell you about the dream. It was just a case of talking to him and reassuring him. It was usually something was coming to get him and usually it was something he’d seen that day.