Livingston - all the threads merged

I'll not lie, I'd be gutted if Lionel was back up here with another club.

Pretty wide of the mark in terms of him bringing "cuteness". He's not really that type of player. I'm actually not sure how he'd fit in a Livi side. From what I've seen of you guys your success has been build on organisation and application. Ainsworth isn't the sort of player who'll give you that. In fact it was probably one of Robinson's main issues with him. Ainsworth really ended up an impact sub under Robinson.

He's the sort of guy who can look like he's not bothering his arse for 85 mins then ping one in from 30 yards. You don't get 90 minutes of graft from him but you do get the goals...

Spoiler

Some boi...

JS64761672.jpg

Edited by capt_oats

44 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I'll not lie, I'd be gutted if Lionel was back up here with another club.

Pretty wide of the mark in terms of him bringing "cuteness". He's not really that type of player. I'm actually not sure how he'd fit in a Livi side. From what I've seen of you guys your success has been build on organisation and application. Ainsworth isn't the sort of player who'll give you that. In fact it was probably one of Robinson's main issues with him. Ainsworth really ended up an impact sub under Robinson.

He's the sort of guy who can look like he's not bothering his arse for 85 mins then ping one in from 30 yards. You don't get 90 minutes of graft from him but you do get the goals...

Reveal hidden contents

Some boi...

JS64761672.jpg

Much appreciated. I would like us to add a tricky speed merchant in wide areas. Looks like he is a composed finisher. Attitude-wise Ainsworth doesn’t sound like the man. Hmmm

Edited by crispy

From what I remember about Ainsworth and what I've heard from Rangers supporting mates I'm not sure if either of the players mentioned would fit into our team. Fantastic players but they both seem to come with a reputation of lazy or anonymous at times etc.

Bobby Burns on loan and he's looked ok - nothing special tbh. Might not be paying much (if anything) for his wages so could be good to keep as cover. Doubt Crane would leave he's just be signed and is a young lad. One for next season.

Anyone know how bad Lee Miller's injury v Abz was?

Guy from daily express saying rumours Saunders might be joining us on loan. How do Livi fans think he would do in the championship?

by the way hope 2019 sees Livi keep up the great work- truly incredible performances and team in 2018 and great to see you guys shake up the premier league (albeit wish it hadn’t been at our expense but we only have ourselves to blame)

Saunders will do a decent job in the Championship, he looked a bit slow and lethargic when he started out for us which didn’t really adhere him to the fans but he’s obviously got a wee bit about him. 

Hope he does well for you guys and propels you up the league. 

Also hearing Mathew Knox is to head out to Berwick on loan. 

18 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Just seen a picture of Saunders in a Partick kit...not sure if it's a permanent move or a loan

Edit: It's an 18 month contract...that's a wage off the books...good move for all involved IMO

If the above is true then thats good news! Free up some ££. No idea who we can look to bring in. Wouldn't mind taking punt on some league 1 lads who are doing well! Done us well so far.

3 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
4 minutes ago, Mpire said:
If the above is true then thats good news! Free up some ££. No idea who we can look to bring in. Wouldn't mind taking punt on some league 1 lads who are doing well! Done us well so far.

It's been confirmed by Partick

On our official site as well.

Good news all around in my opinion. He wasn't up to the physicality or pace of the premiership and scared the cr@p out of me whenever he played. In the championship he'll get more time and work on his confidence. By all accounts he did well for TNS so there's a good player in there; it was his bad fortune that he was with a team with such a strong defence.

Just now, Durnford said:

A bit more decorum please Atlis

(even if I do agree with you 100%)

We can't take any passengers in the Premiership, now time for the wages to be spent well. 

Knox away next please ffs

5 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

We can't take any passengers in the Premiership, now time for the wages to be spent well. 

Knox away next please ffs

The last time Knox really impressed me was in a friendly against Stenhousemuir which was, I believe, the season before we went down to division one. All appearances since have failed to live up to expectations. Actually I though Ogilvie was better anyway.

1 hour ago, Mpire said:

I think when we signed some League One players it worked out so well because we were playing in League One, it gave the whole team time to grow to where they are today. That wont happen now we're in the top flight, no League One player is going to get straight into a Premiership team and have time to develop. It really was a blessing in disguise getting relegated 3 seasons ago, also gave Hoppy the time to develop too, he made some mistakes but got the luxury of being able to recover from them and still win the league.

From what is being reported on trialists it looks like we're looking at English lower league players.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Done no bad bringing in players in the Jan transfer window the last 2 seasons, Gallagher in League One, Miller and Hardie last season, continue in that vein would be good.

Loking forward to Raffa returning after the Winter break too, and  Hardie staying on. 

Didn't Keaghan come back in League 1 as well, so did Raffa