Pregnancy And Parenting

15 hours ago, Aufc said:

Genuinely it’s a piece of piss. I’ve done a 5km walk and gym session today 

Fair play to you man. I think actually part of the fear of it came about after I had orchitis (basically an infection that affects a baw or both) and it was like that fresh having been kicked in the sack more or less constantly. It was Christmas day and I could barely move around despite cocodamol & alcohol, ended up in out of hours and after a number of people had a swatch and fondle of the baws I got antibiotics. All in all I've had worse Christmases. I now get the fear after any minor pain in the area as I'd not wish the pain of that on anyone. 

14 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Fair play to you man. I think actually part of the fear of it came about after I had orchitis (basically an infection that affects a baw or both) and it was like that fresh having been kicked in the sack more or less constantly. It was Christmas day and I could barely move around despite cocodamol & alcohol, ended up in out of hours and after a number of people had a swatch and fondle of the baws I got antibiotics. All in all I've had worse Christmases. I now get the fear after any minor pain in the area as I'd not wish the pain of that on anyone. 

Avid readers of The Snip thread will recall my 2-year nerve pain following my vasectomy, requiring various nerve killing tablets and tramadol. That getting-stabbed-in-the balls feeling was always a thread. 

15% of guys suffer chronic testicular pain post-snip. Mine only lasted a couple of years but I remember reading one article where a guy had suffered for something like 27 years. 

Our 14 year old grandson has just vomited in the bathroom. He started explaining to me "It came out in a liquid..." I stopped it there, I don't want a detailed description of someone's vomiting.

However, he's now describing it to his granny and cousin...

6 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Our 14 year old grandson has just vomited in the bathroom. He started explaining to me "It came out in a liquid..." I stopped it there, I don't want a detailed description of someone's vomiting.

However, he's now describing it to his granny and cousin...

My young lad used to do this with his jobbies - he had to have his mum inspect each one before flushing.  He's grown out of it the past few months which is just as well as he's just turned 35.

(Only joking, he's only 12).

Just over a year since I got the snip. Had to go through to Nairn for it. As already mentioned the worst part was getting the two injections at the start. That and the smell of them burning the tubes.

A week or so of discomfort afterwards but had no problems after that.

Had my snip while in for a hernia op, surgeon done it from inside, my testicles are blemish free and never had any pain from my gonads, however, he did stitch one of my main leg nerves into my hernia repair, never felt pain like it, pumped full of morphine for 4 days until it worked its way free.

8 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Just over a year since I got the snip. Had to go through to Nairn for it. As already mentioned the worst part was getting the two injections at the start. That and the smell of them burning the tubes.

A week or so of discomfort afterwards but had no problems after that.

giphy.gif

On 08/08/2024 at 11:26, scottsdad said:

Avid readers of The Snip thread will recall my 2-year nerve pain following my vasectomy, requiring various nerve killing tablets and tramadol. That getting-stabbed-in-the balls feeling was always a thread. 

15% of guys suffer chronic testicular pain post-snip. Mine only lasted a couple of years but I remember reading one article where a guy had suffered for something like 27 years. 

Yup, based on your experience I don't think I'd risk it and just hope a 3rd child doesn't show up. Wouldn't be a terrible thing, our two kids are generally great, but the 9 months of hardly any sleep our youngest caused us really took it's toll and kicked the idea of another one well and truly out the park. 

Dropped the wee man off for his first full day of nursery this morning and was prepared for tears but instead he went in quite content if a little shy so the only tears on show were my own 🥲

Just to contradict all the snip chat, delighted to say the mrs and I are expecting number 2 in spring next year. 

She’s only about 7 weeks so not told family yet so P&B has privileged knowledge now. 

We had a really tough first 18 months or so with our daughter but I’m genuinely excited to do it all again.

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Just to contradict all the snip chat, delighted to say the mrs and I are expecting number 2 in spring next year. 

She’s only about 7 weeks so not told family yet so P&B has privileged knowledge now. 

We had a really tough first 18 months or so with our daughter but I’m genuinely excited to do it all again.

I'll let your mother know.

Congratulations!

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Aye, I kept thinking 'is there not a no more pregnancy and parenting thread for this pish?'

And congrats mate. You'll forget everything you ever learned with number 1 as soon as you get number 2 home. 

• 2 weeks later...

The two terrors were down for a flying visit the other day with their two big sisters. The first words from the wee ones when they bounced through the door - "We're not staying".

I don't know if we were supposed to be disappointed or relieved.

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig

Anyone else finding 4 years old much worse than "the terrible two's"  some days she rarely listens, won't do what she's told and is generally a bit of an arsehole to me, her mum and her brother and other days it's like a model child. 

Straight off the bat, I'm blaming kids at nursery, mostly because I saw first hand what her apparent best friend was like at her birthday party. Her friend was refused a second ice cream and told it was home time, this did not go down well, punching the glass at an ice cream counter, trying to hit her mum and screaming the place down. I'm of the age where if that happened to me, likely getting slapped for that, no dinner and straight to bed. I don't know what sort of discipline goes on in other families now, but I don't think her friend sees much of that. I'm really worried that her nursery friends are really contributing to her behaviour and attitude, she used to be absolutely lovely, so well behaved and well mannered. The temptation is now to take her out of one nursery and go to another, but then she has to start again there and no guarantees about the other place. 

Is it me or is discipline for children a dying thing now? 

Edited by thistledo

39 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Anyone else finding 4 years old much worse than "the terrible two's"  some days she rarely listens, won't do what she's told and is generally a bit of an arsehole to me, her mum and her brother and other days it's like a model child.

Absolutely.

The wee man is a f**king nightmare at bed time now. Usually let him watch an episode of Peppa Pig or Paw Patrol or whatever the f**k he is into on any given day after dinner, then up the stairs. Was fine with this for long enough but the last couple of months he just throws an almighty tantrum every night, no matter how we approach it. Doesn’t matter if he gets to watch a cartoon or not, the tantrum still comes as soon as we tell him it’s time to go up. His disposition in general is still quite positive, but the swings are wild and he is the most stubborn little shite I have ever met.

On 08/08/2024 at 11:26, scottsdad said:

I’m due to get it next week - had a wee look at the snip thread and read your story but it hasn’t put me off entirely. I have been waiting since November 2022.