The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

I quite like deathmatches on the odd occaision. ICW deciding to have loads earlier in the year was annoying as f**k. But their four way at the Hydro last year was sheer spectacle, which is part of what makes wrestling brilliant.

Putting a guy as inexperienced as Arquette in one? That's an accident waiting to happen.

WWE have changed NXT UK contracts. Limiting the amount of places they can work (only WWE affiliates like ICW/progress/OTT are allowed) and they can't be filmed by these companies. There the massive butt f*cking for the UK indies we were all anticipating.

Edit to add: apparently they also can't work NJPW/ROH/WOS talents on the shows   https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/restrictions-reportedly-increased-new-nxt-uk-contracts-270971?amp&__twitter_impression=true

Edited by cb_diamond

Haven’t seen much about it posted on here, but All Elite Wrestling are making their “big” announcement in January and it could be interesting. Basically Cody, The Bucks, Jericho, Jim Ross and pals starting a promotion - but, backed by the Khan family. If they get a TV deal somehow it could be quite decent. A lot of questions surrounding who exactly’s involved and what impact NJPW/ROH are going to have on it. I hope something meaningful comes of it, by the sounds of it it will.

I'm guessing they'll be done completely with other promotions, given the amount of work that goes into actually running a promotion. Also, Marty Scurll isn't part of it because of his ROH contract, so that pretty much confirms that ROH will play no part in it. Which makes sense since this lot are likely to be direct competition.

38 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

I'm guessing they'll be done completely with other promotions, given the amount of work that goes into actually running a promotion. Also, Marty Scurll isn't part of it because of his ROH contract, so that pretty much confirms that ROH will play no part in it. Which makes sense since this lot are likely to be direct competition.

ROH/NJPW have their working relationship at the minute and NJPW want to expand into America themselves. This is goimg to hit ROH pretty hard I’d assume, can’t see NJPW wanting much to do with them.