Livingston - all the threads merged

I know this isn't quite running with the flow of the thread, but back to this - Massone - is there any evidence that he put money into Livingston FC? With the amount of debt supposedly accrued in the last year, I would suspect not.

First post (Gulp!)

I have been following this thread as best I could over the last 2 weeks but one thing is still not clear to me. The new regime at Livingston have said that they will spend only what they earn but they will inherit player contracts which require bigger wages to be paid than most first division clubs. Admittedly, I'm guessing but these in total will likely exceed income. How exactly will the new board deal with this? Release all their players on high wages leaving them open to breach of contract? or If they go into administration does this give them the chance to rip up existing player contracts and make the players free agents? If the latter is correct do they then not risk being unable to fulfill fixtures?

I know I'm missing something but I'm sure someone will put me right.

I'm no expert on employment law but would it not be possible for them to fire all their full time players and replace them with part timers?

Was it not recently announced that griffin & Winters had signed 2 year deals & I'm sure One was 18 months from january? I may be wrong though, My head is mince with all the crap going round in it! :(

Ah right enough. I do remember the Griffin and Winters deals being announced.

Won't be on huge money, but Griffin especially, injury prone and old, probably isn't going to be wanting to have one of his last contracts on reduced terms. Also given that they showed some loyalty to the club by signing when they did, i think they'd expect that to be repaid.

I'm no expert on employment law but would it not be possible for them to fire all their full time players and replace them with part timers?

Not without compensating the rest of their contracts. Which in Livi's financially challenged position, means no.

Only if they were going into Administration i think. What i mean is that they could in fact offer the entire squad, say a 25% wage reduction, with the alternative being they get punted/transfer listed. If the club go into Admin then i'd assume these players would join the list of creditors. Tonsilitis is the man for this question i think.

Basically if they hunt their full timers and just continue to run as normal, they'd be getting hit with court action left, right & centre.

Edited by jupe1407

Was it not recently announced that griffin & Winters had signed 2 year deals & I'm sure One was 18 months from january? I may be wrong though, My head is mince with all the crap going round in it! :(

I was under the impression he was asking for 2 year deals from now?

According to Madsone, Griffin and Winters signed for a further 6 months in the summer. I wouldn't usually trust him but I don't really see what's to lie about in that situation.

I know this isn't quite running with the flow of the thread, but back to this - Massone - is there any evidence that he put money into Livingston FC? With the amount of debt supposedly accrued in the last year, I would suspect not.

The square root of f**k all. That's why he's to blame so much and not the club.

The square root of f**k all. That's why he's to blame so much and not the club.

Well you have to hand it to him, he's a genius. He's taking something in the region of £50,000 net for a year living on expenses paid trips by this club, ran everything like a toy, and can now slink off into the night.

Not a bad job if you can get it!

Well you have to hand it to him, he's a genius. He's taking something in the region of £50,000 net for a year living on expenses paid trips by this club, ran everything like a toy, and can now slink off into the night.

Exactly, a full-blown shyster. That's why Flynn is not to blame as much (when I say as much, he does deserve blame) because he did actually put money in while he asset-stripped.

He is not as thick as he acts! It's no wonder he can't wait to come back & do it all again. :angry:

"Livi still on the brink", say McDougall

At least if we do get punished with points, there'll be no hoo-ha about it.

Aye i'd say a deduction looks likely.

I'd also have to ask what their motivation is (new owners). There's the £700,000 plus, creditors will have to get something, and unless Livi are getting the numbers through the turnstiles, they will have to make good those losses as well.

It has to be all about the stadium & land.

And all done with the blessing of the Sfl. God love them.

Lets not call for any changes now! The rules must be sacrosanct. :rolleyes:

Aye i'd say a deduction looks likely.

I'd also have to ask what their motivation is (new owners). There's the £700,000 plus, creditors will have to get something, and unless Livi are getting the numbers through the turnstiles, they will have to make good those losses as well.

It has to be all about the stadium & land.

Yep. As I've said, I don't mind if we move stadium as long as the club does benefit from the move as well as the owners. Almondvale is way too big for us and a move to a nice wee 6,000 seater (you never know :rolleyes:) with terracing at reduced running costs would beneficial for us.

Hoped you'd walk into that - yes, bought Cardiff's old lights after the Hi-Hi ones fell apart. Something about "failure to do routine maintanence" I seem to remember being the report about why they had to go - par for the course at Cliftonheap really...

It's very easy to be holier than everyone else - as Albion Rovers have done for decades - about living within your means when your credit rating is so shit that banks wouldn't give you loans for major development and investors would sooner go to a Junior or EoS side because the entire sports and business community regards Albion Rovers as a basket case just making up the numbers.

No one will invest in you - ever - because you live in backward Billy-Bobsville where 80% of the locals pretend that they're Irish and that if they don't support one half of Axis of Evil, they will go to Hell when they die.

At least in places like East Kilbride, Cumbernauld - and dare I say it Livingston - a club has a chance - but so long as Albion Rovers remain a Coatbridge club, a pig will break the sound barrier before they can even get so far as being promoted to Division 1, despite being in one of Scotland's most populated towns.

And that is what sticks in your craw about Livingston isn't it? For now, they are hasbeens, whereas Albion Rovers remain never-were-and-never-will-bes ;)

jeso - where did that come from ?

Yep. As I've said, I don't mind if we move stadium as long as the club does benefit from the move as well as the owners. Almondvale is way too big for us and a move to a nice wee 6,000 seater (you never know :rolleyes:) with terracing at reduced running costs would beneficial for us.

Certainly the 10,000 capacity is a waste of time, especially at this level.

I guess their intentions will boil down to costs ... will they make significant profit from a development of Almondvale minus the cost of a new, smaller stadium.

Is there anything to stop them making a whack of cash from Almondvale then just fucking off into the sunset without building such a new facility?

McDougall certainly wouldn't go off into the sunset.

It doesn't matter anyway because I'm 90% sure that the council have said that any purchase of the stadium will come with regulations that it must be used for football for the next x years. It will be about land around the stadium if anything.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

McDougall certainly wouldn't go off into the sunset.

It doesn't matter anyway because I'm 90% sure that the council have said that any purchase of the stadium will come with regulations that it must be used for football for the next x years. It will be about land around the stadium if anything.

Is there still loads of waste ground around it? I've only been there once, THAT fucking game in 2005. Canny mind much about it apart from there's a big fucking hill <_< .

Is there still loads of waste ground around it? I've only been there once, THAT fucking game in 2005. Canny mind much about it apart from there's a big fucking hill <_< .

At the moment there is the car park to the west of the stadium, a big bit of empty land and car park to the north, our astro to the east of the stadium, stairs down from the shopping centre next to the south-east part of the stadium and as you say, the infamous hill, where thousands upon thousands of Dundee fans stood to see their team get relegated by the mighty lions, to the south west.

P.S. GIRUY!

At the moment there is the car park to the west of the stadium, a big bit of empty land and car park to the north, our astro to the east of the stadium, stairs down from the shopping centre next to the south-east part of the stadium and as you say, the infamous hill, where thousands upon thousands of Dundee fans stood to see their team get relegated by the mighty lions, to the south west.

P.S. GIRUY!

Aye i came down by the stairs last time, and tried to get in beside the astro pitches. Ended up on the hill.

Oh, and:

c**t :lol: