Livingston - all the threads merged

Just noticed Djibril Diani has been starting in the MLS this season for Charlotte FC. Could go down as a massive what if, given we had an option to buy on him. Goes to show Martindale does have an eye for a player, sometimes it just doesn't work out at the club though.

50 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

They kept it quiet then, other than those that held his past against him, all i ever saw was plaudits for the job he was doing. ST sales were up too, might be down next season, but that will prob happen whether Martindale stays or goes. Happened the last time we were relegated from the top flight, some people only want to support us when we're in the top flight playing the big teams.

It depends entirely on what “job” you’re talking about. He more than deserved every plaudit he got, as a football manager in charge of on pitch matters, before this season. 

51 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

It depends entirely on what “job” you’re talking about. He more than deserved every plaudit he got, as a football manager in charge of on pitch matters, before this season. 

Yep.

The other jobs around the club all raised his profile in a good way too though, until this season. He chose and ordered the kits when on his hols one season, and other pre season business. Also vaguely remember reading him doing odd jobs around the stadium, like helping build the press room, and installing new showers, stuff like that. Was said to be making the signings even before being made manager. All was well and good on the good ship Martindale till we tanked this season. 

Where it really gets confusing is who actually owns Livi?

Is it meant to be McIlvogue, and he kept Ward and Dave Black in their positions running the club. Or did Hogarth going to court to block shares being sold make that null and void. Also, who initially appointed Ward to run Livi,  if someone appointed Ward Chairman, they must be able to remove him too, because Ward doesn't own shares, or the club. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Is it meant to be McIlvogue, and he kept Ward and Dave Black in their positions running the club. Or did Hogarth going to court to block shares being sold make that null and void. Also, who initially appointed Ward to run Livi,  if someone appointed Ward Chairman, they must be able to remove him too, because Ward doesn't own shares, or the club. 

Surprised you’re actually asking good questions for a change. Shame I’m blocked haha

5 minutes ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

Surprised you’re actually asking good questions for a change. Shame I’m blocked haha

He thinks we're the same person so blocked us both #fickle

Good questions who does own Livi and who appointed Ward

10 minutes ago, Livi said:

He thinks we're the same person so blocked us both #fickle

Good questions who does own Livi and who appointed Ward

He answered his own question about the Livi ownership. Sale of parent company has been blocked by interdict and is currently being disputed … so Sumner and Hogarth are the owners, as they were before mysterious mcilvogue appeared

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yep.

The other jobs around the club all raised his profile in a good way too though, until this season. He chose and ordered the kits when on his hols one season, and other pre season business. Also vaguely remember reading him doing odd jobs around the stadium, like helping build the press room, and installing new showers, stuff like that. Was said to be making the signings even before being made manager. All was well and good on the good ship Martindale till we tanked this season. 

Martindale? :D 

11 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Just noticed Djibril Diani has been starting in the MLS this season for Charlotte FC. Could go down as a massive what if, given we had an option to buy on him. Goes to show Martindale does have an eye for a player, sometimes it just doesn't work out at the club though.

He had enough time to make a judgement on the buy option and he decided against it though. Also highlights his complete lack of understanding of work permits however at least we got to see Diani in the end whereas we will never see Teto. 

57 minutes ago, CharlieWhisky said:

I wonder how much we have paid TS Galaxy in “scouting fees” to facilitate the Teto farce to date?

How dare you asking a very pertinent question. 😀 

13 minutes ago, Livi said:

How dare you asking a very pertinent question. 😀 

I remember when I was young and my mind was full of pertinent questions like why is the sky blue; how do emperor penguin's know where to go to roost or how come Margaret Thatcher's hair never moves even in a gale?

Nowadays I'm more concerned about how to pay the credit card; who on earth thought it was a good idea to sign Esmaël Gonçalves; even why is John McIlvogue listed as Chief commercial officer.

I refuse to worry about anything to do with the Teto situation; actually I said at the time that getting him here by using a visitors visa would never work but the consensus seemed to be that it was a strategy to get him in via the back door. He's still here so I suppose it worked in part but getting a working permit is almost impossible in my experience.

Can we not just stick him on against Hibs to see what he can do, meaningless end of season kick about for both teams, a pts deduction or forfeiting the game 0-3 for fielding an ineligible player is hardly going to make any difference to our season now.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

18 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Can we not just stick him on against Hibs to see what he can do, meaningless end of season kick about for both teams, a pts deduction or forfeiting the game 0-3 for fielding an ineligible player is hardly going to make any difference to our season now.

Maybe we should just take a demotion down to League 2 again, that way we can have a laugh and win some titles again :D 

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Maybe we should just take a demotion down to League 2 again, that way we can have a laugh and win some titles again :D 

If rangers can, anyone can...

it will all come out. Do you have another explanation of the financial ruin of the club? Will add *alleged* missaporpriation of funds 

Just now, ribbyonline said:

it will all come out. Do you have another explanation of the financial ruin of the club? Will add *alleged* missaporpriation of funds 

You're accusing him of stealing money from the club. It's not unreasonable for me to respond by asking for evidence of this.