Livingston - all the threads merged

Can't help but think that the SFL fixtures for this weekend will be moved to a midweek later in the season and week 2 will become the start, giving clubs another week to prepare for the changes to their schedule.

That causes problems for some clubs who have already taken/paid hard cash for hospitality etc.

Can't help but think that the SFL fixtures for this weekend will be moved to a midweek later in the season and week 2 will become the start, giving clubs another week to prepare for the changes to their schedule.

Well that'll keep the Raith fans happy...

Livingston official website still confidently stating that they're playing QoS on the 15th...

In fairness they are also pleading;

"We encourage all our supporters to buy season tickets for the forthcoming campaign. Information on pricing and how to buy these can be found by clicking here.

Surely nobody was daft enough to buy a season ticket for Livingston this season. Surely ?

* looks towards MCL *

Better no be :angry: Im all set and ready to go.

Better no be :angry: Im all set and ready to go.

Putting off the game helps no-one but Livi (moreso the administrator, Rankine and McDougall...) and disadvantages clubs and fans. The games should go ahead - and in the unlikely event that Livi overturn today's punishment, the affected games can be annulled and new games played...

Edited by HibeeJibee

Well that'll keep the Raith fans happy...

Yup, the SFL somehow cannot accomodate Raith playing at home on the opening Saturday but can re-arrange three(possibly only two) teams full fixture list in 3 days.

In all honesty I think Saturday's fixtures will go ahead with the possible exception of East Stirling having a free week.

Edited by unthinkable

I must say the decision wasn't one I expected in all honesty. As I said in an earlier post, I expected a heavy points deduction, but I didn't think they would relegate them three days before the start of the season.

It's a bugger for Airdrie, who instead of hosting Arbroath at home, now have to travel to Dingwall and face Ross County.

If anything has come of this whole sorry affair, it should be that the SFL should have proper rules in place in the event of a club going into administration instead of dealing with a club "as they see fit".

To relegate a team three days before the start of the season is completely farcical and again highlights the deficiencies a governing body in Scottish football has. This decision should have, at least, been taken after the meeting between Rankine, McDougall and McGruther and the SFL last week.

Nothing to stop Livvy closing down now then setting up another club. The club could be based from Almodvale and apply for any vacant spot next year.

If they did, they would have the best facilities out of any other team that could apply. in theory there could be a Livingston Athletic FC which would be a 100% debt free company ready for action.

There is an element of risk there that the league wouldn't let them in of course.

I think I would have rather Livi to get a points deduction at this stage rather than relegation to the 3rd or even the 2nd. I am glad it's been shown that they can't carry on the way they have and also it's a warning to other teams not to let it happen or suffer the consequences.

I wish there would have been a way for this to have happened even earlier than last week, or if they weren't "saved" last week and ended up going bust, then the 1st div would play a 9 team league for 2009/10. Which is still my preference as I didn't want Airdrie to get back into the 1st Div. I am just thinking of the play offs and how we work so hard to win that and what it felt like that day to win promotion. Just a no win situation for anyone.

If Livi do now go bust, could Airdrie and Cowdenbeath go back down????? If they can promote teams as easy can they relegate them too!???

Are you going by train?

:lol:

Yup, the SFL somehow cannot accomodate Raith playing at home on the opening Saturday but can re-arrange three(possibly only two) teams full fixture list in 3 days.

In all honesty I think Saturday's fixtures will go ahead with the possible exception of East Stirling having a free week.

:rolleyes:

Moving the opening day fixture was to accomodate a request from Rovers.

Nothing to stop Livvy closing down now then setting up another club. The club could be based from Almodvale and apply for any vacant spot next year.

If they did, they would have the best facilities out of any other team that could apply. in theory there could be a Livingston Athletic FC which would be a 100% debt free company ready for action.

There is an element of risk there that the league wouldn't let them in of course.

Well the last time it happened, Airdrie United came riding out of the sunset to step in when their Airdrieonians forebears went bust... and Airdrie United lost the vote to Gretna FC. My hunch will be that (with potentially 2-3 decent applicants for any vacancy), the same can easily happen again.

Edited by HibeeJibee

If Livi do now go bust, could Airdrie and Cowdenbeath go back down????? If they can promote teams as easy can they relegate them too!???

If Livi go bust then the 3rd division would play with 9 teams and the SFL would have less costly job of re-imbursing the 9 clubs in that league.

They would not move Airdrie & Cowden back down and leave the 1st with 9 teams.

I think they would suffer the same fate as Airdrieonians if they pulled that stunt.