The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Long time Spanish commentator Hugo Savinovich has been released by the WWE and announced his retirement from commentary. Spanish announce table spots will never be the same again. :(

Yeah, real shame that. He hasn't been at the last few PPVs - Carlos Cabrera has been on comms with a younger fella.

Question for those going to ICW, when does it tend to finish? Wondering if I'll time to make the last train home after it.

Thisis a MASSIVE problem, and if you have no alternate plans, I'd really advise not going at all rather than having to leave during the show. There's the option to stay back and watch Vengeance at Walkabout, and wait a couple of hours for the first train, but it's not ideal.

Don't know if any of you saw or heard about this, but ESPN did a documentary entitled The Wrestler: The Scott Hall Story. Really interesting / sad documentary on The Bad Guy, well worth a watch, that's the link below.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:7124904

Terribly sad, but I'm glad that he isn't in a permanent catatonic state and suffering the onset of Parkinsons symptoms like the rumours were saying back when he made that infamous appearance. The promoter, as was said at the time of this (on this thread I'm sure) was a total arsehole for letting him go out in that state in April. He showed himself up as a p***k in this documentary too.

I hope he helps himself, he was a brilliant character and could have offered a lot to the wrestling world today, but the damage he has done is irreversible and going out on the road again is a definite no-no, as he'll more than likely relapse. I'd love to see him in a ring one more time, or standing speaking at the HOF one year, rather than a posthumous induction.

I went to watch RAW last night, the start of it was terrible, they then announced that Jim Ross would be fighting with Cena later that night!. I simply turned off and removed it from my Sky Planner, did I miss anything chaps?

No. It was shit.

Has anyone seen TNA from last night. Are TNA upping the crowd mics or feeding in crowd noise because it was way loud in the Impact Zone

They've been feeding in crown noise in the Impact Zone for ages now. Because it's full of utter mongs who create a terrible atmosphere, or indeed lack of one.

I was gonna advise ICW again, but I've made my point. So I'll just stress what I said earlier and say that catching the last train post-show could be a problem. The last show over-ran as they all do, but they usually over-run to the point that you can still make the train. Last time that didn't happen. So beware if you're going. You get free entry to the Walkabout with yer ICW ticket if you do decide to go and that runs to 4am for the Vengeance PPV screening which can kill time for you. The next couple of hours are a right pain in the arse if you do that though. So yeah, if catching the train is vital to ya, don't go, unless you don't mind missing the ending, or even the whole main event.

I was gonna advise ICW again, but I've made my point. So I'll just stress what I said earlier and say that catching the last train post-show could be a problem. The last show over-ran as they all do, but they usually over-run to the point that you can still make the train. Last time that didn't happen. So beware if you're going. You get free entry to the Walkabout with yer ICW ticket if you do decide to go and that runs to 4am for the Vengeance PPV screening which can kill time for you. The next couple of hours are a right pain in the arse if you do that though. So yeah, if catching the train is vital to ya, don't go, unless you don't mind missing the ending, or even the whole main event.

I'll probably just take the risk; think there's a crowd of about ten of us heading up so if I can't be arsed with Walkabout there should be people up for sharing a taxi down the road. I never usually mind hanging about waiting for the first train home anyway, done that after many midweek gigs. Replacement bus between Glasgow and Paisley after 9pm tomorrow too which is more hassle.

Right. In that case, try and get there before doors open at 7pm. They're thinking that it's going to be a sellout. Wouldn't be the first time as the last big show seen about 100 turned away at the door and with this being the first TV taping and the blowoff for most of the fueds, and a couple of new ones looking to get going, as well as Pro Wrestling NOAH's Zack Sabre Jr. drawing some fans that might not be there otherwise.

Can you tell I'm excited? :P:D

Completely forgot Vengeance was tonight. Don't even know if I can be arsed staying up for it as the last few weeks of WWE has been beyond awful.

Yeah, it's sorta crept up on us this PPV. Doesn't help that it's the 3rd one in five weeks or so. At least it's on Sky Sports.

Edited by The Naitch

Completely forgot Vengeance was tonight. Don't even know if I can be arsed staying up for it as the last few weeks of WWE has been beyond awful.

Same here, if it was for the prediction thread(in which someone else posted the card) then I wouldn't have remembered as there's been no talk about it.

I'll probably watch the first hour or so and then catch up tomorrow.

Looking forward to it myself, have a feeling it'll be one of those good ones that just creep up and surprise you (guaranteed to be shit now I've said that). Off work tomorrow, a few beers with TNA Impact then the PPV itself, lovely.

:D