Pregnancy And Parenting

Grandchild nr 15 arrived on Christmas Eve - Grace Elizabeth, 6 lbs. All well. All siblings delighted. Will see how long that lasts for the 8 year old! Haven't seen her yet as I've been laid low with a chest infection and have been barely able to get out of bed, never mind anything else. 25 years between eldest grandchild and youngest.

Congrats buddy, but it’s time you bought your kids a tv!!! 15 grandkids, that’s a lot of presents!

I must be the jammiest man alive. My 3 week old daughter is already sleeping through the night. She goes down about 11 and finally wakes up about half 8. Love her to bits

3 weeks? Pfft. Mine was sleeping 12 hours after 1 night [emoji14]

Aye I thought that at first. 15 months later and I'm pulling my hair out at times [emoji38]

Oh I've been there before. Between me and my Mrs we have two 6 year olds. They are grumpy little shits so I'm looking forward to the cute and cuddly stage again until it's too late

Who has done baby led wenaing? Can you tell me of your experiences?

Spent two weeks thinking she was constantly choking before she started to figure out how to actually eat things. It was pretty messy but apart from that went fairly well. We sort of didn't consciously do it but fell into it as our daughter from around 5 months was fascinated watching my wife and I eating food, so eventually just started giving her real food. We would mainly give her foods she could actually hold and once her grip got better gave her bits of food we had on our plate. Apart from the mess at the beginning it was pretty stress free and my daughter slowly fed from my wife less and less as she ate more and more solids.

The only real difficulty we have is with meat. She will eat fish fine, and she will eat mince, but with chicken, beef, lamb etc she will suck on it for a while then put it down. Cooked a curry yesterday and she ate the entire plate but left two sucked clean bits of chicken. Not really sure how to get her to actually eat meat.

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Who has done baby led wenaing? Can you tell me of your experiences?

We did. It's the best thing we've done. 

You need to wait until 6 months and little one being able to sit up themselves. Also watch a few YouTube videos on the difference between choking and gagging. The gagging will freak you out but they work it out! 

We started with just dinner and gave Catherine bits of soft veg that she could hold but suck on. Did that for about a week and then just got fired into giving her what we were having. As long as the food is gripable they will attempt to eat it. 

She didn't actually start eating the food until nearer 10 months so she still got as much milk as normal. 

Now she eats 3 meals a day. She has no trouble eating anything and will happily munch down a steak. 

We also introduced cutlery right away which they encourage with BLW so she's a pro at that at 19 months. 

Oh and it's fucking messy. So if you have a carpet where you are feeding put down a dust sheet!

Edited by Honest Saints Fan

We did. It's the best thing we've done. 
You need to wait until 6 months and little one being able to sit up themselves. Also watch a few YouTube videos on the difference between choking and gagging. The gagging will freak you out but they work it out! 
We started with just dinner and gave Catherine bits of soft veg that she could hold but suck on. Did that for about a week and then just got fired into giving her what we were having. As long as the food is gripable they will attempt to eat it. 
She didn't actually start eating the food until nearer 10 months so she still got as much milk as normal. 
Now she eats 3 meals a day. She has no trouble eating anything and will happily munch down a steak. 
We also introduced cutlery right away which they encourage with BLW so she's a pro at that at 19 months. 
Oh and it's fucking messy. So if you have a carpet where you are feeding put down a dust sheet!

How did you get her to eat steak? Meat is the one thing that my daughter just doesn't seem to eat, like I say she will happily suck on it, but then spit it out. Every other food she will happily munch down on, not sure where we've gone wrong.

Might be because she's only got half her teeth, but that doesn't seem to stop her with anything else.

Have a son of 21.....

And now looking forward to a 2nd kid.
Different partner and she 13 years younger so in July will be a dad again and by then be 48.......

Feels mental to be doing it again so far apart.

Roll on hopefully a great 2018

6 hours ago, Jmothecat2 said:

How did you get her to eat steak? Meat is the one thing that my daughter just doesn't seem to eat, like I say she will happily suck on it, but then spit it out. Every other food she will happily munch down on, not sure where we've gone wrong.

Might be because she's only got half her teeth, but that doesn't seem to stop her with anything else.

We didn't do anything to get her to eat it, we just gave her it and she ate it.