Pregnancy And Parenting

I'm looking after my daughter and nephew today. His mother is obsessed with what she feeds him to an unhealthy level the poor wee guy has to watch other kids enjoy treats that he isn't allowed. Coupled with the fact she's a pain in the arse. Now should I cram him full of cakes and easter egg.

I'm looking after my daughter and nephew today. His mother is obsessed with what she feeds him to an unhealthy level the poor wee guy has to watch other kids enjoy treats that he isn't allowed. Coupled with the fact she's a pain in the arse. Now should I cram him full of cakes and easter egg.

Depends. Is he old enough to snitch on you?

Can't speak yet you get the odd semblance of a word now and again he's 16 months old. Too late he's just demolished a slab of vienetta. Muh ha ha

Edited by pub car king

Can't speak yet you get the odd semblance of a word now and again he's 16 months old. Too late he's just demolished a slab of vienetta. Muh ha ha

Ah, you're safe for now though you might find yourself in trouble when his mum takes him to the supermarket.

Though if she denies him treats because of a food intolerance, you'll be in trouble at the next nappy change. Good luck! :D

Aye, that's the score Mrs M. Never mind the rights or wrongs.....just focus on being fun oot or no ;)

:lol: I'm just joking really. I'd hate if I banned something and was ignored, though I've never seen any harm in the occasional treat as long as there's no medical issues with it. I know my mum would sit and listen intently while I gave instructions about exactly when he should/shouldn't have chocolate before completely ignoring me and doing as she wanted.

Edit to add: still, you do have to take in to account just how likely you are to be caught. That's just common sense!

Edited by Mrs M

Unfortunately all of ours - with the exception of the youngest one - are now speaking, and even in his case he's quite capable of making himself understood.

On the other hand they come out with some very imaginative narratives, so we could get away with it.

Our youngest granddaughter solemnly informed her uncle on Sunday that "daddy has a purple handbag."

Our two are firm believers in snitching. "Don't tell Daddy you had chocolate buttons before lunch" is just child code for "run straight to Daddy and tell him that not only did you get chocolate buttons but Mummy ate Daddy's share too".

Just had my youngest step-daughter and her pal for the weekend (both 15)

The house is too damn quiet without them, I hate it!

ETA: I'm a lonely auld fucker

Edited by Raidernation