Pregnancy And Parenting

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Brittle bone disease?

No, not brittle bone disease as such, it's a condition that makes her prone to easily broken bones, she could fall now, and 3 hours later she'd be in pain from a bone break, but whenever she fell she wouldn't have any pain - that's the best I can explain it.

1. 7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

That sounds pretty horrific :(

I'm maybe making it worse than it actually is, but it does cause problems.

Edited by Jacksgranda

5 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Trust and pray all goes well. Reading these last few posts makes me realise I've nothing to complain about, ours are all healthy, 1 has asthma, 3 or 4 have dyslexia to a greater or lesser degree, 1 is autistic which can sometimes be a bit of a struggle, and another has some sort of genetic problem (I'm not sure exactly what, to my shame), and she's the only one who has problems (easily broken bones, a slight knock can break a bone), but she leads as normal a life as possible, although she's due for treatment shortly due to a fall at school.

Should go well, seemingly it’s an operation at her age which is common. This genetic problem sounds worrying though, hopefully they can get to the bottom of it for her, is it not some type of calcium deficiency ? Ava’s 7 next week, it’s been one hell of a ride with her so far, but for the most she’s happy and content, there’s far worse off than us bud

55 minutes ago, stimpy said:
11 hours ago, heedthebaa said:
We’ve been down the hyoscine patch route, but they were leaving marks behind her ears and was only a short term thing,she was meant to get her saliva glands removed but ill health stopped the opp, which I’m personally glad of. Botox is working for now, she’s going in to get her hips put back in place in May and more Botox into the saliva glands, hopefully all goes well and a happier Ava 

Removal of glands sounds a bit ott, hope the future procedures go smoothly.

It was ott in our opinion also, but you take advice off people who know best. Mum has stepped in now though and said no for now, as the Botox has the drooling the best I’ve seen it

4 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Should go well, seemingly it’s an operation at her age which is common. This genetic problem sounds worrying though, hopefully they can get to the bottom of it for her, is it not some type of calcium deficiency ? Ava’s 7 next week, it’s been one hell of a ride with her so far, but for the most she’s happy and content, there’s far worse off than us bud

It was ott in our opinion also, but you take advice off people who know best. Mum has stepped in now though and said no for now, as the Botox has the drooling the best I’ve seen it

I think they have got to the bottom of it, I'm not just au fait with all the ins and outs and what the long term implications are.

Just now, Jacksgranda said:

I think they have got to the bottom of it, I'm not just au fait with all the ins and outs and what the long term implications are.

You’re a bit like me then, granny, mum and dad  are in control, all are very clued up, I just go in and make her laugh and giggle. A lot was kept from me in the early years, due to how I coped with it all, she’s in safe hands without me sticking my nose in

2 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

You’re a bit like me then, granny, mum and dad  are in control, all are very clued up, I just go in and make her laugh and giggle. A lot was kept from me in the early years, due to how I coped with it all, she’s in safe hands without me sticking my nose in

Aye, the only time I'm looked about is when someone's needing a lift, needing a baby/house sitter or needing money (doesn't happen too often, to be fair)! :lol:

She’s 7 today, always an emotional day. Looking forward to cuddles and cake tonight 
27D07EC6-DF92-4D00-B609-0CE6193A22BF.thumb.png.fe71a42eacb43910de600686aaa32d6a.png
I'm sure we hid that bloody Peppa thing [emoji38]

Oldest, 8, just had her ears pierced. Feels like just the other day I was posting about her being born in this thread. Her mum's away this weekend so I'm in charge of ear washing.

Youngest starts school in August. Going to be quiet.

I'm sure we hid that bloody Peppa thing [emoji38]

Oldest, 8, just had her ears pierced. Feels like just the other day I was posting about her being born in this thread. Her mum's away this weekend so I'm in charge of ear washing.

Youngest starts school in August. Going to be quiet.

Did she ask to have them pierced? I've no intention of having my wee one's ears pierced until she asks so I'm just wondering if that's the rough age I can expect her to start asking.

Did she ask to have them pierced? I've no intention of having my wee one's ears pierced until she asks so I'm just wondering if that's the rough age I can expect her to start asking.
Yeah, she did. Otherwise we were in the same boat as you. Her mother doesn't have hers done and we wouldn't have had it done if she had not have been really keen. She turns 9 shortly and she's a sensible enough girl to not do it for the sake of doing it.

On ‎22‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 15:49, Jacksgranda said:

Aye, the only time I'm looked about is when someone's needing a lift, needing a baby/house sitter or needing money (doesn't happen too often, to be fair)! :lol:

Currently baby/house sitting at the minute. Baby is now sleeping and big sister is available for emergencies i.e. nappy changing, making bottles.

On 4/21/2018 at 08:12, PB 4.2 said:

Had a 18 week gender scan earlier to allow me and mrs PB know we're expecting a boy.   Sonographer was happy with everything she found.     

Great news. Gambatte!

On 4/21/2018 at 17:47, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Mrs Carbon Rod going into hospital for induction tomorrow, very nervous but can’t wait to meet our wee guy!

Congrats!

On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 14:25, sjc said:

CE4186FC-338A-437B-96F5-18861AF43D9A.thumb.jpeg.8d5c6aed280c3fcb9593aa07af2c7ae1.jpeg

fe797e0a-968c-4e4b-af91-d26ab045ccd5.thumb.jpg.367a9bb56204c1260ed884ab735bae47.jpg

Sakura and her big cousin, Nao at the Japanese Air Museum and playing on the shute with me in Shizuoka last month.  

Is the kamikaze exhibit a pile of ash in the corner?