Livingston - all the threads merged

23 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Ironic really: if there'd been a proper fans' share issue 25 years ago there wouldn't be a Livingston FC today..

Personally i feel sorry for ex meadowbank fans like yourself tam,one mans pain is another mans pleasure they say. We have a club now to support in West Lothian,its not been easy with one clown after the other running or should that be ruining the show down Almondvale way. As for you guys tam,i know your still bitter about what happened,you hav City to follow now and i wish you's every success in staying up this season and beyond.

Can't have been more than about four or five. The vast, vast majority of those who supported Thistle wanted nothing to do with your team. For fairly obvious reasons...

No. Please do explain.

2 minutes ago, AMC13 said:

No. Please do explain.

Here's the most basic level. If your team was taken over and someone planned to move them to, say, East Kilbride and call the club East KIlbride United would you still support them? Perhaps you would but I'd imagine lots of your fellow fans wouldn't...

12 minutes ago, Brewing up a storm said:

Can't have been more than about four or five. The vast, vast majority of those who supported Thistle wanted nothing to do with your team. For fairly obvious reasons...

Aw come on, there wasn't enough Meadowbank fans to warrant 2 vasts.

22 minutes ago, Brewing up a storm said:

Here's the most basic level. If your team was taken over and someone planned to move them to, say, East Kilbride and call the club East KIlbride United would you still support them? Perhaps you would but I'd imagine lots of your fellow fans wouldn't...

Dunno, it was only 20 minutes or so along the road to Livi, but I sat next to an old guy and his grandson at a cup game years ago and he was a Meadowbank fan from Tranent, so didn't stop him supporting his team when they moved to Livingston.. You can be against a move but still keep supporting your team.

There are still plenty of Clyde fans supporting their team after they moved to Cumbernauld too.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Dunno, it was only 20 minutes or so along the road to Livi, but I sat next to an old guy and his grandson at a cup game years ago and he was a Meadowbank fan from Tranent, so didn't stop him supporting his team when they moved to Livingston..

There are still plenty of Clyde fans supporting their team after they moved to Cumbernauld too.

One guy you met at a cup game years ago..Not the best defence of the original point, is it?

Not sure what the relevance of Clyde moving to Cumbernauld is.

Just now, Brewing up a storm said:

One guy you met at a cup game years ago..Not the best defence of the original point, is it?

Not sure what the relevance of Clyde moving to Cumbernauld is.

Tbf there was only about 10 men and a dug going to Meadowbank games and I've met the vast, vast majority of them at Livi games.

A bit obv what the relevance is.

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Tbf there was only about 10 men and a dug going to Meadowbank games and I've met the vast, vast majority of them at Livi games.

A bit obv what the relevance is.

Is pretty clear that you really don't know what you're on about whenever you talk at Meadowbank on this site. As a Thistle fan there's actually a few Livi fans who discuss the Thistle issue sensibly, even if I don't necessarily agree with them. You're not one of them.

Can't believe I'm having to spell this out to you, but the main difference between Thistle and Clyde was that Clyde kept their name. There's other differences as well but I don't want to overcomplicate things for you.

Anyway, I take it you'd have supported East KIlbride United then?

Is pretty clear that you really don't know what you're on about whenever you talk at Meadowbank on this site. As a Thistle fan there's actually a few Livi fans who discuss the Thistle issue sensibly, even if I don't necessarily agree with them. You're not one of them.
Can't believe I'm having to spell this out to you, but the main difference between Thistle and Clyde was that Clyde kept their name. There's other differences as well but I don't want to overcomplicate things for you.
Anyway, I take it you'd have supported East KIlbride United then?

You've got yourself into quite a mess over this. Livi's been a great laugh we've been a rip roaring success. It seems you've missed all the fun.