Pregnancy And Parenting

Sorry if i've missed this elsewhere, but what is the "+2 x 1/2 +1/3" about? What are the 1/2 and 1/3 meant to represent?

I've got my first child due in April, so i'll soon be adding to the numbers.

Impending births, so you'll be a 2/3 and added in at the next update.

We fostered a wee boy who was adopted at 2 - when he was finished his breakfast in the morning he tried to get out of his high chair, but couldn't as he was still strapped in. He used to say "Tuck, nanny, tuck." ("Stuck, nanny, stuck.")

Whenever he said this in his new home, his adoptive parents thought he was swearing! :lol:

Reading Saintee -1

Scary Bear: 3
Rowan 3
Reina 2
Lm 1
Swarley 2
Mozza 1
Skyline Drifter - 2
die hard doonhamer - 2
Scottsdad - 1
Bobby Skidmarks - 1
Weirdcal - 1
Mallo_Madrid -2
Shuggie - 2
lightscamera - 2

Nelsjfc - 2
G_Man1985 - 2

energyzone -1

Gaz -2

milton75 -1

mozam76 -1

gav-ffc - 1/2

pub car king -1 + 1/3

bobby carlos - 2

Nelly 78 - 1

Desp - 2/3

Duffman/Gunther - 1?

Running total - 39 + 1/2 + 1/3 + 2/3

Grandchildren: JG - 4

Romeo - 2

Keithgy - 1/2

heedthebaa -3

Grand total - 48 + 2 x 1/2 + 1/3 + 2/3

A question for all you parents and soon to be parents - How long into the pregnancy did you wait before telling your family and friends?

I`ve heard a few folk saying twelve week scan is a sort of ok time, if it was up to me though I think I`d rather just appear at my folks with another person one day.

First time we waited ages. We'd had problems in the past and wanted to be sure before telling people. I think it was about 18-20 weeks before it was really publicly admitted though a small band on a need to know basis found out at about 13-14 weeks.

Second one was probably earlier, cant really remember now.

Anyway my eldest turned 6 today. Its flown past. I still read the early parts of this thread from time to time to remind me of stages in the first year or two!

• 2 weeks later...

I have just had the misfortune of catching "Dora and Friends" on milkshake..wtf? IMO if there's no Boots, it ain't Dora. And "Map App" instead of plain old map? Dora was bearable but this new grown up Dora garbage is just. And it wasn't even Jen presenting which would have made it better, at least it wasn't Kemi or either of the 2 blokes

I dislike Dora so I never put it on. My 3yo has moved on from Ben & Holly and is now completely obsessed with Octonauts. She has started watching Dinosaur Train but it leads to too many questions. Dinosaurs....in a train?!

Just remembered about Valentine's Day. Grandson nr 5 presented his mummy with a Valentine's Day card. Mummy was delighted, only to discover the card was actually for Granny! :lol:

• 1 month later...

Taught my lad how to ride his bike without stabilisers less than 24 hours after taking them off. The boy is a natural!

How old is he?

I've been trying with my 3 year old, nearly getting there but panics last minute and turns the wheel. Its almost like a mental block. I'm going to leave it for a few weeks and go back to it.

How old is he?

I've been trying with my 3 year old, nearly getting there but panics last minute and turns the wheel. Its almost like a mental block. I'm going to leave it for a few weeks and go back to it.

He's six. He's never shown any inclination to do so before, so we've not really pushed it. Was only by chance when his chain fell off and I had to take the stabilisers off to get at it, that he decided he wanted to give it a go.

Our youngest (three and a half) is no where near ready yet, but we haven't had him out on his bike too much, to be honest. Maybe try in a few months/a year for him I reckon, with plenty cycling inbetween.

5 Weeks till our little girl is due.

Mrs has been on tablets which seemed to have slowed down her growth so shes measuring about 32 1/2 weeks for being 35 weeks exactly.

Few scans next week and if she still hasn`t grown enough she may be delivered earlier than usual, very excited and her cot arrived today so i need to get that built, not for use but for our cats to get used to so they know to stay the hell away.

5 Weeks till our little girl is due.

Mrs has been on tablets which seemed to have slowed down her growth so shes measuring about 32 1/2 weeks for being 35 weeks exactly.

Few scans next week and if she still hasn`t grown enough she may be delivered earlier than usual, very excited and her cot arrived today so i need to get that built, not for use but for our cats to get used to so they know to stay the hell away.

My first measured big and was little.

My second measured little and was bang on average

By third told them not to bother guessing!

Oldest, 5, has chickenpox. Thankfully doesn't seem to be bothering her. Encouraging her to play plenty with her little sister at the moment.

She's available for parties. 5er for a visit, 10er she'll cough all over your kids.