The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

2 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Twitter has been in meltdown since this, the road dog taking a particular hammering for coming out very vocally about it.

No wonder. Don't think there's any place in wrestling for that tbh.

5 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

What is the issue?

It's fucking horrendous.

3 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Predictably it has been made a sexism issue by many. To be fair, Katie Vick was much, much worse.

Aye I've seen folk mention the Joey Ryan stuff as a comparison but that's nonsense. They're nothing alike. Ryan pretends to flip folk with his dick. This lassie pulled out her used tampon and fired it down another lassie's mouth. They aren't in any way similar or comparable.

It's nothing to do with her being a female. It's about how absolutely disgusting it is.

People have seemed to have gone fucking mental over it unsurprisingly.  But then you've got to show how absolutely "right-on" you are about anything relating to women in wrestling now, and you've got to do it with such vigour and intensity that everyone sees it.  Anyone not doing so is sexist, and a piece of shit, etc etc.  

Prevailing opinion appears to be the usual "well it's alright when someone like Joey Ryan does it".  1) I don't particularly find that brand of "OMG GAY PANIC" that good either (although completely understand that some do) and 2) it's not as if he's got it up his arse (which is similar to the implication here).

But aye, they want to do that spot - which presumably they both agreed with - fire in.  Think Joey Ryan himself was along those lines.  If there's a market for a particular style or spot, then it'll float, and that's fine.  If not it'll die.  The yer neckbeard da reaction to some of it is the stupid part.  

2 hours ago, FifeArab said:

Kenny Omega leaving NJPW.

He says he wants to be In a place where Kenny Is gonna be happy so that probably means AEW with his mates Cody and the young bucks and sadly not WWE.

Or read it that Kenny is going to be very happy raking in a ridiculous amount of money where he can probably name his own terms.

I doubt he'll go there though, from hearing interviews he's been fairly clear that WWE isn't all that attractive

17 hours ago, Principal Flutie said:

Worth noting that Joey Ryan does nothing like what Priscilla Kelly did. I think the best comparison would be deathmatches and the shit that people do in those things.

Yeah, that's probably the closest, but I'd still say the deathmatches have far more context in what they're trying to do.  As you said earlier, there just isn't any context for what happened there, outside of the gross-out, humiliation of your opponent thing.  There's better ways to do that.

But hey, people are talking about them that weren't before.  Job done for them I'd imagine.