The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

I wonder if they just don't know yet whether he'll be at WM.  People were saying he was moving better than he had in years, but I imagine they - or Taker himself - would be reticent to risk having another shitshow like last year.  Or they don't want him.  Or he doesn't want to.  Looking unlikely we'll see him again.

40 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Sigh, I've asked this since the end of the streak but what's the fucking point in him coming back, ESPECIALLY after the whole ending last time?!

I think he'd planned to ride off after last year but due to his physical condition at the time, the match wasn't what anyone wanted it to be and he maybe didn't want it to be folk's final memory of him.

Quite a few reports from folk who know him saying the hip replacements he had last year have worked very well and his mobility has improved a lot. Also chat that he's been getting into the old DDP Yoga.

Obviously I think the days of him flying over the top rope and other such outrageous manouvers are behind him but if he's physically feeling a lot better (the Yoga will help with cardio too so he won't be blowing out his arse) and they can get a proper compelling story for him and presumable Cena, he might be able to go out closer to the way he, and most of the fans want.

After the streak died:

A one way feud with Bray Wyatt, who's stock diminished rapidly after his loss to Cena the year before where he really should have gone over, a tremendous feud. Taker literally said nothing, turned up this year later and defeated Bray.

Year after he's McMahons lacky against Shane which is one of the most ridiculous match ups in Mania history. Despite his brilliant bout with AJ last year, Shane shouldn't be thought of ANYWHERE NEAR this level. It was a one spot match which we all knew it would be.

Then we have last year against Reigns, with the bullshit loss (already meaning nothing for Reigns, good job Vince) leaving his iconic hat in the ring to close the show.

It's like Leishman coming back to manage the Pars. You were great first time round, just fucking give it up so we can remember the fond times.

After the streak died:

A one way feud with Bray Wyatt, who's stock diminished rapidly after his loss to Cena the year before where he really should have gone over, a tremendous feud. Taker literally said nothing, turned up this year later and defeated Bray.

Year after he's McMahons lacky against Shane which is one of the most ridiculous match ups in Mania history. Despite his brilliant bout with AJ last year, Shane shouldn't be thought of ANYWHERE NEAR this level. It was a one spot match which we all knew it would be.

Then we have last year against Reigns, with the bullshit loss (already meaning nothing for Reigns, good job Vince) leaving his iconic hat in the ring to close the show.

It's like Leishman coming back to manage the Pars. You were great first time round, just fucking give it up so we can remember the fond times.
You're still seething about the steak ending, aren't you?

While I think Cena/Taker is the one big match they've yet to do, and they could tell a great story, I'm not really sure there's a finish that makes sense or wouldn't piss everyone off.  This isn't some star that can get the rub of beating Taker like Lesnar did, and I'm not sure Taker winning really does much for him.  A lot can change depending on which story you tell I suppose.

1 hour ago, forameus said:

While I think Cena/Taker is the one big match they've yet to do, and they could tell a great story, I'm not really sure there's a finish that makes sense or wouldn't piss everyone off.  This isn't some star that can get the rub of beating Taker like Lesnar did, and I'm not sure Taker winning really does much for him.  A lot can change depending on which story you tell I suppose.

Cena vs. Taker is a match that draws interested and would make people think "I want to see that". They don't need further justification for putting it on. People can cry about the ending all they want, but WWE won't care about that, nor should they. They know the match is a big deal, and they know this is one of their last chances to do it.

Simple story, a defeated deadman wanting one last attempt at redemption before retiring.

Cena realises he’s at the end of his time on the top and wants a win over him to keep him on top that little while longer.

Taker wins, rides off into the sunset to take the HOF Place next year.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Read it again. He costs him by causing him to be eliminated. After his elimination Taker drags him under 

I’ve read it again, still doesn’t scan right.  I think what you meant to say is “Taker to cost Cena by bursting through the ring, THEN once he’s attacked him and gotten him elimanted drags him under” Yeah?! Still, won’t happen. It’ll be a new angle starting on Raw if anything.

Edited by Christophe

4 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

Didn't read right to me either.

I can see him costing Cena during the match with some light trickery when he's about to eliminate someone, but I don't think he'll actually be there.

That’s a good shout actually, gets the ball rolling simply