The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Apparently Big Cass made a scene while begging Carmella to take him back during a Smackdown backstage. She tried to walk off and he grabbed her back and The Usos and Erick Rowan had to stop him.

She was brought In as a hairdresser for Enzo and now she's champ and they're both offski.

On 20/06/2018 at 22:11, Stellaboz said:

Greatest big man! Settle fucking down.

I don’t see much wrong with that statement. Think many judge him on a one-year run in WWF (which was going alright actually til Michaels moaned about him). 

Vader was a machine. Vader sold out stadiums. Vader made kids shit their pants in terror. Vader wrestled a match after his eye came out. He was convincing in the soft world of US mainstream wrestling and the Japanese style and his late 90s All Japan run was incredible.

9 hours ago, Christophe said:

I don’t see much wrong with that statement. Think many judge him on a one-year run in WWF (which was going alright actually til Michaels moaned about him). 

Vader was a machine. Vader sold out stadiums. Vader made kids shit their pants in terror. Vader wrestled a match after his eye came out. He was convincing in the soft world of US mainstream wrestling and the Japanese style and his late 90s All Japan run was incredible.

Complete agreement. Some of his AJPW stuff is tremendous!

14 hours ago, Klanky said:

as Gambino raked the barbed wire across Mad Dog’s face, a young man behind me grabbed my shoulder and cried: “You have to stop them! They’re appealing to people’s worst animal instincts!”

Image result for did ye aye

Decent article though.  Was surprised they didn't fall back into the usual sneery stuff when talking about it.  Tried to give a fair and balanced account of it and give it some credit.  Particularly the people involved for all they go through for entertainment.

Edited by forameus

On 24/06/2018 at 18:38, Christophe said:

Vader was good but I can’t say that he was the greatest big man. I think he will be close though. 

Most under rated and under used big man was bam bam bigalow!!   Never got great credit for how agile he was and he was also a very good wrestler!

Someone else mentioned it earlier (I forget who) but I also have started watching NWA: Ten Pounds of Gold. 

It's excellent. Really well produced and really good storied. Think this title will be much bigger pretty soon. Nick Aldis is a wrestler I've always liked (original Brutus Magnus character was shite, but that was hardly his fault) and he's been great as the champion. He talks well, is good in the ring and is a believable character. I think it helps that I (usually) like his FSM articles and that he isn't a face or heel in his current role, being anywhere on that spectrum depending on the opponent and setting (venue and promotion).

Almost certain that Cody will be winning the title though, but I don't think it'll be at All In

World of Sport’s reboot starts on ITV on 28th July. Roster is looking alright, though obviously seriously hampered by NXT UK - Will Ospreay, Grado, Moose, Primate, Martin Kirby, Iestyn Rees, Viper, Bea Priestley, Sha Samuels, Doug Williams, Rampage Brown, Lionheart, Nathan Cruz, Kip Sabian, Robbie X, Gabriel Kidd, CJ Banks and Liam Slater.

Wade Barrett, Alex Shane & SoCal Val on comms, which is weird. 

I’ll tune in, but wasn’t a big fan of the pilot.