Livingston - all the threads merged

i agree with most of what your saying but to describe it as a bugger for airdrie having to go to county is a bit much.obviously everyone hates going to dingwall but on this occasion if i was an airdrie fan i'd be pissing myself with glee.they've just been relegated not once but twice yet get to stay in div 1 again.jammy feckers i say.

What I mean is the fact that now they have to arrange buses and appropriate travel rather than get the Excelsior ready for Arbroath visiting.

It wasn't anything against Ross County.

If Livingston appeal and lose they should be expelled from the league. On what grounds would they have a case in front of the Court of Session anyway? The SFL seems to have kept a fully open book to be thrown at them and there's no illegalities that I can see - well, apart from all those at that wretched football club.

Don't talk utter shit all your life! Why should a club be expelled for losing a decision they appealed? Because you don't like them?

You've been peppering the Killie fans with the same "cheats" nonsense about their financial troubles - time you grew up!

Have to admit I'm now of the opinion that Livi should tell them to stick it, let Div 3 struggle with a 9 man league and a month's worth of fallow weekends they can ill afford, and watch as Airdrie go bust mid-season from one more year's worth of being at the tail end of Division 1 too many.

You seem very bitter and clearly have little understanding of Airdrie's financial situation. Airdrie, unlike Livingston, have been living within their means for quite some time. That might help to explain why they got 'relegated' last season.

Don't talk utter shit all your life! Why should a club be expelled for losing a decision they appealed? Because you don't like them?

You've been peppering the Killie fans with the same "cheats" nonsense about their financial troubles - time you grew up!

hello, hello, u r a derry boy

Was speaking to someoneinvolved at Albion Rovers and they were disgusted by the players and some of their 100 fans attitude on Saturday, calling their place a shithole, he spent the whole night on the phone to lower league chairman, putting the boot in and canvassing for support to have them relegated, so you can thank your players and your moron fans behaviour on Saturday for pushing the button, and them to the list Flynn, Keane, Massone etc

They've been bringing the game into disrepute for the last God-knows how many months and any appeal that postpones fixtures would be another chapter in this. There is no chance of an appeal being successful, the SFA will wash their hands of the business, the SFL want them out of the way and they have little to no grounds with which to try the Court of Session.

They should accept their punishment or face the consequences of throwing their last, second-hand toys out of the pram.

Who appointed you official arbiter of maturity? I note you were mentioning Airdrie going bust earlier, that puts a rather hypocritical swerve on your little game of condescension?

Now piss off to the Third Division/EoS League and leave us financially viable First Division clubs to run our own business.

The reason for you not starting with a home game was explained time and time again

Yes yes the league has a set sequence blah, blah but that rigid policy does kind of look laughable when they can promote/relegate clubs with less than three days notice.

But nothing suprises me with Scottish Football anymore, if there is a difficult way of doing things we go that extra mile to acheive it.

What an absolute joke of themselves the SFL have made.

Ok... Livingston are hardly in a great position but with only a few days to go before the start of the season the League should have just assumed we had already played a game in this season.

Hence a points deduction is the only sensible and sane sanction!!

What kind of precedent are the league setting! They could ask all member clubs to find that kind of money at 3 days notice and I bet not one club could stump up the cash.

I reckon in the future the league will not continue with this precedent when they realise in the cold light of day how much they have shafted one club and caused a total mess for all other clubs.

Why are division 1 clubs more important than division 3 clubs? One member one vote. We can't risk division 1 clubs losing out on fixtures, but division 3? Pah... we don't care about them.

What a total farce of an organisation the SFL are. Making up the rules as they go along... as per usual.

Well done Piehutt in being about the only Morton fan on P&B of late to have posted anything remotely mature in content - a fortnight's worth of "nyah-nyah-nyah, hope Livi go bust!" from those who easily forget how close Morton went to the wall thanks to the circus that was the Cappielow boardroom has not been remotely edifying.

The Gretna business set the precendent, yes...but passing such a ruling three days before kick-off? You would do that in a Saturday Morning Amateur League, let alone the second tier of Scottish Professional football!

At a stroke they have not only messed up one club's season, they have screwed up three divisons and probably placed a death sentence on Airdrie in the process - no way will they survive a third season of languishing at the nether regions of Division 1.

Those currently w**king themselves off with delight at events will have plenty of time to rue this day later when their own club suffers the fallout. :(

Was speaking to someoneinvolved at Albion Rovers and they were disgusted by the players and some of their 100 fans attitude on Saturday, calling their place a shithole, he spent the whole night on the phone to lower league chairman, putting the boot in and canvassing for support to have them relegated, so you can thank your players and your moron fans behaviour on Saturday for pushing the button, and them to the list Flynn, Keane, Massone etc

I spoke with a good friend of mine who attended that game (a Rovers supporter) and he said something very similar. Despite being very pleased with the victory, it left a sour taste in his mouth. However, to be fair they did take more than 100 fans to Cliftonhill.

Well done Piehutt in being about the only Morton fan on P&B of late to have posted anything remotely mature in content - a fortnight's worth of "nyah-nyah-nyah, hope Livi go bust!" from those who easily forget how close Morton went to the wall thanks to the circus that was the Cappielow boardroom has not been remotely edifying.

The Gretna business set the precendent, yes...but passing such a ruling three days before kick-off? You would do that in a Saturday Morning Amateur League, let alone the second tier of Scottish Professional football!

At a stroke they have not only messed up one club's season, they have screwed up three divisons and probably placed a death sentence on Airdrie in the process - no way will they survive a third season of languishing at the nether regions of Division 1.

Those currently w**king themselves off with delight at events will have plenty of time to rue this day later when their own club suffers the fallout. :(

Really? What were certain Livi fans doing in those dark days? That's right, they were waving fiver notes down Sinclair street on matchday.

As I've said before, karma is a fucking bitch.

Why are division 1 clubs more important than division 3 clubs? One member one vote. We can't risk division 1 clubs losing out on fixtures, but division 3? Pah... we don't care about them.

It's not one member, one vote.

Dont hold your breath. <_<

Pointed out by someone on the Morton forum -

As a result of administration and near-death, we ended up in the 3rd division (through having to rebuild rather than SFL action) and yet we are back in the 1st and looking in a far better state than we did in the years leading up to and including Hugh Scott's "regime".

Why could Livi not start from the 3rd and come back up through the ranks in the same way?

Livi fans did indeed wave fivers at us when we were going down the tubes.

So too did Ayr, St. Mirren and Partick fans, except that they then dropped theirs in the "Save the Ton" buckets.

Airdrie were in the seond division two seasons ago we finished second lost play off final to clyde and got promoted when gretna went bust. we will make more money bottom of the first than we would being top of the second.

Pointed out by someone on the Morton forum -

As a result of administration and near-death, we ended up in the 3rd division (through having to rebuild rather than SFL action) and yet we are back in the 1st and looking in a far better state than we did in the years leading up to and including Hugh Scott's "regime".

Why could Livi not start from the 3rd and come back up through the ranks in the same way?

Livi fans did indeed wave fivers at us when we were going down the tubes.

So too did Ayr, St. Mirren and Partick fans, except that they then dropped theirs in the "Save the Ton" buckets.

Am I right in saying you now have an external backer though?