The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

This is where TNA has an advantage. I'm not saying that scripted promos aren't good. It's just that unscripted promos tend to have a different feel to them that make them work and when you have guys that know how to talk, and TNA clearly do, then it can see some good goings on.

As for BFG, I can't wait to finally see the heel Gen Me showing off their true potential against the MCMG. They've been seen as a MCMG-lite when they are infact much much better.

The triple threat should be good. Hardy/Anderson is the only combo that doesn't work well together.

Lethal Lockdown is always a fun match.

Basically it'll be the usual solid PPV.

Oh, advance warning : RVD vs. Abyss will be shite.

And why does Hardy and Anderson not work?

It's impossible to tell whos going to win title match, TNA have done well in keeping it wind open to the point where nobody knows what to expect at BFG.

Going on the past year, I'd say that too but you've got to give it a chance. Look at Abyss' past monsters ball matches with other ECW originals (Sabu and Rhyno). Although the Sabu match was a barbwire match, nevertheless it was still brutal. And yes RVD hasn't put on a great match since joining but who's to say he can't step up for BFG>

I am a HUGE Ric Flair mark but I didn't really enjoy that promo. His match with Foley is going to be awful.

I thought this weeks Impact was excellent on the whole. I don't normally like Kendrick but I thought he had a very good little match with AJ. Gen Me and the Guns is a decent feud and I think they'll put on a good match. I was loving it when they showed Amazing Red picking up the X Division title but was gutted when they took it off him. The Sting/Nash/Bischoff stuff is great.

I was disappointed in the main event. Yet another Kurt Angle match with finisher overkill. I couldn't enjoy it and I was the same with his match with Hardy on Impact a couple of weeks ago

And why does Hardy and Anderson not work?

They had loads of matches in WWE and they just didn't click. I mean LOADS. When you get that many chances to get it right and don't, there's a good chance the magic isn't there.

It's impossible to tell whos going to win title match, TNA have done well in keeping it wind open to the point where nobody knows what to expect at BFG.

Absolutely.

The final stretch should certainly be a joy to behold. I hope they don't do what they've done with many multi-man main events in TNA and rape it for time.

Going on the past year, I'd say that too but you've got to give it a chance. Look at Abyss' past monsters ball matches with other ECW originals (Sabu and Rhyno). Although the Sabu match was a barbwire match, nevertheless it was still brutal. And yes RVD hasn't put on a great match since joining but who's to say he can't step up for BFG>

Well, I'm going to watch the match so I might as well give it a chance.

I didn't really enjoy that last match with Rhino btw. Even those very two same men had two better matches with each other on PPV a few years back. He and Sabu did have a simple No DQ btw and it was good stuff. They also had a casket match elsewhere which was fun.

It's not just RVD that's the problem here, although admittedly he is a problem. Abyss has struggled recently too. And not against just poor opposition as well. It's as if that Hogan push sucked every bit of life out of the guy.

Angle is obviously gonna win the title match. Well 95% sure. It would be a massive surprise if he loses. Doubt he would retire about a month or two after coming back from a small break.

The promo was good, Foley fucked up a few times. Match should be decent. No need for decent, fit wrestlers when there's that kind of stipulation.

Angle is obviously gonna win the title match. Well 95% sure. It would be a massive surprise if he loses. Doubt he would retire about a month or two after coming back from a small break.

I think Anderson will win it by pinning Jeff Hardy. That way, Angle doesn't lose the match.

ICW Dazed and Confused : Andy Wild vs. Liam Thompson

I remember leaving the hall that night thinking that the match probably clocked in at ****1/4 leaving it as a low end match of 2010 contender. I've decided to give it a proper PBP to see how it holds up.

The original intention of this match was a placeholder before the main event as everything that had taken place before it descended into madness and sent the crowd into fits of frenzy. Wild is actually a brilliant babyface. He just has this brilliant charm about him. Liam gets annoyed by some fans at the back of the hall. Waistlock from Liam and Andy gets out quickly and goes behind. Arm Ringer from Wild and then Liam rolls through and gets one of his own. Hammerlock from Liam and then he gets taken down and an Arm Bar from Wild gets quickly countered into one from Liam. Arm Ringer again from Liam. Nice takedown to counter and a Crucifix gets two for Wild. Nice stuff to open the match there. Lockup and a Headlock from Liam and into the ropes he goes. Headlock Takedown but a quick Head Scissors and both men do them and we have a stalemate to follow that. "Wrestling !" chant comes from the back of the hall. Liam goes back to the arm again which Wild nicely turns into a Headlock. Arm Ringer again from Wild. Liam rolls behind Wild and then does some nice stuff and into the Headlock. He charges down Wild. O'Connor Roll from Liam gets a two count and he runs into a pair of Arm Drags and a Body Slam. Good stuff so far. Liam into the ropes and he throws Andy to the floor. SUICIDE DIVE FROM LIAM ... RIGHT INTO A KICK IN THE HEAD FROM WILD !!! Wild heads for the top rope. Top Rope Dropkick from Andy and Liam ends up on the floor. Wild to the top rope. MASSIVE PLANCHA OFF THE TOP FROM WILD TO LIAM !!! Not quite the placeholder that Dallas and co. would have been hoping for up to this point. Back into the ring they go and Wild gets the fans behind him. That gets a two count for Wild. Pedigree from Andy gets countered. Dropkick to the knee from Liam as he finally has enough. Kicks to the knee from Liam and then he gets on the back of the audience. Liam stretches the leg of Wild over the middle rope. Liam then sweeps down Wild and tries for a Figure Four Leglock but gets kicked to the floor. Liam onto the apron and he gets charged back off. Wild onto the apron. WILD GETS SWEEPED ON THE APRON !!! That is one nasty move to take. Kicks to the leg and the head of Wild. Liam then runs the knee of Wild into the ringpost. Another Dropkick to the knee from Wild and we go to a break. Wild tries to get the fans behind him. FIGURE FOUR LEGLOCK FROM LIAM !!! Wild kicks his way out of trouble and then kicks Liam into the corner. Forearms from Wild. Chops from both men and then Liam kicks the knee again. Liam into the ropes and he misses a charge. Running Forearm from Wild. SICK KICK FROM WILD !!! ONE ! TWO ! KICKOUT !!! WELCOME TO CHICAGO FROM WILD !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! Liam avoids a Suplex and then hits his Dropkick to the back of the head. LIGER BOMB FROM LIAM !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! LIam heads for the top rope now and Wild stops him up there. Both men battle on the top and Liam sends Andy back into the middle of the ring. TALIBAN BACKPACK FROM LIAM !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOOOOUUUUTTTTTTT !!! HOLY MOTHER OF f**k !!! That would mark the first time someone kicked out of that move btw. Liam can't believe it and the pop from the fans means they feel the same. He misses a second attempt. SUPLEX INTO THE SUPERKICK FROM WILD !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KID FITE SAVES !!! BLAZE N RAMPAGE HIT THE RING !!! Liam doesn't seem happy. Chop from Wild. WILD WITH A REVERSAL !!! ONE ! TWO ! THREE !!!

That is some stellar stuff there. Liam Thompson has always been one of the more polished guys on the Scottish scene. Andy Wild is certainly one to watch in the future. One of them matches which wind up being exactly how you remember it. ****1/4

HIAC

Orton

Undertaker

Cena

Daniel Bryan

Natalya

I'd love it for Barrett to beat Cena - that could be wonderful - but it won't happen.

That can't be the full card surely?

Edited by garymcc1874

I'd love it for Barrett to beat Cena - that could be wonderful - but it won't happen.

I think he will, due to a few possible reasons...

1. Cena losing then reluctantly joining nexus but then solidifing a heel turn at survivor series by backing them up would work well and set up a title match with orton. It would also help improve Nexus merchandise sales.

Alternatively, if they couldn't bear to turn him heel, I tihnk he'll still lose, get a title match with Orton and rather than Nexus backing Cena up, they screw him and back up Orton. Orton becomes heel again, which suits him. I heard him in an interview once saying he'd rather never ever turn face.

Kane © vs Undertaker

The Paul Bearer deal with Undertaker is rather suspicious to me, if anything it looks like he's going to help Kane since the Undertaker did try to kill Bearer, so i'm going with Kane to win.

Orton © vs Sheamus

Can't see anything but an Orton win here.

Daniel Bryan © vs John Morrison vs The Miz

Bryan retains, Miz starts his deserved push to the main event and John Morrison gets stuck where he belongs, the mid-card.

Don't give a damn about the woman's title match.

Cena vs Barrett

This is the most interesting match on the card, as i don't know how this is going to end. Cena went over at Summerslam so maybe it's Barrett turn to get the win, plus if Cena wins then who does he fued with next? I hope Barrett wins as Cena in Nexus would be good although another part of me thinks that this is the end of Nexus..i'll go with Barrett though in hope more than anything.

Edited by Parscelona

HIAC

Orton

Undertaker

Cena

Daniel Bryan

Natalya

That can't be the full card surely?

Can't see it being a clean sweep for the faces.

Bryan

Orton

Barrett

Rhodes and McIntyre (I presume there'll be a Tag Team match to add a 6th match)

Michelle

Undertaker

In fact, I'll go for Kane actually. Taker'll win it on his 20th anniversary at Survivor Series.

Edited by Liam.