Livingston - all the threads merged

I'd actually disagree with you re: our defence - Halkett and Gallagher are two very classy players, and since we seem to be playing 3-5-2, an additional centre half in as cover wouldn't go amiss. If we're going with four at any time we'd have the option of Halkett or Brown (or Mullin) at RB, and Longridge or Lithgow at LB. Hardly ideal and it's easy to see why we're going with the three, but we're not devoid of options should we need to play full-backs.

3 minutes ago, Afro said:

I'd actually disagree with you re: our defence - Halkett and Gallagher are two very classy players, and since we seem to be playing 3-5-2, an additional centre half in as cover wouldn't go amiss. If we're going with four at any time we'd have the option of Halkett or Brown (or Mullin) at RB, and Longridge or Lithgow at LB. Hardly ideal and it's easy to see why we're going with the three, but we're not devoid of options should we need to play full-backs.

Fair enough. I didn't realise you guys were playing 3-5-2 and in that case, I would agree with your assessment. 

5 minutes ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Michael Miller linked with Forfar, he any good?

Good player, unlucky to get injured early last season as he was a regular in the first team.

He was offered a deal with us but as far as I'm aware his agent wanted more money from us and we refused. 

He was then offered another deal by us as he was struggling to find a club but again his agent advised him to turn us down. 

Bit of a kick in the teeth to the club after helping him through his rehab etc but that's football. 

He would be a stand out for you if he signed, he needs to get shot of his agent though. 

Hello Livi fans, please enjoy a quiz I've made for you on Livi's top scorers. You only need to type in surnames! Let me know how you get on and any other feedback you have :)

https://www.sporcle.com/games/purplefrogg6/livingston-top-5-scorers-per-season-since-9899?playlist=purplefrogg6%2Fspfl-top-5-scorers-since-9899

Good player, unlucky to get injured early last season as he was a regular in the first team.
He was offered a deal with us but as far as I'm aware his agent wanted more money from us and we refused. 
He was then offered another deal by us as he was struggling to find a club but again his agent advised him to turn us down. 
Bit of a kick in the teeth to the club after helping him through his rehab etc but that's football. 
He would be a stand out for you if he signed, he needs to get shot of his agent though. 

Awright sounds decent, Queen of the south are after him as well. So think if he doesn't go there he will end up at us. What's his best position?

1 minute ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Awright sounds decent, Queen of the south are after him as well. So think if he doesn't go there he will end up at us. What's his best position?

Defensive midfielder, just infront of the centre backs. 

Edited by andylivi1

Not sure Miller signing back up would've been good for us, if him and Byrne both played who would have been dropped, we've a good balance to the team as it is and imo Miller isn't as good as Byrne and they're too similar in playing style to be played together. I felt Miller took the lead role last season but after he got injured Byrne really shone and hasn't looked back since.

3 hours ago, JockysJetpack said:

Hello Livi fans, please enjoy a quiz I've made for you on Livi's top scorers. You only need to type in surnames! Let me know how you get on and any other feedback you have :)

https://www.sporcle.com/games/purplefrogg6/livingston-top-5-scorers-per-season-since-9899?playlist=purplefrogg6%2Fspfl-top-5-scorers-since-9899

Apart from last season which is still fresh in my mind, i'd have no chance of naming our 3rd, 4th and 5th top scorers going back through the years. Prob would have a decent chance of naming our top scorer in most season's, but that would be it.

On ‎03‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 10:32, UnitedLoon63 said:

Michael Miller linked with Forfar, he any good?

He's okay, really went anonymous in some games but shone in others. I seem to remember pre-injury that he only really showed up in 1 game when we needed him and it was to score a 25 yarder. Other than that, when backs are to the wall he seems to hide

Hopefully we can tie a deal up for both Andy Ryan and Jesus in the next few weeks. Would be good to have that extra cover at the back and someone that could finish so that we're not relying on Danny.

Felt bad for him today, think he let the penalty miss get to him a bit

Didn't feel confident of us scoring the pen when I saw Mullen taking it, last one I remember him taking was when he hit it over the bar and out of the ground against Albion Rovers .

He didn't take one in the pen shoot out against Partick either, so couldn't have been all that confident. Prob should have Pittman, Mullin, Jacobs or Cadden taking them now.

Good solid performance by the players though, I think we will be a hard team to beat this season.