Livingston - all the threads merged

Agreed.

Livi's Trust and fans have had MONTHS to start raising cash, but chose to sit on their arses and wait for a white knight/charlatan*.

And don't use the pish excuse about not wanting Massone to get it. It could EASILY have been kept aside until necessary.

(* Delete as applicable)

Jupe, the trouble was that the con man Massone created such a divide among confused fans that the bulk of them ignored the Trust's warnings until it was almost too late. He may have been mad but he sure as hell wasn't daft as testified by his making off with a cool £50k

Jupe, the trouble was that the con man Massone created such a divide among confused fans that the bulk of them ignored the Trust's warnings until it was almost too late. He may have been mad but he sure as hell wasn't daft as testified by his making off with a cool £50k

Massone comes across as a bumbling fool in TV interviews. How in god's name did he managed to fool so many fans?

Did you go & trawl through the Gretna thread too or did you remember this? Waffen certainly had me on a wild goose hunt! :lol:

He's on the Morton board as well, and it's one of those thigns I just remember as fact. In fact, he was on the news discussing it around that time.

Massone comes across as a bumbling fool in TV interviews. How in god's name did he managed to fool so many fans?

He did not fool that many fans but rather fooled the fans with the loudest voices, who then screamed hell for leather at those of us who were branded 'enemies'. Massone claimed to have evidence of sabotage which he never produced & various other ugly untruths were 'leaked' into the support which then caused the huge rift, As always the liar forgot what lies he had told whom & was found out by those that had put there trust in him. :angry:

Guest American Diamond

First post (Gulp!)

I have been following this thread as best I could over the last 2 weeks but one thing is still not clear to me. The new regime at Livingston have said that they will spend only what they earn but they will inherit player contracts which require bigger wages to be paid than most first division clubs. Admittedly, I'm guessing but these in total will likely exceed income. How exactly will the new board deal with this? Release all their players on high wages leaving them open to breach of contract? or If they go into administration does this give them the chance to rip up existing player contracts and make the players free agents? If the latter is correct do they then not risk being unable to fulfill fixtures?

I know I'm missing something but I'm sure someone will put me right.

There is a thing called mutual termination, you know.

And for the record, I doubt the wages of our 13 man squad greatly exceeds what we can spend. I have no idea who is the highest earner now that Innes has left (I'd imagine Hamill) but unless that's in the high hundreds, I don't think we'll be getting rid of them apart from if they are mince.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

How many players are likely to agree mutual termination, in the last month of the transfer window during a recession? Only ones that have a chance of a decent move elsewhere, which with the loss of Innes, I total at 0.

The new poster's correct, the sums do not add up. McDougall and Rankine bullshitted the SFL on Thursday into saving First Division football when they patently cannot afford to do so while breaking even. That is the situation as it stands.

Edited by vikingTON

Clyde were in a similar position, and have had to slash the playing budget... but recently reported that they still envisage running at a loss next season. Now OK, Livingston will have higher crowds due to being in the First Division: but they've a higher wage bill and may be relegation dead-certs.

Perhaps a luck-of-the-draw tie v an OF club in the Scottish Cup is their only way of breaking even?

I believe Livi are safe as a first division club and expect they will somehow avoid a points deduction.

I just hope everything is "finally" decided on Wednesday!

Not that I am fed up with this thread. It is great and brought fans from loads of clubs together! :)

It's just that I don't get any fecking work done! :P

First post (Gulp!)

I have been following this thread as best I could over the last 2 weeks but one thing is still not clear to me. The new regime at Livingston have said that they will spend only what they earn but they will inherit player contracts which require bigger wages to be paid than most first division clubs. Admittedly, I'm guessing but these in total will likely exceed income. How exactly will the new board deal with this? Release all their players on high wages leaving them open to breach of contract? or If they go into administration does this give them the chance to rip up existing player contracts and make the players free agents? If the latter is correct do they then not risk being unable to fulfill fixtures?

I know I'm missing something but I'm sure someone will put me right.

I for one will be looking for answers to these type of questions & proof that what is promised is carried out, After years (it didn't just start with Massone) of the brush off when asked uncomfortable questions it is only natural that most of us will be suspicious until it is proven otherwise, this is something the board will have to accept.

How many players are likely to agree mutual termination, in the last month of the transfer window during a recession? Only ones that have a chance of a decent move elsewhere, which with the loss of Innes, I total at 0.

The new poster's correct, the sums do not add up. McDougall and Rankine bullshitted the SFL on Thursday into saving First Division football when they patently cannot afford to do so while breaking even. That is the situation as it stands.

Maybe some of them will do what Dunfermline playrs did 5 years ago and agree to a cut in wages. They know the score re the finances at the club and they also know that the football world is awash with players who have no club. To be honest a lot of our squad are our under 19 players who were never on high wages. McPake, Mckay, Innes and Sparky probably were on half decent wages the rest will probably not be hard to deal with.

Maybe some of them will do what Dunfermline playrs did 5 years ago and agree to a cut in wages. They know the score re the finances at the club and they also know that the football world is awash with players who have no club. To be honest a lot of our squad are our under 19 players who were never on high wages. McPake, Mckay, Innes and Sparky probably were on half decent wages the rest will probably not be hard to deal with.

I'm not so sure they will.

I'm guessing most of them are at least contracted to the end of this coming season, so yeah they'll know that it won't be easy finding a club when they're released, so they will probably be even less likely to accept a wage cut knowing that they may struggle in a year or so's time.

Much will also depend on what Rankine/McDougall plan to do with creditors. If you know your owner has enough money to pay off the Council and HMRC (think that was rumoured to be part of this takeover proposal), then you're less likely to gratefully accept a cut.

Any idea how many of them are on 1 year or 2 year deals?