The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

6 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I actually thought it was one of the weaker episodes, including the first two seasons. Not a bad episode mind, just not as good as the others.

Too Cold Scorpio battering Hawk was a funny story mind.  He wouldn't let it go either! In fact he still sounds annoyed about it!

What an absolutely fascinating yet deeply pathetic country North Korea is.

I love the way some older wrestlers always seem desperate to defend the honour of their pals. Norton pulling out every excuse in the book for Hawk getting his arse kicked. Very similar to the recent rewriting of history about Dr Death only getting knocked out by Bart Gunn because he tore his hamstring.

Just accept your mate got KTFO lads. If someone catches you right, it happens, no matter how fucking hard you are

On 26/05/2021 at 10:58, TheGoon said:

The whole John Cena/China deal has been a fairly depressing thing to watch unfold. 

I feel pretty bad for him. He’s obviously been made to do it by the movie studio but it’s a bad look for everyone involved. The thing that I noticed in the video is that the big man looks absolutely shattered. 

Iv loved wrestling since I was about 3 years old and my mum got me some of the old silver vision tapes at a car boot sale, however Iv completely fallen away from it since Covid. I feel like wrestling has suffered the most from having no fans in terms of watching it on TV. It doesn’t feel like wrestling but more like a tv show about a wrestling show (and at times not a very good one). However, Iv been back watching old WWE 80s/90s and a lot of WCW 95/96 and I can feel the passion coming back.

During the Covid era what have been some of the better matches that Iv missed? I watched night one of wrestlemania and absolutely loved it

3 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Tom Phillips let go by WWE. I have no idea why they just tossed him aside. He was easily one of, if not the best, lead announcer they had. 

Nobody's going to let him facefuck the shit out of them now.  'sakes Tom.

9 hours ago, Ocelot1877 said:

Iv loved wrestling since I was about 3 years old and my mum got me some of the old silver vision tapes at a car boot sale, however Iv completely fallen away from it since Covid. I feel like wrestling has suffered the most from having no fans in terms of watching it on TV. It doesn’t feel like wrestling but more like a tv show about a wrestling show (and at times not a very good one). However, Iv been back watching old WWE 80s/90s and a lot of WCW 95/96 and I can feel the passion coming back.

During the Covid era what have been some of the better matches that Iv missed? I watched night one of wrestlemania and absolutely loved it

One that springs to mind is WALTER vs Ilya Dragunov in NXT UK.  Probably about as Covid Era as you could get, as it sounds and feels like a fight in an empty pub car park.  And they utterly leather the shit out of each other.  Well worth a watch.

41 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Bit disappointed by the Warrior Dark Side.

Nothing that new, and nothing really in depth either.

I would agree, if anything they glossed over a lot of the dodgy stuff in his life 

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Apparently it's Cena-Roman at Summerslam. 

Here for this. They need something big if they’re going for the stadium in Vegas, this fits the bill.   

If their ultimate plan is to have Reigns go really long with the title and build up a sense of invincibility so that a babyface can smash through it, it's hard to think of a better match to book at this stage.  Gets that huge feel and they've certainly got history. I want Reigns to get particular revenge for the below. Having them book the lead up with Cena being strong, then Reigns utterly dismantling him (maybe not Lesnar levels, but a convincing win with a lot of Cena selling).