Livingston - all the threads merged

7 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

There's Stokes signed on a one year deal. 

Getting written off by a lot of our fans before even seeing him play, if he's even got half the talent he had 4 years ago he'll be a decent signing for us. Got to trust Holt and Martindale having sussed him out to see if he'd fit in with our hard working ethic, and not just on past reputation, surely! :unsure:😂

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Getting written off by a lot of our fans before even seeing him play, if he's even got half the talent he had 4 years ago he'll be a decent signing for us. Got to trust Holt and Martindale having sussed him out to see if he'd fit in with our hard working ethic, and not just on past reputation, surely! :unsure:😂

His stats at his previous club aren't promising. 

Averaged 1 attempt at winning a ball off opposition players per 90 minutes. Around the same for attempting headers.

On 20/08/2020 at 19:21, LIVIFOREVER said:

If he was going out on loan St Mirren would prob get him, they were after a striker on loan from them a few weeks ago. Not sure Griffiths would be a player we'd want anyway, fantastic player but a fecking idiot and may be a disruptive influence. 

I think the spot in the squad for a fecking idiot has just been taken.

Feel he still has a couple of years left in him if he's prepared to knuckle down and build up his fitness.

Obviously he's played with a couple of our boys previously but he always seems to have had a discipline problem. With the strict social distancing rules introduced as a result of the pandemic; I really worry that he's going to drop us right in it by doing something stupid; maybe even getting Scottish football halted altogether as threatened by the Scottish government.

As shown by the examples of Aberdeen and Celtic; the club can only do so much in controlling their players. We seem to have signed one who has previously shown to be uncontrollable.

Pretty sure he will score goals; but at what cost?

Yeh agree D.But even this early in the season.Weve got a player albeit the baggage he brings with him.Hes Quality in the forward situation we currently find ourselves in, Fact.So many negativites before hes even kicked a ball..Im confident we'll climb the table.And im sure someone of his quality if fit wont let us down.Watch this space 🦁 

27 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

There's speculation on our forum about your season ticket sales? Apparently you've only shifted 200, and are skint. Is that true? I know you have shite support, but 200? 

Apparently the 200 number is a load of shite and we've sold 800 - but 200 number is being put around to try get fans to buy in/feel bad

Edited by ATLIS

5 hours ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

There's speculation on our forum about your season ticket sales? Apparently you've only shifted 200, and are skint. Is that true? I know you have shite support, but 200? 

Nicely put.:thumsup2

Sorry to disappoint,  apparently we've just come into a wee windfall.

Spoiler

See the source image

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Nicely put.:thumsup2

Sorry to disappoint,  apparently we've just come into a wee windfall.

Reveal hidden contents

See the source image

Aye, I was a bit blunt, admittedly. I actually have a lot of respect for Livi fans. Your club not only lives in the shadow of the OF, with umpteen buses departing for Glasgow each week, no doubt, but also the Edinburgh clubs. You had a pretty good season last year, and yet are still struggling to sell STs.

We've sold > 3,200, despite preserving our top flight status in the last game of the season. 

4 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

You had a pretty good season last year, and yet are still struggling to sell STs.

We've sold > 3,200, despite preserving our top flight status in the last game of the season. 

A St Mirren fan crowdwanking in a more successful clubs thread?

notsurprisedkirk.jpg.796e3a4a53676543298f4bc7229e8e47.jpg

Edited by RandomGuy.

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

A St Mirren fan crowdwanking in a more successful clubs (sic) thread?

notsurprisedkirk.jpg.796e3a4a53676543298f4bc7229e8e47.jpg

Livingston are a more successful club? We've won the Scottish Cup three times, as well as the League Cup. 

Edited by Sinner-to-Saint

8 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Livingston are a more successful club? We've won the Scottish Cup three times, as well as the League Cup. 

St Mirren fan using successes from the previous century to claim theyre a big club...

notsurprisedkirk.jpg.e54f306e231d235cf166633a2fc32c5a.jpg

43 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

I actually have a lot of respect for Livi fans. Your club not only lives in the shadow of the OF, with umpteen buses departing for Glasgow each week, no doubt, but also the Edinburgh clubs. 

What about the clubs they over shadow who were playing in and around Livingston before they pitched their tent in the town?

The Old Firm and Edinburgh clubs thing is without doubt the biggest challenge. Do you think affluence has any role? I read an article that said women in Livingston were joint lowest paid in the Lothians. I can’t imagine the men are making that much more. There are low income areas dotted across the country so it may not be a significant differentiator.

Edited by crispy