Livingston - all the threads merged

The decision isn't disgusting. The attitude of certain people on here is. So you can come off your fucking high horse because as I have stated many times I actually agree with you. There is no defence for the way the club has been run.

At the end of the day loyalty will only get you so far in the situation we are now in.

Under the proposed CVA, as far as I can gather, there was around £500,000 to pay creditors, with the football debt being cleared 100%. No one in their right mind will pay £500,000 for a Third Division team. Someone might pay considerably less, but will the creditors accept?

OK, my unreserved apologies if I misunderstood your response. However I will take issue with you regarding moral high horses spat. The depths to which LFC have sunk in terms of fiscal morality would tend to make them think everyone else is on a moral high horse even when they are not. Other than that, my apology stands.

Edited by Guest

all other 3rd division teams will be paying part time wages cause they are living within there means and will be a good starting point for Livi.

If it was as simple as that I wouldn't be worried.

I'd be very surprised that the SFA have made this decision without taking account of the possibility of an appeal.

I'd suspect that the consortium have been told off the record, if they appeal, and fail, the punishment will be harsher, ie expulsion from the SFL.

Livingston could appeal. As far as I can see there is no timescale for this. To be seen to be acting reasonably, however, they would have to submit this immediately and it would be have to heard at an Emergency meeting prior to Saturday. The SFL have wide discretionary powers and have acted within these. An appeal would be fruitless, looked upon as them acting vexatiously and could, as you say, run the risk of a harsher punishment.

I'd be very surprised that the SFA have made this decision without taking account of the possibility of an appeal.

I'd suspect that the consortium have been told off the record, if they appeal, and fail, the punishment will be harsher, ie expulsion from the SFL.

The SFA had nothing to do with this decision, you need to sort out your acronyms!

The only good thing about the SFL's rules being so vague and hazy is that the chances of an appeal succeeding are very slim. Who will fund any appeal? I wouldn't have thought that it is the Interim Manager's position to do this as I would have thought that it has nothing to do with him and I can't see the numpties who bought the club throwing away any more money.

Edited by SNECKSTAGGIE

just happy to survive!!!!!

Itake my hat of to you and maybe some of your fellow fans should take notice of what you have just said.

This time last week a lot of them were saying they would just be happy to have a club to support EOS league or whatever.

Don't think there is really any scope for an appeal succeeding. As far as I can see the SFL have applied the same ruling to Livingston as they initially applied to Gretna before they snuffed it.

If the new owners are serious about taking Livingston forward and wiping the slate clean then they should take their medicine and revise the business plan to return to first division football within the next 2 years.

It's hard not to feel sorry for the Livi fans, it isn't their fault, but at the end of the day this is not the first time Livingston have been in this mess and they league management has to serve notice that financial mis-management won't be tolerated as it is neither fair on the other clubs in the league or to the creditors who are being screwed over.

At least Livingston still have a place in the league. If their fans are real fans they'll go and watch the club regardless of which division they are in and if the side was good enough to play in the first division it should walk the third.

If there is an appeal the leagues cannot start.

Firstly to the appeal situation: Livingston have 2 routes of appeal, footballing and in the courts.

Appeal to the SFL - is possible, but needs to be ratified or rejected by a Special GM of clubs (at which Annan will have no vote btw), and my understanding is that a Special GM takes 14 days to be called. I presume the SFL clubs could meet earlier, but it's been a stick point before.

Livingston have 10 days to lodge an appeal against the sanction, alongwith a bond of £500.00.

Under rule 76.3 of the SFL rules (see link), there is no right of appeal of Management Committee decisions regarding rules 28, 31, 32 or 70. In this case the rule is 76.2 but the league can surely make alterations to fixtures (28), promotion / relegation (31 and 32), and club registration (70) which would further hamper an attempted appeal. But they do have a right to appeal today's sanction, provided they do so within 10 days and lodge that £500 appeal bond when doing so.

Appeal to the SFA - is possible, but would take time. The SFA is sovereign over all football here - and in non-league football, does quite often rule on points deductions/re-awarding cups/taking decisions where dispute has occurred etc. But this would be a confusing and frought approach.

Appeal to the courts - can presumably bring the whole SFL to a standstill in fixture terms, but I'm unsure about the timescales of this, or the practicalities of the club launching such an bid?

The decision isn't disgusting. The attitude of certain people on here is. So you can come off your fucking high horse because as I have stated many times I actually agree with you. There is no defence for the way the club has been run.

At the end of the day loyalty will only get you so far in the situation we are now in.

Under the proposed CVA, as far as I can gather, there was around £500,000 to pay creditors, with the football debt being cleared 100%. No one in their right mind will pay £500,000 for a Third Division team. Someone might pay considerably less, but will the creditors accept?

Alternatively, the club could totally rebudget, based on 3rd division football, and pay back its creditors in full without the need for a CVA.

Some of the Livi guys on here said they would rather be relegated than have a large points deduction in the 1st and suffer a long, slow relegation season. Is that still the case?

I suppose they were thinking of relegation to the 2nd Division rather than straight down to the 3rd.