Livingston - all the threads merged

Profound? Not sure you'd let anything influence your opinions to the extent you'd find anything profound. I'm not whining, YOU ARE, that's why I made my first post; even once we get our lumps and everyone says 'ok lads, we've got to take our lumps', the mob comes along and says, "haha, you've had to take you lumps". Give over.

I hope you enjoyed your hate figure for this evening, I thank you and good night !!

Re-read your first post, moron.

I've never treated other clubs in scotland with anything other than respect.

Larry the Lyin' more like...

"What a scene today in the meeting eh? The Airdrie chairman chairing the meeting that will see his club get promoted, Black, red faced and passionate, rallying the old gaurd. What a conspiracy of wanks!"

Seems a lack of respect for another club right there...

Everything was just dandy in Liviland last week when it seemed you would escape with a slap on the wrists. Now, when the punishment is more severe than originally anticipated, your show your true colours.

You never learn, though, do you? On July 13 you were still looking for a sugar daddy to bail your team out.

"I've got my ticket and I won't think it was right to do ANYTHING to get rid of AM if we disappear without a trace. If we have a white knight or some other unlikely turn of fortunes, I'll be the first to say thanks in my own shallow way" (July 13, 5:53pm).

Even as late as July 22 you were holding out hope that a savior would come in, spunking cash into the Livi coffers.

"everyone's heads are still up their own *****, no change I'm afraid. Just keep holding on for the ultimate solution, our white knight will arrive in timely fashion to snatch the jaws of victory from the snatch of defeat, or something.... " (July 22, 6:52pm).

This is what got you into this mess in the first place. And the second place. And the third...

I think the SFL misjudged the feelings of its own members a week ago, got it wrong, and in conjunction with the gun to the head tactics of Messrs Rankine and McDougall who clearly thought they were invincible this week, reacted with a knee jerk response to fix the position.

If Rankine/McDougall had spent this week saying "how glad they were" to have been given any opportunity to save the club / or had the SFL Management Committee sat down last week and given them 15 points fine + transfer embargo... then I don't think today would have happened.

As it was, both parties totally misjudged events - and the furore from clubs and fans (and don't ever believe that people in power don't listen to radio phone-ins, or read newspapers, or look at websites like this) forced them into today's judgement. I think it's too severe, but it's done now.

Or they can appeal. If that's to the SFL then it'll probably be heard very quickly but it will fail. There's little chance of the SFL finding it's own decision incompetent and there's little doubt the committee did not, under the rules, act ultra vires (outwith its authority). So what possible grounds are there to appeal to the SFL? None.

An appeal to the SFL would be entirely pointless. It would be heard by 28 clubs... unanimously annoyed and irrated by it. I'm struggling to think of what grounds the appeal would actually be.

I would assume any appeal will be to the SFA on the grounds of severity. Again I can't see it succeeding. An appeal made by Hamilton to the SFA on the same grounds after the League Management Committee docked them 15 points in 2000 failed on the basis that the committee was competent to make the decision, albeit that appeal failed by a 3-2 vote. I'd expect any appeal to the SFA to fail also but it would undoubtedly take time/

The SFA have no power to stop things until the appeal is heard (i.e. the first point at which they can say "SFL stop holding games" is when they convene to hear they appeal). Further, the SFA would not do anything more than pass the matter back to the SFL for second consideration - which we know will result in defeat. Only if the procedures regulations and rules have not been kept to would the SFA normally overturn an appeal themselves. The SFL are not that stupid ;) .

Like Hibee Jibee I can't see any reason particularly that the games involved, apart potentially from Livi's own, should be postponed in the meantime. I don't see what in particular is lost by playing them even if they were later annulled, the only problem being the issue of bookings / red cards plus any injuries suffered.

Exactly, the only people benefitting from a hold up is Livingston. They deserve no assistance if they appeal, because any such appeal is quite clearly frivolous. They cannot win any appeal in the world if football. And they should be given no quarter if they take this into the law courts.

I can't really see what Livi have to gain by any appeal unless their saviours really have some backscratching mates in the appropriate places in the SFA.

The appeals committee of the SFA is Donnie McIntyre (SFL), Derrick Brown :huh: (Fifeshire FA but an SFL stalwart...), Steven Brown (Forfarshire FA - ditto), Colin Holden (South of Scotland FL), Finlay Noble (Highland FL), Eric Riley (Glasgow FA and Celtic) and Martin Ritchie (Stirlingshire FA and Falkirk). I cannot see those individuals or organisations being inclined to be madly lenient...

Edited by HibeeJibee

Livi tonight, but soon, probably very soon, one of you gloating cunts will wake up and discover your team are the new boys in the shitter. Who's it gonna be??? Fukknows, but it WILL happen, and when your going out of your head because some twat has fucked yer club up and there was never anything you could have done to stop it, think back to tonight. Although you won't have to think too hard as the rest of the fucking vultures will rip you to shreds anyway.

Livi as a club have got everthing that was coming to them and frankly, (IF they survive) are lucky not to have been thrown out completely but now this Pandoras box is opened and no-one can ever close it. As for the SFL M.C., they don't come out of this episode with a lot of credit. I have NO truckle with their decision. I think it is the correct course of action, but their timing is a fucking shambles. Why was this decision not taken as soon as the court appointed McGruther?? At that point EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE knew that they were so deep in the shit that they were drowning..For that mistake, the SFL M.C. should hang their head in shame.

So to you guys whos' clubs are on a shoogily peg, beware, because it just might be your turn very soon...

Edited by The ghost of Jim Morton

Don't worry, I was only looking for the right to support my team and move forward with a clean slate and an equal footing. I guess in scotland that sort of thing take decades to undo, being the characters we are. Please stop saying i am here to get sympathy, I only posted because I was sick of the slagging, the livi fans will support each other now.

The decision has been made, was it fair?, in light of the continual overspending and playing an ineligble player that helped get my team relegated, probably yes.

Do I have sympathy for the genuine fans, yes.

Do I sympathy for those who have spent the last week laughing at and cajoling those that felt you had got of too lightly, definately not, especially the guy who answered everyone with a 'Whatever' , a smiley and a GIRFUY.

I doubt that "the livi fans will support each other now", they seem to have spent the last few months fighting amongst themselves.

On the livi lions forum your fans are saying that you could not survive playing in front of crowds of around 300-400, if that means around 80% of the current fanbase are going to now desert the team then you do not deserve to survive.

As for the SFL, they don't come out of this episode with a lot of credit. I have NO truckle with their decision. I think it is the correct course of action, but their timing is a fucking shambles. Why was this decision not taken as soon as the court appointed McGruther?? At that point EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE knew that they were so deep in the shit that they were drowning..For that mistake, the SFL should hang their head in shame.

The SFL Management Committee: who clearly got a kick up the ars* from disaffected clubs IMO...

Edited by HibeeJibee

Not us, not you.

Hopefully Killie and Well.

Were the fucking lucky ones...Thank God for Tesco/Asda ;)

Hearts, Hamilton, Dunfermline, Stranraer, Stirling Albion, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, Clyde ..All pretty skint and all trying to balance the books or in some cases stay afloat...ICT and Partick need to get promoted .. East Fife have been over spending for a couple of years now with no sucess. Morton will be fucked if their SUGAR DADDY decides enough is enough or god forbid dies..Dundee who are fine just now could end up in the same boat.. Gr£tna proved that a rich investor is not always the best thing in the long term and things can go from rosy to FUCKED very quickly

Edited by The ghost of Jim Morton

Livi tonight, but soon, probably very soon, one of you gloating cunts will wake up and discover your team are the new boys in the shitter. Who's it gonna be??? Fukknows, but it WILL happen, and when your going out of your head because some twat has fucked yer club up and there was never anything you could have done to stop it, think back to tonight. Although you won't have to think too hard as the rest of the fucking vultures will rip you to shreds anyway.

Livi as a club have got everthing that was coming to them and frankly, (IF they survive) are lucky not to have been thrown out completely but now this Pandoras box is opened and no-one can ever close it. As for the SFL, they don't come out of this episode with a lot of credit. I have NO truckle with their decision. I think it is the correct course of action, but their timing is a fucking shambles. Why was this decision not taken as soon as the court appointed McGruther?? At that point EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE knew that they were so deep in the shit that they were drowning..For that mistake, the SFL should hang their head in shame.

So to you guys whos' clubs are on a shoogily peg, beware, because it just might be your turn very soon...

Ghostie, I think that had the consortium, who were to take over the club, been a bit more humble instead of issuing threats and ultimatums then todays decision would not have been taken.

I really doubt whether the SFL could have come to this decision any earlier, in my opinion the consortium and WLC were well aware of the timing of how things have unfolded.

Last week everything seemed to be going to plan then we got the demands and threats from Rankine & Co, the SFL, allready facing criticism from all sides, appear to have been given one demand too many and come up with f**k you Livi.

Edited by Motown Blue

Morton will be fucked if their SUGAR DADDY decides enough is enough or god forbid dies..

I reckon if Dougie dies, Crawford will either stick around, or he'll sell up but I can't see any of the two of them simply walking.

Earlier today I was trying to think about the purpose of the punishment that is handed out by the SFL when clubs break the rules by entering administration. I was under the impression that the idea is that clubs shouldn't be allowed to spend outwith their means as it disadvantages other clubs who have done the right thing and matched expenditure with income i.e if last season we had built a team that we could afford to pay for then we would likely have finished bottom and Airdrie would have stayed up. Therefore we should be punished for disadvanting Airdrie etc. If we are talking about justice though then surely the punishment should fit the crime? If we had spent within our means last season the worst we would have faced is finishing bottom and being relegated to the second division. Surely then the right punishment would have been to relagate us to Div 2? Would be quite happy to accept that. In fact i would be happy to accept todays punishment as well - provided I knew for sure that the club could survive it. I really don't know if we will.

It makes me sick to my stomach thinking about the creditors and staff members who have lost out on money they were owed. As things stood yesterday the plan was to try and reach an agreement to settle those debts as far as possible through a CVA. Thats still the plan but is anyone on here naive enough to think that the creditors won't lose out on todays decison? The offer that will be made now won't be nearly as good as the one on the cars when we had 1st Div gates to count on. Yes the club caused this situation through poor financial management and deserves to be punished for that but surely getting these people a least a fraction of what they are owed should come before vengance? A 10/20/30 point penalty would have ensured relegation to the 2nd div which would be just (see above) and allowed us to try and repay some debt allowing a better deal for the creditors. Todays decison leaves the league a shambles with teams prepared for one divison ending up in another and the creditors worse off.

The gutter is that the man who caused this has walked away with £50k in his pocket and we are the ones left trying to pick up the pieces and deal with the consequences of his gross mismanagement.

[

At the Falkirk game tonight, the barometer of "how much people care" was pretty starkly demonstrated. Kudos to the band of 200ish who made the 30 minute trip to TFS. A good few kids brought along for free. A band of a dozen standing and sporadically singing. Great stuff. However, from a "loyal fan base" of 1,000 and given how adversity tends to pull supporters along for a bit of emotional release, it was a disappointing turn out given it was a real watershed day. It kind of dragged it back to the questionable commitment of those not present tonight. The new found patriotism of the 400 or so who went to Cliftonhill certainly seemed to have diminished markedly on what was in some respects, an important night.

The gutter is that the man who caused this has walked away with £50k in his pocket and we are the ones left trying to pick up the pieces and deal with the consequences of his gross mismanagement.

This is not just Massone's fault. Please try, try, try to understand that Livingston have been shown to be a financial basket case since the blessed Keane's demise. This is a story 14 years in the making, not just 14 months

LiviChic - in fairness, this is about a lot more than whether or not your over-spending resulted in you avoiding relegation to 1 tier below. Today is the culmination of years of issues transcending simple translation into league positions or seasons. I think the penalty is harsh, but others wont.

I'm still not sure this spells the end for Livi... If McDougall and Rankine really do have the club at heart (or the property potentials...), then they may not cut and run if they books can be balanced.

Edited by HibeeJibee