The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:

Dunno, if I'm alone with Rush but I can't stand him. Much like Mike Bennett for me, Uber annoying, unbelievably moany and whiny, utter attention seeker. Good riddance.

He’s a bit of a tit but he’s a phenomenal wrestler 

1 hour ago, #Gary said:

Where can one watch season 3 of Dark Side of the Ring?

Sent you DM with link to a website for wrestling shows or…👇

28 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Most of them appear on youtube not long after broadcast

Daily Motion has them up fairly sharp too.

Brock’s on his way back. To do what I’m not sure - interesting dynamic with Roman & Heyman, but I’d rather they built to him and Lashley.
Brock vs Lashley at Summerslam is the one match that would make sense as we've not had it & apparently Lashley was promised that match at some point when he re-signed.

Roman vs Cena possibly quite likely for the other title.
There has been no one built up on Smackdown at all who'd be a credible threat to Reigns for a match at SS at this late point.

Vince will want both title matches at Summerslam to be big names to bring in ticket & PPV buys.

4 hours ago, forameus said:

Well...Hell in a Cell was fucking shite, wasn't it? Fans coming back isn't going to turn this booking into something remotely good.  Hopefully they've something in mind.

Even if the booking is somewhat good, who is going to watch? They have drove most of their audience away

15 hours ago, CEMSFC said:

Even if the booking is somewhat good, who is going to watch? They have drove most of their audience away

They've gotten so big that that's likely not too much of a problem for them.  You couldn't pay me to watch the weekly shows, but I'll still have my network subscription, and at least watch all the PPVs, maybe even some live if they look good enough.  I think their monthly shows have been pretty good considering for the most part.  But with the NBC and FOX deals, do they really need their weekly shows to move much of a needle?  Hopefully they pick things up a bit now that they're actually going to have people paying to be there.  I imagine the novelty of being at live wrestling is going to wear off once you're a few weeks in and watching the same match with a non-finish that happened on the previous 8 weeks.

You have to believe that it’s just spinning wheels for the return of the crowds and if that doesn’t improve it then you’re simply waiting for Vince to have a massive cardiac arrest but he’d probably find a way to bury that as well

I don't think Vince has 'lost his touch' or anything like that. I just genuinely don't think he cares anymore, doesn't have to pander to an audience anymore and exclusively just puts on things that he feels will entertain him on the night.

There's definitely been a rise in chatter about him selling up.  That would be extremely interesting, particularly if it means that the McMahons are essentially gone.  Do the likes of HHH hang around, or does he cash out too?  

The product was bad before fans went away though. Not quite as grim as it has been for much of the last year, but it was not in a good way. I really want to believe crowds back will give them a boot up the arse (and it should at least lead to less of the Alexa/comedy stuff) but I just feel we’ll end up right back where things were. 

When I said he doesn't need to pander to audiences, I meant in a general way rather than since Covid hit. Vince could pretty much still make a profit without the fans as has been proven so as such doesn't give a f**k.

Edited by Ludo*1

WWE planning on running the Hydro on 22/9.

https://www.postwrestling.com/2021/06/25/wwe-returning-to-the-u-k-for-four-city-tour-in-september/

The company is set to hold the following shows this September:

*September 19 – Newcastle, England at the Utilita Arena
*September 20 – London, England at the O2 Arena
*September 21 – Cardiff, Wales at the Motorpoint Arena
*September 22 – Glasgow, Scotland at the SSE Hydro

That must be cutting it quite thin from when they will be still be doing second doses at the Hydro.