The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Has this been mentioned or anyone seen it on Sky channel 219:

British Wrestling returns to our screens with a REBOOT! With UKW Mayhem. Wrestling has evolved dramatically from the Saturday afternoon bouts the country used to sit around the telly to watch before the football scores. The influence of the American and the Lucha Libra Mexican style of wrestling has been infused with our British style and everything has been cranked up to 11! UKW Wrestling Experience: Let the Mayhem begin!

Half an hour show was NOT ENOUGH. So MY Channel and UKW Mayhem are pleased to announce the start of a new era.

ENJOY A FULL HOUR OF MAYHEM AT HOME!

1 hour programme every THURSDAY at 20.00pm – Repeating on Saturday at 21:10 & Sunday at 18:30pm!

Saw it in the sky planner as I was flicking through the channels just before 9 o'clock so missed the actual programme. Might try and record one of the repeats to see what it's about.

TNA Spoiler

Roode beats Storm to win Heavyweight title but hitting him with a bottle and turning heel. What a fucking shambles this company is. A good 3-6 month story destroyed in 2 weeks. Should't get hopes built up with TNA ]

What was the point in even giving the title to Storm? They may as well have let Roode win at BFG, then defend against Storm where he hits him with the bottle and turns heel.

It's one of the many things I can't stand about TNA, the constant face/heel turns. At one point there was one almost every week.

Anyway, Roode will make an excellent heel champ I reckon, it's just the whole giving the title to Storm thing I don't get. I have a funny feeling though that the title will be on Hardy before much longer.

What was the point in even giving the title to Storm? They may as well have let Roode win at BFG, then defend against Storm where he hits him with the bottle and turns heel.

It's one of the many things I can't stand about TNA, the constant face/heel turns. At one point there was one almost every week.

Anyway, Roode will make an excellent heel champ I reckon, it's just the whole giving the title to Storm thing I don't get. I have a funny feeling though that the title will be on Hardy before much longer.

Storm's character makes more sense to be the heel of that team, who I guess are now broken up, along with Fortune. Splitting Fortune up makes sense since Immortal has to disband now that Hogan's gone face.

The Storm title change and then to Roode is actually quite easily explained.

TNA realised that it's James Storm and not Bobby Roode that's the more natural babyface between the two guys, and having Bobby Roode as the main babyface to take the title from Kurt Angle wasn't the best idea. But they had to give SOMEONE the title, because Bobby Roode is still pretty much stapled to the main event now, and they need a fued to go with, so James Storm was the obvious choice.

Then they decided to give James Storm the proper chase that they should have given Bobby Roode in the first place. Kurt Angle most likely had a storyline in place for when he lost the title hence why he has dropped out of the scene altogether, and the title change from Storm to Roode gets both 1) the heel turn in place and 2) the new babyface chaser.

While not well done, that's only because they took too long figuring out which one of Beer Money they wanted as the top face in the promotion at the moment. Well, behind Sting and Hogan of course. What's vital now is where they go from here. THAT'S where the storyline will live or die.

As for UKW, I tried to watch it but I was put off. There's some really good UK names on their roster, but there isn't half some pish as well. There's countless promotions around the UK with better production and better rosters and better matches that haven't been given the slot they have. It's bizarre. Thankfully, one such promotion have a show starting in January. ;)

There's no defending TNA in my view. Clearly Beer Money were going to feud, and it should still be a deecnt one, but they've totally fucked it up. They're just rushed it and made some baffling decisions in doing so

Fans of Beyond the Mat, search for the Glasgow radio station Pulse FM, and on Tuesday from 10pm to midnight, they have a special guest...

Dennis Stamp!!!

Just don't expect him to do much... except bounce. It helps that it's a right good fun show.

Is he coming back anytime soon?, he's badly missed :(

I've no idea but I'm sure he will be back at some point.

I'm off uni tomorrow, so staying up for RAW tonight and actually looking forward to it. The Muppets, The Rock, and possibly the end of Michael Cole as a commentator.