The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Aye, if this happens Reigns has to win.

How will they explain Cena escaping the kayfabe Fiend universe? Or will they just totally ignore it?

If that takes place in front of a big/usual crowd, I reckon you'd get a huge positive reaction for Reigns.

Edited by DA Baracus

23 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye, if this happens Reigns has to win.

How will they explain Cena escaping the kayfabe Fiend universe? Or will they just totally ignore it?

If that takes place in front of a big/usual crowd, I reckon you'd get a huge positive reaction for Reigns.

That's two interesting points.  On the crowd reaction, it would have been much better if they could have found someone that would've got a positive reaction to beat.  They've got a chance of painting Reigns as a proper heel, but no chance he gets that reaction in front of a (presumably) happy clappy salutin' Cena.  Not a huge deal, of course.  After all, they had him beat Bryan at WM with little fanfare.

On the Fiend part, I kind of hoped we'd get a Funhouse match with Orton at WM, then in a wee throwaway scene you get Cena running away confused or something.  Would be a nice (and rare) bit of continuity from them, and give them a reason why he'd suddenly be around.  But you know they're just going to completely ignore it

On 28/05/2021 at 18:50, Mark Connolly said:

Bit disappointed by the Warrior Dark Side.

Nothing that new, and nothing really in depth either.

Was a bit crap that the A&E doc and DSOTR Warrior episodes were released only a couple of weeks apart. DSOTR felt like watching a repeat.

41 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Dirtsheet rumours that more releases are imminent, including NXTUK.

Vince has finally realised that World of Sport and 5 Star are no longer a threat.

Other than speakingout I can't think of too many cuts NXTUK has made. It's only a matter of time for them to make cuts and freshen up. 

Definitely intrigued to see what happens with Murphy next. His run in 205 Live was fucking incredible, and he got off to a flyer early doors on the main roster but he fell away a fair bit after that.

He's clearly a super talent.

I think I'm slightly surprised by Santana Garrett. Always kinda felt like there was something there.

Braun is obviously a bit of a shocker as well, but I don't think the others have really surprised me all that much. Every run of releases always has at least one person that makes me think "they couldn't find ANYTHING for this one?" so it's no surprise to see it here.

People will no doubt say Strowman to AEW but they have plenty of similar men (Miro, Brian Cage, Lance Archer to name a few) so don't really think they need him 

Edited by Bert Raccoon

Strowman is a huge shock. He's definitely one that I thought was always going to be in WWE, especially given the time and money they invested in him. 

Black and Murphy are two of the biggest wastes of talent in a long long time. Unreal that they didn't do more with either or them.