The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

As expected The Elite announced their new promotion, All Elite Wrestling and the follow up to All In, Double Or Nothing.

More details will be given on the 8th.

Looks like they have serious backing as well. 

That's a rough one. He was probably past his peak when I was growing up as he was in WCW but he's an absolutely iconic name up there with Finkel, JR, Monsoon and Heenan in terms of wrestlings best ever non-wrestlers.

37 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

That's a rough one. He was probably past his peak when I was growing up as he was in WCW but he's an absolutely iconic name up there with Finkel, JR, Monsoon and Heenan in terms of wrestlings best ever non-wrestlers.

One of the most recognisable voices too.  While undoubtedly his peak was in WWF in the 80s, when he jumped ship to WCW, I loved some of his interactions with Chris Jericho, particularly heel Chris Jericho when he had Ralphus by his side (or Rufus as Okerlund would call him).  The way Jericho always called him 'Gene Mean' had me in stitches.  And while both were past their prime by this point, his and Heenan's turn as commentators on the Legends Battle Royal at WM17 was a treat as well.  Sad loss