Livingston - all the threads merged

1 hour ago, The Wrong Car said:

I completely agree that they need to sort itself out. They jumped the gun accepting Ward's offer, and realised this. That's fine, but phrasing that as "We also wish to state that Mr Ward was not invited to speak at the original meeting; he offered to speak, but was not asked" seems needlessly provocative. Ward could, and should organise a forum, but it was the Trust that publicly accepted his offer to speak at the original meeting. 

However, I think the Trust demanding apologies for "besmirching" Trust members who ask them to explain points, or posting fairly childish emojis to fans posting concerns, suggests an organisation that is fundamentally defensive towards fans' scrutiny. Hopefully the election of a new board changes this, as it's clear that the Trust, similar to the club, includes folk that are burnt out and need to step away. There's still a need for them, and hopefully this is looked back on at some point as a minor mis-step in their re-launch as an organisation for all fans

Agree with a-lot of what you say.

Emotions are running high and that creates unwanted tensions. After all when all said and done the Trust board members are just volunteers. For me they should say as little as possible now until the meeting then step down as they have suggested and let a new board be elected.

All fans need to take a deep breath and breathe slowly.

It will get worse before it gets better.

11 hours ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

I had noticed his absence recently and presumed he was on holiday or had other commitments. 

Would be very sad if he's been asked to step aside. 

9 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I may be alone in this opinion but I thought Colin Young was a pretty poor stadium announcer. Understand he's had a long tenure but that shouldn't be a reason to not move him on if we now have a better option with the guy brought in to help with the VAR announcements.

Hopefully gets a send off at some point but I think this move is a good one.

I believe it's David Hastie that's deputising for him and doing the VAR announcements and would likely be his replacement.

Edited by Cptn Hooch

37 minutes ago, Trumpty Dumpty said:

It seems Mr. Ward may have more going on than he’d like people to know. Happy to throw mud about court cases, but ignores his own in the criminal courts. Rumours abound. 

A1BB55CB-653F-4D4C-8811-00DBF73F0EE6.jpeg

CD16249A-3C36-4EA7-98FC-3629DEF87BE1.jpeg

Could of course be another John James Ward, no?

2 minutes ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

Couldn’t be our honest John!🤣🤣

It could be, of course. I would imagine there’s more than one John James Ward kicking about though. 

Why didn’t someone from the Trust just say “yes that’s a mistake, I’ll correct it” and avoid all of this? Doubling down on something which is obviously and demonstrably not true is a bit silly, no?

Donald Trump GIF by CBS News

On a separate note I wonder if Ward will have a glass of wine and take to Twitter to provide a commentary on this court case? 

23 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Looks like Tony Macaroni aren't fancying extending their Stadium Naming Rights.

Of all the shite stadium names we've had, the Spaghettihad will live on

If I was a rich local Italian restaurant owner I’d change my restaurant name to the Spaghettihad and sponsor your stadium.

Sadly I’m not Italian but I am very rich!

🤑 😂 

On 19/03/2024 at 10:53, meadowroadsaint said:

Aye….and we call them the Soap Dodgers. Paisley Panda got sacked for standing in front of the Caledonian Stand ,which was full of Morton fans ,at Love Street after pulling out a tin of deodorant and making a spraying motion 😂😂😂 I think the Cops got involved as well on the day IIRC. Saints fans might confirm the last bit about the cops.

I think it was their ex-Chairman Hugh Scott who took offence and made it an issue, I worked with alongside a coupla guys who supported them and they weren't in the least bothered.

All pantomime stuff until someone without a sense of humour arrived on the scene. 

Edited by btb

On 19/03/2024 at 22:30, mozam76 said:

It could be, of course. I would imagine there’s more than one John James Ward kicking about though. 

Just checked - there appear to be 71 John Ward's in central Scotland; about three quarters can be discounted immediately because of age group. One is a barrister (currently inactive); another a school teacher, a third works for a government department (unspecified).

No doubt whoever posted this carried out due diligence?

Our club is in a sorry state of that there is no doubt. 

The club seem like they want their side of the story out in the open whereas there is silence from other parties. Now this could be the result of legal advice due to the ongoing/upcoming court cases.

I found the timing of the trusts resurgence somewhat convenient and sadly they haven't done anything since to fill me with confidence. That is not to say that they don't have the clubs best interests at heart. 

Now I truly don't know anything of the workings of supporters trusts but from everything coming out it seems likely that at least one party engaged in court cases with the club is a member of the trust. Given that the parties engaged in court cases has or has had a stake in the clubs ownership currently or historically leads to my questions. Firstly: Are club owners allowed to be members or even involved in supporters trusts? 

Secondly: Can a list of trust members be requested / published? I know there is a lot data protection laws nowadays but would go a long way to helping people understand who's got skin in the game. Given the trusts lack of minutes etc I'm not even sure such a list will even exist. 

Lastly: Is there an independent regulator for supporters trusts? As it appears ours needs some serious work. 

I will apologise for my lack of knowledge and any unwanted debate this may start. 

Edited by Livi La Vida Loca
Left a large space between paragraphs.

18 minutes ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

Our club is in a sorry state of that there is no doubt. 

The club seem like they want their side of the story out in the open whereas there is silence from other parties. Now this could be the result of legal advice due to the ongoing/upcoming court cases.

I found the timing of the trusts resurgence somewhat convenient and sadly they haven't done anything since to fill me with confidence. That is not to say that they don't have the clubs best interests at heart. 

Now I truly don't know anything of the workings of supporters trusts but from everything coming out it seems likely that at least one party engaged in court cases with the club is a member of the trust. Given that the parties engaged in court cases has or has had a stake in the clubs ownership currently or historically leads to my questions. Firstly: Are club owners allowed to be members or even involved in supporters trusts? 

Secondly: Can a list of trust members be requested / published? I know there is a lot data protection laws nowadays but would go a long way to helping people understand who's got skin in the game. Given the trusts lack of minutes etc I'm not even sure such a list will even exist. 

Lastly: Is there an independent regulator for supporters trusts? As it appears ours needs some serious work. 

I will apologise for my lack of knowledge and any unwanted debate this may start. 

I'd love all the waring factions to be able to step away and someone fresh to come in. Unfortunately though we've experienced that a couple of times before in our short history and its not always what it seems.

With regard to the trust I'm not sure "resurgence" is the right word. They've always been there but like the fire service (or the AA) you never hear about them until you need them. Actually that's probably not the best example seeing as how all the investigation that are ongoing into bullying and misogyny in the Fire Service.

I suspect you are not allowed to see a list of members for any organisation but you should be entitles to know the board members particularly if you're a member of the trust. After all you'd probably be needed to vote for them at the AGM/EGM.

I am not a member of the trust myself; I'm not sure if its an annual or lifetime subscription but suspect they've got extremely limited funds. Unfortunately they're really caught in the middle and sitting on the fence (as legally they should do) is unlikely to win many friends on either side.

31 minutes ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

Firstly: Are club owners allowed to be members or even involved in supporters trusts? 

Don’t think there’s anything that says otherwise.

If club owners/board members were in the actual trust board itself I’d defo see that as a conflict of interest.

13 minutes ago, Durnford said:

I am not a member of the trust myself; I'm not sure if its an annual or lifetime subscription but suspect they've got extremely limited funds.

think it’s annual. I’m not a member either so hopefully someone can confirm. 

13 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Unfortunately they're really caught in the middle and sitting on the fence (as legally they should do) is unlikely to win many friends on either side.

Doesn’t help when the chairman accuses them of being puppets, or at least corrupted by the fact they’ve spoken to Hogarth.

all Ward’s done by carrying on this way is that he’s emboldened fools like Dav Nan Gael above, or those in that trust post from the other day to adopt an “us v them” mentality.

people turning the thumbscrews on Duncan, Rose, and Don trying to force a confession that they’re RHS puppets.

🤣

Edited by Roger the cabin boy

34 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

The trust sounds like its a front for Rankine/Sumner and Hogarth. 

You know when cabin boy and his multi accounts red dots you, you've hit a nerve, even more so when the other clown comes along and double teams you, he's so full of shit. Logged on with 2 separate accounts already, getting involved with shit spreading no doubt. Dunno why he can't just stick to the one account, makes him look an even bigger desperado.

Rankine has always been around pulling strings, some of the Trust have pinned their flag to his mast, along with Hogarth.

35 minutes ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

think it’s annual. I’m not a member either so hopefully someone can confirm. 

I was under the impression that it was a one off joining fee of a fiver. I'm a member and that's all I've ever paid. At least I think I'm still a member, because I get (infrequent) emails from them.