Livingston - all the threads merged

Do Airdrie United (ridiculous name for Clydebank) have a right to refuse their "invite" into the 1st Division? Just wondering ... before anyone goes all soft on them for their poor treatment

Yes,but they declined to refuse,afraid yer stuck with them :(

Hope they don't finish above you :huh:

Some of these posts are unbelievable! :barf

The way some of you are gloating is quite repulsive and perverse considering the overall state of Scottish football and the likelyhood of this repeating itself in the not too distant future. Your provincial, narrow minded, short visioned tripe spewing from your keyboards reminds me we, as livi fans, now have NOTHING to be ashamed of. NO-ONE to apologise to, no one to ask to be kind and not harsh. GIRUY. Why the harshest penalty possible, because only then did it secure promotion for two other clubs. Cynical? That word doesn't even cover it. One trouser leg up, get licking those frogs boys!

What a scene today in the meeting eh? The Airdrie chairman chairing the meeting that will see his club get promoted, Black, red faced and passionate, rallying the old gaurd. What a conspiracy of wanks! The SFL that is bigger than the rest of us and been around 100 years pish is easy to spout when it suits you. 5 minutes ago they were hell spawn and utterly redundant in your opinions! Plus the members effectively said, NO to the SFL policy of allowing Livi to continue. "oh but mumsy wumsy, now livi will have an unfair advantage in the lower leagues and might just bounce back up!" FFS !! Admit it, you just don't like to see other teams succeed because you are tight, mean and cynical MTF.

Pathetic, what a bunch of miserable misers (mostly). I hope the boot is on the other foot sometime, and oh boy, I don't think we'll have long to wait.....

To those amongst you who have been gracious and supportive of us, I apologise for my tirade.

Everyone else, ask yourselves how you would feel in our position and get a grip.

The way some of you are gloating is quite repulsive and perverse considering the overall state of Scottish football and the likelyhood of this repeating itself in the not too distant future. Your provincial, narrow minded, short visioned tripe spewing from your keyboards reminds me we, as livi fans, now have NOTHING to be ashamed of. NO-ONE to apologise to, no one to ask to be kind and not harsh. GIRUY. Why the harshest penalty possible, because only then did it secure promotion for two other clubs. Cynical? That word doesn't even cover it. One trouser leg up, get licking those frogs boys!

What a scene today in the meeting eh? The Airdrie chairman chairing the meeting that will see his club get promoted, Black, red faced and passionate, rallying the old gaurd. What a conspiracy of wanks! The SFL that is bigger than the rest of us and been around 100 years pish is easy to spout when it suits you. 5 minutes ago they were hell spawn and utterly redundant in your opinions! Plus the members effectively said, NO to the SFL policy of allowing Livi to continue. "oh but mumsy wumsy, now livi will have an unfair advantage in the lower leagues and might just bounce back up!" FFS !! Admit it, you just don't like to see other teams succeed because you are tight, mean and cynical MTF.

Pathetic, what a bunch of miserable misers (mostly). I hope the boot is on the other foot sometime, and oh boy, I don't think we'll have long to wait.....

To those amongst you who have been gracious and supportive of us, I apologise for my tirade.

Everyone else, ask yourselves how you would feel in our position and get a grip.

You think he's angry ? you should hear some of the creditors.

That's it, just keep blaming everyone else. It was never dear 'old' Livi's fault. What might this unfair advantage be that you refer to? Would that be where you put people on the dole because you have pissed their money away on effectively cheating your way up the leagues?

You really are pathetic. Good riddance!

I hate to see clubs struggle and risk losing everything, but then, Livi are not a club as far as I am concerned. Bring back Meadowbank I say. At least they served a purpose.

P.S. If my club were in this position, I would take the lenient punishment and accept it, because it would be well and truly deserved. You, like some of the other Livi whingers, still think it is somehow unfair and it is still someone else's fault. Are you going to offer to pay the creditors the money they are owed?

Edited by PELE

I was looking forward to challenging for the title with Forfar and East Stirlingshire, something we could win. Now we are in a league we are ill prepared for at almost no notice, thanks to Livi. The only bonus is that we have much shorter trips in the 2nd division and greater revenue ( I wonder how this affects wages ).

You also start the season on -12 points as you no longer have 4 games against Ayr to look forward to.

Oh dear!

Since the bit in bold is clearly you paraphrasing what I posted I'll thank you to also note that at no point in any post on this thread have I ever said they were hell spawn or utterly redundant. Indeed as I've already said several times on this thread, I have a lot of sympathy for the SFL who haven't really been able to do a lot prior to last week and have since got it in the neck for not acting quickly enough.

As I've also already said, so far as I am aware Jim Ballantyne declined to have any involvement in today's meeting or decision and didn't chair it.

Self righteous git.

Were you thinking of the other clubs when Livvy finished 3rd in the SPL and were rubbing the success in the face of other more deserving teams' fans?

If they had spent within their means then this would have not have happened.

It's only Livingston's fault. No one else's.

Thank you karma. :)

The way some of you are gloating is quite repulsive and perverse

you bought your LC win and 3rd place finish with money you didn't have.

You cheated and Dundee were relegated

You thought it was ok to play at a stadium you didn't own and pay f**k all rent.

A wee jag in the paw will put you out of your misery.

That's it, just keep blaming everyone else. It was never dear 'old' Livi's fault. What might this unfair advantage be that you refer to? Would that be where you put people on the dole because you have pissed their money away on effectively cheating your way up the leagues?

You really are pathetic. Good riddance!

I hate to see clubs struggle and risk losing everything, but then, Livi are not a club as far as I am concerned. Bring back Meadowbank I say. At least they served a purpose.

Clearly you have an unbiased opinion on this as well. Shame you didn't get promoted on merit, too shit presumably. The fans who are left holding the shitty end of the stick are not the same people who 'did all those bad things to us mummy' boohoo.

You seriously mixed up if you think I'm blaming anyone other than the chairmen of our fooball clubs who seem to be as unnacountable as the posts on these forums.

I'll stick by my club, hopefully we'll get through this, and if things turn our way again it will be through honest endeavour, not sneaky playground bullying.

No fear, no apologies, only lions pride. GIRUY Pele, right up.

Open your eyes ffs! Livi deserved what they got, to enter administration not once but twice in 14 years of existence is nothing short of shambolic. If Livingston go out of business, the good fuckin riddance, they have lived outwith their means for years. In almost any other trade they would be allowed to go to the wall, but as it's football it's "help us, we've got ourselves in a mess again, and we're not going to change our ways, so someone else please clean up our mess so we can do it all over again". Yes i feel a bit sorry for the supporters, but this can't be allowed to happen again and again and again, and to the SFL, thank you for actually growing a pair and doing what needed to be done.

Hopefully this will stop the mileson/massone types from messing with Scottish football, it always ends in tears.

It's a sad day, but it had to happen.

Larry, this isn't a go at you personally, but it's been said on this thread by several Livingston fans that relegation means that Airdrie and Cowdenbeath would be among those to suffer because they aren't prepared to compete in a higher league....yet you and one or two others keep going on about how they will have voted in self interest for promotion.....which is it? Will they suffer, or will they benefit? If they benefit then it negates the "other teams will suffer" argument and, in effect, only serves to strengthen the argument that the SFL made the right decision. If the answer is that they will suffer, then how can you go about decrying guys who are more likely to have voted in your favour as they wouldn't want their club to suffer.

As I keep on stressing, I do not want to see Livingston, or any club, go to the wall....but Livingston have absolutley no argument against whatever sanction they were going to get today. Letting the club stay in a league they have no right to be in (they spent beyond their means to get/stay there) simply because it may be a little inconvenient to relegate them (or indeed expel them altogether) is not the right way to go, and if hte SFL had allowed that they you can be even more certain that we would be seeing more of it in the future.

As it is, the SFL have sent the message and the whole of Scottish Football....fans, shareholders, clubs, staff, players, directors and the associations will have to sit up and take notice if they don't want to suffer the same fate. If they can't learn that lesson and they do end up in the same situation then they, like you, have nobody to blame but themselves.

By the admission of Livingston 5 and the Livingston fans you would struggle to afford to put a Div 1 quality team out on the park this season and would very likely be the league whipping boys...or be tempted to pay players you still can't afford in order to compete. It therefore makes a lot of sense to send you back to a league where you can put out a competitive team and have you build from there....anything else is letting you have your cake and eat it and you can't seriously have expected that to happen...surely???

And a few years ago when Dundee were relegated after Livingston had cheated, the livi fans didn't gloat or mock ? And you certainly didn't carry on laughing for years afterwards,surely or turn up at dens with Kachoul Banners did you?

Oh you did ?

Well tough luck , your club is a bunch of cheats who've now been rumbled.

Well Boo Hoo.

F off to the 3rd division, there are very few people who'll do anything other than laugh long and loud at you.

Cheats never prosper.

Self righteous git.

Were you thinking of the other clubs when Livvy finished 3rd in the SPL and were rubbing the success in the face of other more deserving teams' fans?

If they had spent within their means then this would have not have happened.

It's only Livingston's fault. No one else's.

Thank you karma. :)

We as fans had zero control of the club and were at the mercy of several loose cannons. Now we are finally rid of them our fellow scots and football fans turn and say EXACTLY THE SAME SHIT OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

The fans of livi have a lot to answer for, but you lot are last in the list. I'm not being self righteous, look at the awful posts leading up to my outburst. Penis. Do you think all livi fans will lie down for some reason?

You clearly have not read most of the mosts on this thread. Most fans here did not want to put the boot in but wanted some sort of justice. Most of us - if you read the posts - did not expect relegation but a points deduction - something some of your fans here thought would and should happen.

But given the blackmail by your new owners is there any surprise that some turned round and said GIRFUY?

Don't blame fans or other clubs - blame the morons who ran your club into the ground and the fly-by-nighters who tried to take over.

I don't say that lightly - I know it's hard to do - my own club still has fans who think that the Marrs were not to blame!!

I just hope now that the new investors don't walk away and leave you up s**t creek without a paddle.

You also start the season on -12 points as you no longer have 4 games against Ayr to look forward to.

I think the tide would have turned by now and you would have got some revenge. Although, you never know ( and won't for a good few years at least ).

Clearly you have an unbiased opinion on this as well. Shame you didn't get promoted on merit, too shit presumably. The fans who are left holding the shitty end of the stick are not the same people who 'did all those bad things to us mummy' boohoo.

You seriously mixed up if you think I'm blaming anyone other than the chairmen of our fooball clubs who seem to be as unnacountable as the posts on these forums.

I'll stick by my club, hopefully we'll get through this, and if things turn our way again it will be through honest endeavour, not sneaky playground bullying.

No fear, no apologies, only lions pride. GIRUY Pele, right up.

I want to watch your drummer executed live on Reporting Scotland if your club should (I hope not) fold.

Your club finds itself where it belongs for its actions IMO.

I'm certainly not gloating but at the end of the day I'm happy that the SFL has seen fit to punish your club for a history of cheating and dishonesty that is unparallelled in Scottish football history. As for you having no need to feel shame I really doubt that you did anyway.

You are free to continue playing in the leagues albeit at a lower level and if there was any sincerity in your new saviours then I expect they will relish the opportunity to rebuild your club on a firm foundation.

I will spare a thought for the politicians of WLC whose carefully hatched plans have probably blown up in their faces leaving the local taxpayers well and truly out of pocket. Hopefully folk will remember when casting their votes.