Pregnancy And Parenting

15 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Piss boiling has been the standard when dealing with my father-in-law for a while.  I had thought that having a grandkid might make him better but he's still a massively selfish fucker.  He's been moaning to my wife that she doesn't answer his text messages fast enough and keeps trying to make demands on us in terms of him coming to visit whenever he wants, no matter what else we have on.  My wife tried to speak to him and said he needed to be flexible, to which he responded "you need to be flexible too!" - we've got a six week old baby you daft c**t!  Now this granny stuff, it's chipping away at my wife and I's patience.  Hopefully she gets to speak to them because she'll be more gentle in her assessment than I will.

13981FA9-0E00-45AC-9E8F-8349EB91D3BF.jpeg

Catherine projectile vomiting all over the place last night. Changed her bed and clothes then same again, another change and brought her into the big bed. She's one of the most restless sleepers I've ever known, moves about all the time. 

The smell man, oh god, the smell.  Rancid stuff. 

Catherine projectile vomiting all over the place last night. Changed her bed and clothes then same again, another change and brought her into the big bed. She's one of the most restless sleepers I've ever known, moves about all the time. 
The smell man, oh god, the smell.  Rancid stuff. 
My smallest vomited for the first time in ages last night.

The vomit, just like the shites, after the weaning process is just as vile as an adults.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

My smallest vomited for the first time in ages last night.

The vomit, just like the shites, after the weaning process is just as vile as an adults.

It's only the third time in nearly two years she's been sick, the second time was Friday just past and that was just watery stuff, piece of piss. This was horrendous. It was everywhere. 

2 hours ago, Rugster said:

It's only the third time in nearly two years she's been sick, the second time was Friday just past and that was just watery stuff, piece of piss. This was horrendous. It was everywhere. 

Take my hat off to you. You are some boy. Don't ever divorce me. 

I have a huge phobia of vomiting so the big man stepped up to the plate! 

On 4/9/2018 at 02:36, Raidernation said:

I am not the father of any of my girls but to my granddaughters I am Papa Nick. Other grandparents are just grampa or gramma, I’m the only one with a name and I love it

13 hours ago, Raidernation said:

I have 3 stepdaughters who all call me by my name, or “Papa RN” in front of the granddaughters. Never been an issue for me

Not only a single name but apparently two different ones. :P

Must be confusing for an auld yin.

My wife had a conversation about this and apparently grandad's wife is upset because she thought she was going to be called Auntie, which isn't true.  I can't believe the gall of some people, we had a really difficult birth, it's our first child and it's all new and all my wife's father has done is create nippy wee arguments.  It's utterly bizarre.

The sad thing is the end result will be that Callan won't have as close a relationship with his grandad as he should have because of stupid arguments. 

My wife had a conversation about this and apparently grandad's wife is upset because she thought she was going to be called Auntie, which isn't true.  I can't believe the gall of some people, we had a really difficult birth, it's our first child and it's all new and all my wife's father has done is create nippy wee arguments.  It's utterly bizarre.
The sad thing is the end result will be that Callan won't have as close a relationship with his grandad as he should have because of stupid arguments. 

Family are a pain in the tits when it comes to kids. We were discussing names we like for number 2 and the mother in law made a face at a name I said I liked in passing.
Suddenly it's the new front runner...

Walked the 8 year old grandson up from school. We passed a poster for a missing dog. "There's one of those in Castledawson, granda." "Is that right? That dog's been missing for 4 months."

Slight pause. "Granda, what's 62 plus 28?" "90." "Add 30." "120." That dog's been missing 120 days, granda." Thought that was quite clever myself. (Him, not me!)

Edited by Jacksgranda

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Walked the 8 year old grandson up from school. We passed a poster for a missing dog. "There's one of those in Castledawson, granda." "Is that right? That dog's been missing for 4 months."

Slight pause. "Granda, what's 62 plus 28?" "90." "Add 30." "120." That dog's been missing 120 days, granda." Thought that was quite clever myself. (Him, not me!)

Tell him nobody likes smart arses. It's for his own good.

16 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Looks like he will fit in nicely in the trades.  He already has pricing sorted, just have to get him working on the sucking air through his teeth. :lol:

The wee one's room is right above our livingroom. Sitting there and hear an almighty thud and then her crying. She's just learned how to escape from her cot. 18 months old. Absolutely fearless.

The wee one's room is right above our livingroom. Sitting there and hear an almighty thud and then her crying. She's just learned how to escape from her cot. 18 months old. Absolutely fearless.
We ended up having cushions on the floor but our eldest only did it once. Weird.

7 hours ago, PB 4.2 said:

Had a 18 week gender scan earlier to allow me and mrs PB know we're expecting a boy.   Sonographer was happy with everything she found.     

Excellent, keep us posted.

8 hours ago, PB 4.2 said:

Had a 18 week gender scan earlier to allow me and mrs PB know we're expecting a boy.   Sonographer was happy with everything she found.     

Outstanding!