Livingston - all the threads merged

6 minutes ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

Any extra fans through the gates is a bonus it's just a shame it's not been well used in recent years.

Depends in which context you look at it really. An increase of 1,000+ on a single gate equates to as near as dammit an immediate 100% uplift when you look at our core ST support. 

The real indicator on whether these initiatives are a success is if the club see an increase in ST's purchased season on season, which there has been. Has that been due to participation in the top league? Free ticket giveaways? I've no idea. It's always good to get anecdotal evidence from the likes of yourself; do the club collect info when people purchase a ST as to whether the person is a new attendee, how they heard about the club etc.?

Think the first one we did was hit with a late call off, due to the weather, then the rearranged game was midweek, and an evening ko, which obv reduced the initial amount that would attend, with kids having school in the morning.

The last couple we've done were good though, lots of noisy kids enjoying themselves. Can remember one of them with the kids behind the goal in the South stand cheering every tackle our defenders made, must be encouraging for the players hearing this too.

1 hour ago, scottbamby said:

Jay Emmanuel Thomas, otherwise known as JET.

Talk to me. On trial with us. Likely to do a job in the Championship?

Fuckknows.

Took about 6 months to get fit with us, then was outstanding for the last few months of the season and got a contract with Aberdeen. Great finisher and was unplayable at times, but didn't do well the following season at Aberdeen. At 32 you have to think he's a jobber for a reason, hasn't shown the consistency to reach the heights his potential had shown. Great technical ability when everything clicked, if you can get him fit and focused he'll be some player for Caley, that's not going to be easy though, or he'd have been playing in the English Premiership.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

JET was for a short time a cult hero at Livi.As L/F says,took a while to get up to a decent level of fitness,albeit there was a player within him.Aberdeen was a step too far for him imo.If fit he would certainly do a job for Caley at that level with respect.Has to get his head right. I wish him well.👍.

The match today was a total shiter but there was a tactical change worth highlighting. Montaño was tried at left centre back for the first time. You're wasting his dribbling and goal scoring knack playing him there. Yet you gain a fast wide centre back who likes to defend as high as possible. De Lucas is similar on the other side and both give you excellent recovery pace. That'd potentially allow us to play a higher defensive line which means less camping in your own box and less crosses to deal with. Ideal if Obileye isn't there. Devlin isn't the quickest but he reads the game expertly so a higher defence with Montaño and De Lucas either side would suit him.

The defensive line being able to play higher shunts the rest of the side farther forward too. It'd be great to have Nouble's starting position that bit higher as he's been collecting the ball too deep recently. Allowing Penrice and especially Mackay to play right on the opposition's offside line could be done too if you had the aggressive positioning and mobility of De Lucas and Montaño covering behind them.

There's also that an experienced left centre back who's good enough is just quite hard to find, especially on our budget. So there's a few reasons to convert Montaño.

All said, though, that's only a single sub appearance in the role for him. No indication if Martindale is considering it longer term.

Stats show one shot on target,and that was the pen Livi got.Post International breaks are notorious for us.Was always going to be a tough ask for us down there,but FFS.Litterally nothing up front as opposed to Killie who had.No complaints.We got what we deserved, nothing.And Martindale has honestly said so himself.😢.

8 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

From the outside looking in it seems like something is slightly off with Livi just now.

Today, certainly. One of those games where too many key players were off the pace, like they were half asleep, just not on their game. There's also that the team is defence-first, especially in away matches, so if the defence is weak then the rest of the team goes to shit in line with that. The defence was weak today. Obileye was a huge miss and possibly not picking the more defensively solid Brandon at right wing back was an error.

Generally, though, I don't see a problem. The win over Motherwell before the break was a good performance.

55 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

From the outside looking in it seems like something is slightly off with Livi just now.

Maybe its the former CEO/current Chairman overseeing on his watch over a £1m losses in the last 2 years. With more court cases looming.

The livi fans with fingers in their ears pretending all is well.

maybe its that ? 

Edited by Livi

40 minutes ago, Freedom Farter said:

Generally, though, I don't see a problem. The win over Motherwell before the break was a good performance.

I think it's the biggest problem with Martindale's style of football, when things go badly like today then there's a lot more to complain about. If we grind out wins or hard-fought draws then it's a bit easier to watch. 

Think youl find that a majority of Livi fans whilst as you've suggested have fingers in there ears,are not nieve enough to realise weve an ongoing problem upstairs.While I understand where your coming from,I suspect most will be just greatfull that we still have somewhere to go to on any givin Saturday.With respect,we haven't got a big enough fanbase to influence what happens on a day to day basis as to the ongoings week in week out within the club.As ive said, that unfortunately will never change unless,well not during my lifetime.We are stuck and always will be between a rock and a hard place imo.So many fans have left us meaning a severe drop in badly needed income.Granted,there's been a slight increase recently.But FFs get real.Were a reasonably established SPL team,albeit punching well above our weight. Until West Lothian wakens up again,for me its a steady decline.But as I've said,as long as I've my football team,il be there.Sorry for the rant.But tell me if I'm wrong.🤷‍♂️.

14 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Think youl find that a majority of Livi fans whilst as you've suggested have fingers in there ears,are not nieve enough to realise weve an ongoing problem upstairs.While I understand where your coming from,I suspect most will be just greatfull that we still have somewhere to go to on any givin Saturday.With respect,we haven't got a big enough fanbase to influence what happens on a day to day basis as to the ongoings week in week out within the club.As ive said, that unfortunately will never change unless,well not during my lifetime.We are stuck and always will be between a rock and a hard place imo.So many fans have left us meaning a severe drop in badly needed income.Granted,there's been a slight increase recently.But FFs get real.Were a reasonably established SPL team,albeit punching well above our weight. Until West Lothian wakens up again,for me its a steady decline.But as I've said,as long as I've my football team,il be there.Sorry for the rant.But tell me if I'm wrong.🤷‍♂️.

Not sure there is any dispute with lots of what you have said.

I am getting real though.

A club like Livingston with a player budget of £1.2m should not be losing £800k this year. We have more money than we've ever had in recent times coming into the club.

How can we be loosing £800k and a looming court case that is suggested we're being pursued for another 6 or 7 digits in £££'s

Edited by Livi

Ive tried so hard not to comment elaborately on the court cases etc.Im talking possibly on behalf of your normal Livi fan who rolls up year in year out,without with respect knowing about the goings on upstairs as to the running of and well being of the club.I do appreciate that the ongoing situation might inevitabley put a halt financially to what we currently know in our guise as LFC.Till then,with respect il continue to do what I've done for the last 28 years and get behind the team,regardless of todays result.👍.

2 hours ago, Livi said:

A club like Livingston with a player budget of £1.2m should not be losing £800k this year. We have more money than we've ever had in recent times coming into the club

I can think of three things off the top of my head that have adversely affected us financially. First of all, and it’s the one I’m probably most unsure of, is that it appears to me that there has been a noticeable drop in the number of local businesses who sponsor us. I may be way off with that, but it’s how I see it. 

The other two, I’m absolutely sure of, and they’re blindingly obvious to all. We’re living in the biggest cost of living crisis this club will have ever seen, and certainly living with highest utility costs the club will have ever seen. We also have the financial burden of VAR. Those are two things, straight off the bat, that did not exist when we were promoted and have financially crippled us.