The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Another name heavily rumoured to make a surprise appearance tonight at the RR is Sting. Sting's contract has been up for 3 months and rumors have begun that Sting will appear at the Rumble and then at Mania and be inducted into the HOF.

Seems unlikely to me but several sites have reported that the WWE definitely approached him about it as WWE having been trying to have a wCw theme for the HOF.

Christian has made an appearance in Boston without his 'sling' so he may be another returnee alongside HHH tonight.

6 spots left, two confirmed for Booker T and Nash. HHH seems a certainty to come back tonight leaving three spots open.

Kong, Hacksaw and Jerry Lawler are other possible entrants.

Edited by DavidVillaNo1

How many live shows have you been to, 2? You certainly give it enough praise.

Naw. You've highlighted irrelevant parts of my post...such as me saying Lionheart was made ton look very good. and that Earl Hebner was class. I don't see how that is praise for the show. I didn't buy a ticket to see a Scootish jobber not be squashed and a ref kiss a lassie.

What are you expecting from Flair, the man is 65 years old or something like that. Give him a break.

Well given that he was advertised to be in a match I was probably expecting him to be in a match,

Pope? Despite his chrisma, Pope has very very little to offer in the ring.

I like Pope, obviously for his charisma more than his wrestling, but he's nowherew near as bad as people make out. Morgan on the other hand is woeful.

Yes it would have been better if Shelley and AJ wasn't injured but who's fault is that? Angle had personal issues to attend to which is more than understandable. Abyss?hahaha good one

MCMG was the only reason I bought a ticket, so I was gutted. I don't think Angle was advertised for a match was he? So in that respect I wasn't really expecting much, I was more looking forward to an appearance from him. And as for Abyss....I'd much rather he was there than the likes of Moore, Magnus, Matt and Morgan.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

I can't believe I have had the control to stop myself

I'm going to try avoid any wrestling news sites so I don't find anything out

:angry: going by that I guess you are talking about Mr.Michelle McCool? Although if that is who it is I was slightly expecting it. f**k, now I want to click on the spoiler to see if it is him or not.

22 hours to go, I'm going to avoid any wrestling banter until after the rumble now, can't wait for it though.

Nah, it's Hulk Hogan. Shit, sorry spoiled it for you.

* It's not actually Hulk Hogan.

Can people who are posting spoilers write whether it's a Rumble spoiler or not, I presume it is but if it isn't then I wanna read it!

MCMG was the only reason I bought a ticket, so I was gutted. I don't think Angle was advertised for a match was he? So in that respect I wasn't really expecting much, I was more looking forward to an appearance from him. And as for Abyss....I'd much rather he was there than the likes of Moore, Magnus, Matt and Morgan.

Angle was advertised to appear, there was a big list of people.

I know what you meant but I laughed at the thought of a schizophrenic Matt Morgan.

Bit of difference between a 45/41 year old wrestler and a 31/25 year old. Why have someone like Shannon Moore involved in the X-division match when Lethal and Joe could be used and are only gonna improve the match.

Samoa Joe has been in the X DIvision for about 4 years, he was never going to be in that match. The gimmickless one? I couldn't have cared less if he was there or not.

Well given that he was advertised to be in a match I was probably expecting him to be in a match,

No he was advertised to be at the event, and he was. The advertisement said "card subject to change". Which is exactly what happened. I'd rather Flair were a manager than wrestling at this stage of his career.

Wish I hadn't read that Rumble spoiler. Thoughts on it below:

I'd have marked like f**k for Nash. I still will probably. For some reason I think Shane McMahon might be one of the six.

So would I, I just hope the other ones (well two really but I'm not gonna mention who) are mindfucks. Like two who he just don't think of.

Samoa Joe has been in the X DIvision for about 4 years, he was never going to be in that match. The gimmickless one? I couldn't have cared less if he was there or not.

Yeah but they still could've thrown him in. You have to admit, he if you don't like him, that Lethal brings more to the table than Shannon Moore

Use this site, I've been using it for every PPV and WWE/TNA broadcast since Survivor Series and it is yet to be shut down. It'll put the section up for the Rumble nearer the time and it gives you links to embedded streams. Usually has at least 3 or 4 but maybe more since it's a big one.

forehead said he would provide

forehead said he would provide

I don't provide the links, you click on that site, (here it is again), and you click on the Rumble one. It has six links atm so you just click on any one of them and it'll be streaming at 1. Some of them require a program to be installed or for you to view it using internet explorer, only reason I have it installed still, and you're ready to go.

I hope they have it in the order of women's match, SD title, Raw title then the Rumble. Can't be doing with the wavering excitement. Good chance they'll be another match, been five other matches on the card except 2001 and 2004 where there was four.

Cheers forehead.

Cant see there being anymore matches - I would think rumble will be 90mins or so

90?!? Last year's was about 50 mins(according to Wiki)

All yer Royal Rumble banter in here or in the thread in the GN thread?

Actually paid for this one and haven't watched it in a wee while but thought I would partake since I'm off work tomorrow. So have managed to avoid any spoilers.

I'll be in whatever one has new posts. Lucky you.