Livingston - all the threads merged

Radio Scotland are reporting that Livingston will indeed appeal to the SFA, and this weekend's game won't go ahead.

Scandalous if true. Unless MacDougall & Co think they've got enough allies in the SFA to win an appeal via 'persuasion' rather than 'right' (which would be outrageous), why go ahead with it...?

I still don't see what the appeal is about either... It can only be on severity: Livi were in breach of rules, and the SFL clubs today upheld the sanction given out by the Management Committee. The SFA has to my knowledge never, in recent times, over-ruled a sovereign member body's decision on a punishment of a club, where the sovereign member body had not breached it's own rules...

This is madness from Livingston. They were in insolvency practionership: SFL was allowed to act.

If Livingston FC were a rabid, manged dog... they'd have been put down by now - out of dignity.

Edited by HibeeJibee

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ton/8199728.stm

Livi continue to fight relegation

Livingston will turn to the Scottish FA after their appeal against demotion to Division Three was rejected by the Scottish Football League.

And, for the second week running, the club are to refuse to fulfil their scheduled Third Division tie.

Livingston, now in the hands of a new consortium, were thrown out of Division One by the SFL management committee after going into administration.

And SFL member clubs voted to uphold that decision by a majority of six.

Livi, who finished seventh in Division One last season, refused to play their scheduled Third Division fixture last weekend and are due to host Montrose on Saturday.

However, the Livingston 5 Ltd group, who completed their purchase of the West Lothian club on Thursday, believe playing would prejudice their case to remain in Division One.

The SFL's management committee took the decision to drop Livi into the bottom tier after a breach of their insolvency regulations.

Following Livingston's appeal, the matter resulted in a 16-10 vote to stick with the original judgement.

Four clubs were not allowed to vote; Annan Athletic as they are only associate members, Livingston, Airdrie United and Cowdenbeath as they all had pecuniary interest in the outcome.

Airdrie have already played their opening Division One game after being saved from relegation by the decision to demote Livingston, while Cowdenbeath were promoted to Division Two.

Livingston are now in the hands of a group, headed by former director Ged Nixon, Neil Rankine, ex-chairman of Dumbarton and Gordon McDougall, former owner of Cowdenbeath.

Chairman McDougall told BBC Scotland: "We have no fears about playing in the Third Division, it's how we came to get there that we're not happy about.

"We are football people and we want to enjoy the game. The appeal is about the course of events that have led us to be relegated."

An administrator had been running the club's affairs since being appointed by the Court of Session on 24 June, following a petition by Livingston Council for non-payment of rent on Almondvale Stadium.

The new owners plan to run the club full-time no matter what division they end up in but could be hampered by a large points deduction.

The SFL will consider their refusal to fulfil fixtures in a separate case and is likely to mete out a severe penalty.

Guest Forza-Livi
:lol:

Perhaps we should have donated the Lee Griffiths money to the local adult literacy class. You may have benefitted.

i have a life mate and would prob be better giving it to the dundee support for a wash and some new clothes ya smelly tinks,yous cant really slag when yous cant even speak english lol.

The new owners plan to run the club full-time no matter what division they end up ....

Have they said that? So all that pish about turning over a new leaf and they will be living within their income now is out the window already?

Sportsound opening gambit tonight...

"There is only one big story in football tonight and that is.......( wait for it).........

the state of our national team..... :lol:

Not a fucking word on the Livi debacle.... Brilliant. Even radio scotland are bored of it now :D

Good job Rangers haven't realesed a third kit this week......

It now seems certain that Livingston WILL appeal to the SFA... and in fact, McDougall would not be drawn in the BBC website interview on whether or not they'd look to take it to UEFA or the Courts.

Can any Livingston fans explain for me:

* what are Livi appealling about? The Livi 5 people keep talking about the "change of tune..." from the SFL, or the demotion being unfair. Can someone explain to me why the SFA, UEFA, or a court of law, are going to find in Livi's favour? And if they do, what are they doing to order done...? Livi broke the SFL rules, and were punished under the SFL rules. SFA and/or courts don't change that.

* why are Livingston refusing to play any games while they try to have their appeal over-turned?

* do Livingston fans think this disruptive and futile approach from the club is justified, in particular bearing in mind the adverse affect it is going to have on fans of many clubs? Where does it end?

Edited by HibeeJibee

i have a life mate and would prob be better giving it to the dundee support for a wash and some new clothes ya smelly tinks,yous cant really slag when yous cant even speak english lol.

You must be an alias. No one in reality can be this unfunny, or indeed stupid.

It is now official; Livi will appeal to the SFA.

http://www.livingstonfc.co.uk/news_130809_3.php

"This has been agreed by the board in the interest of causing the least possible disruption to fixtures".

:huh: So does that mean they are playing Montrose - or are they taking the p*ss? SFA can hardly convence tomorrow (or even next week...?) to hear an appeal. When will all this shambles end?

Edited by HibeeJibee

It is now official; Livi will appeal to the SFA.

http://www.livingstonfc.co.uk/news_130809_3.php

the club has this afternoon instructed its solicitors to intimate to the solicitors of the SFL that it wishes to appeal to the Scottish Football Association

Intimate: to indicate or make known indirectly; hint; imply; suggest.

They'll need to sort that one out.

Edited by Millfield Marksman

Get a grip Livi 5. Scottish Football is sick and tired of you wrecking the season for everyone else. Just play the game. According to some posts on LiviLions your support just want football played even in the third division. Nobody cares. Don't turn even more sections of Scottish Football against you. I hope you get docked heavily for not playing games. Do everyone a favour and stop being twisted. You lost, end of, boo hoo.

Btw, who were the 4 clubs who voted AGAINST the interpretation that Livi had broken any rules...?

Or more relevantly... why did they think that was the case? It's a matter of physical fact that Livi broke the rules. Are these clubs which are scared of entering a form of 'insolvency practionership' themselves, and were trying to put a line in the sand over it in the hope it doesn't apply to them if they go belly-up in future? I can understand 16-10 on the punishment: 22-4 on the crime is crazy!!

Edited by HibeeJibee

It now seems certain that Livingston WILL appeal to the SFA... and in fact, McDougall would not be drawn in the BBC website interview on whether or not they'd look to take it to UEFA or the Courts.

Can any Livingston fans explain for me:

* what are Livi appealling about? The Livi 5 people keep talking about the "change of tune..." from the SFL, or the demotion being unfair. Can someone explain to me why the SFA, UEFA, or a court of law, are going to find in Livi's favour? And if they do, what are they doing to order done...? Livi broke the SFL rules, and were punished under the SFL rules. SFA and/or courts don't change that.

* why are Livingston refusing to play any games while they try to have their appeal over-turned?

* do Livingston fans think this disruptive and futile approach from the club is justified, in particular bearing in mind the adverse affect it is going to have on fans of many clubs? Where does it end?

I can't answer the first one as I have not got a clue as to the reasons for this, as I understood they said that whatever the decision was they would accept this & take it no further, yet this is not the way it has turned out.

I have asked why the games cannot be played whilst pending appeal to SFA on Livilions but as yet no answer, so unsure of that one.

I don't know how the rest of the fans feel, I can only speak for myself & I'm absolutely livid at this carry on, I think it has went too far & I'm seriously thinking of calling it quits if the decision to not play remains. :(

This is an absolute disgrace.

The SFA have no authority to overturn a punishment made by one of its member organisations and quite rightly too: it would make a mockery of having the SPL and SFL separate from the SFA in the first place (OK, people may argue we should have them merged, but that's bye the bye; they are separate just now and that's what counts).

I do think the time may have come for the SFL to take decisive action and just expel Livingston for scratching the fixture. It would put this to be once and for all, and (more importantly) clubs and fans will know exactly what the situation is with regards to games being on.

This is an absolute disgrace.

The SFA have no authority to overturn a punishment made by one of its member organisations and quite rightly too: it would make a mockery of having the SPL and SFL separate from the SFA in the first place (OK, people may argue we should have them merged, but that's bye the bye; they are separate just now and that's what counts).

Again though SCM, Livi5 must believe they can win. But to win would be to effectively say that the SFA can step in and order a member body to do something despite that member body not having breached any rules. :huh: Livi5 must think they can win: I fail to see how they can?

I do think the time may have come for the SFL to take decisive action and just expel Livingston for scratching the fixture. It would put this to be once and for all, and (more importantly) clubs and fans will know exactly what the situation is with regards to games being on.

Expelling them now would result in further trouble (possibly in court); the death of the club; the loss of revenue for Third Division teams; and months of mayhem. If Livingston FC fail to turn-up for the Montrose game (or for their game against us in 9 days times), gigantic points fines IMO.