The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

14 hours ago, TheGoon said:

World of Sport’s reboot starts on ITV on 28th July. Roster is looking alright, though obviously seriously hampered by NXT UK - Will Ospreay, Grado, Moose, Primate, Martin Kirby, Iestyn Rees, Viper, Bea Priestley, Sha Samuels, Doug Williams, Rampage Brown, Lionheart, Nathan Cruz, Kip Sabian, Robbie X, Gabriel Kidd, CJ Banks and Liam Slater.

Wade Barrett, Alex Shane & SoCal Val on comms, which is weird. 

I’ll tune in, but wasn’t a big fan of the pilot.

Some great talent on the roster (thought primate had retired?).  I suspect it will all be quite hammy. 

Talent a lot thinner on the ground in the booth. Barrett will be fine but Alex Shane is just atrocious and I personally find SoCal Val utterly irritating.

On 09/07/2018 at 19:21, TheGoon said:

World of Sport’s reboot starts on ITV on 28th July. Roster is looking alright, though obviously seriously hampered by NXT UK - Will Ospreay, Grado, Moose, Primate, Martin Kirby, Iestyn Rees, Viper, Bea Priestley, Sha Samuels, Doug Williams, Rampage Brown, Lionheart, Nathan Cruz, Kip Sabian, Robbie X, Gabriel Kidd, CJ Banks and Liam Slater.

Wade Barrett, Alex Shane & SoCal Val on comms, which is weird. 

I’ll tune in, but wasn’t a big fan of the pilot.

What is Primate going to do? He's retired from in ring competition and don't think there's any recovery for him. 

I remember seeing xrays of his jaw and all the screws and rods in it holding it together. 

9 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

You'd assume so, given they obviously weren't in the original "line up".

I went back and watched the trailer and clocked Stevie Boy towards the end. The only spoilers I could find without a deep dive were from one night of the tapings and didn't include BT Gunn or Stevie. Guessing they were on the other set of tapings.

8 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I went back and watched the trailer and clocked Stevie Boy towards the end. The only spoilers I could find without a deep dive were from one night of the tapings and didn't include BT Gunn or Stevie. Guessing they were on the other set of tapings.

From looking at the WOS site Gunn and Stevie are a tag team. Both faces which means, I assume,  it will be more the Stevie Xavier persona from PBW/SWA rather than the infinitely superior Filthy Generation Stevie Boy heel persona from ICW.

1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:

From looking at the WOS site Gunn and Stevie are a tag team. Both faces which means, I assume,  it will be more the Stevie Xavier persona from PBW/SWA rather than the infinitely superior Filthy Generation Stevie Boy heel persona from ICW.

Going by BT's face paint it makes me think they could slot in to the kind of tag role that the Coffeys had on the WOS special.

Seen a few wrestlers and promotions going in on a guy named Joey Axl for sharing naked pictures of a few female wrestlers, the most notable being Toni Storm. Can't say I've ever heard of him? Anyone know what the script is?

On 7/15/2018 at 21:15, Mark Connolly said:

We're all a little racist, brother.

For what it's worth, if people actually working with him can forgive him, and he seems to have either made a mistake or been a changed man, let him back in.  He'll know that if he does anything remotely similar again he's properly finished, so let him get involved in what has been his life.   He was a fucking moron saying the things he did, but it was sad in a pitying kind of way to watch him essentially lose what was his working life over it.  A sad, battered old man getting the piss taken out of him on twitter while WWE blackballed him.  Don't be racist and that won't happen though I guess.

I had no problem with his WWE career completely finished. Bigots deserve no less. I ALWAYS have a problem with their attempts to delete history after such things happen though and this was no different, so reinstating him to the HoF, on it's own, isn't something I have a problem with.

If he works for WWE again, it'll probably be the end of my Network subscription.

18 hours ago, TheGoon said:

I give it to the end of the year before there’s a Hogan/New Day segment.

The statement Kofi released on behalf of the New Day was fairly lengthy. 

On 7/10/2018 at 09:28, cb_diamond said:

Some great talent on the roster (thought primate had retired?).  I suspect it will all be quite hammy. 

Talent a lot thinner on the ground in the booth. Barrett will be fine but Alex Shane is just atrocious and I personally find SoCal Val utterly irritating.

Is Barrett not wrestling anymore? I remember thinking when he was released by WWE he'd go on to have a Drew McIntyre like resurgence on the indy scene throughout the UK.

Just listened to Jerichos pod at with Mel Er about Bruiser Brody and a match between Brody and Lugar got mentioned, cage match. Brody basically no sells him, Lugar gets properly scared and climbs out the cage,messing up the finish.

It's on youtube, if you ever think someone is no selling, you should check that out.

Guest bernardblack
Is Barrett not wrestling anymore? I remember thinking when he was released by WWE he'd go on to have a Drew McIntyre like resurgence on the indy scene throughout the UK.

I think he’s trying to get his acting career off the ground. Listened to a few podcasts where he’s been the guest and it sounds like he was just completely burned out with wrestling