Livingston - all the threads merged

I can't answer the first one as I have not got a clue as to the reasons for this, as I understood they said that whatever the decision was they would accept this & take it no further, yet this is not the way it has turned out.

I have asked why the games cannot be played whilst pending appeal to SFA on Livilions but as yet no answer, so unsure of that one.

I don't know how the rest of the fans feel, I can only speak for myself & I'm absolutely livid at this carry on, I think it has went too far & I'm seriously thinking of calling it quits if the decision to not play remains. :(

There will always be a place in Kelty for you. B)

Good on Mr McDougall. Quite right not to play on saturday or any saturday until this farce is sorted out in a proper and correct manner.

It has been sorted. The SFL, in accordance with their rules, have upheld (22-4) that Livi were in breach of SFL rules. The SFL has also upheld (16-10) the punishment of demotion to Div 3. SFA, to uphold Livi's appeal, has to break all past precedent - and sail into uncharted waters to over-rule one of their members (whose 30 clubs make up 40% of its membership). It is unbelievable...

Do the Livingston fans back this 'kamikaze appeal gauntlet'... or are they being ignored? Again...

Edited by HibeeJibee

Again though SCM, Livi5 must believe they can win. But to win would be to effectively say that the SFA can step in and order a member body to do something despite that member body not having breached any rules. :huh: Livi5 must think they can win: I fail to see how they can?

They thought they could win today and didn't, so that's probably an indication of the mindset of these people.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA You would think that these fecking muppets would be happy they still have a team to support but no, they are no longer of the life support machine then they want to fight the ones who allowed them another chance.

HURRY UP AND DIE LIVI then we can get another fresh team into the SFL next season.

Livi should be thrown out the SFL for being twisted and refusal to play games. They don't deserve any sympathy. They couldn't give a toss when they cheat (let's face it - you have) so why should we all give a toss for yet another appeal for something that just isn't going to happen. Great advert for the scottish game. I feel sorry for the supporters of Livi now (can't believe I just said that :lol: :lol:) Well done SFL.

Livi should be thrown out the SFL for being twisted and refusal to play games. They don't deserve any sympathy. They couldn't give a toss when they cheat (let's face it - you have) so why should we all give a toss for yet another appeal for something that just isn't going to happen. Great advert for the scottish game. I feel sorry for the supporters of Livi now (can't believe I just said that :lol: :lol:) Well done SFL.

Read Livi Lions. Your sorrow will soon evaporate :lol:

They thought they could win today and didn't, so that's probably an indication of the mindset of these people.

Don't for one moment believe that McDougall and the (silent...) Rankine don't have a handle on what they are doing. These men are experienced in Scottish football. In any scenario of conflict one group must be right and one wrong, of course, but these men clearly believe they can win.

Personally, I'm just sick of it all. Livi broke the rules -> Livi were punished -> Livi appealed the punishment (causing massive disruption by scratching) -> the SFL clubs upheld the punishment with 2/3 in favour. Livingston then run off to the SFA, with apparently no reasonable grounds on which to appeal either their being found guilty, or being punished...? It all just makes no sense!!

Meanwhile, other clubs lose games / fans go without matches / our games image gets tarnished.

Edited by HibeeJibee

It now seems certain that Livingston WILL appeal to the SFA... and in fact, McDougall would not be drawn in the BBC website interview on whether or not they'd look to take it to UEFA or the Courts.

Can any Livingston fans explain for me:

* what are Livi appealling about? The Livi 5 people keep talking about the "change of tune..." from the SFL, or the demotion being unfair. Can someone explain to me why the SFA, UEFA, or a court of law, are going to find in Livi's favour? And if they do, what are they doing to order done...? Livi broke the SFL rules, and were punished under the SFL rules. SFA and/or courts don't change that.

* why are Livingston refusing to play any games while they try to have their appeal over-turned?

* do Livingston fans think this disruptive and futile approach from the club is justified, in particular bearing in mind the adverse affect it is going to have on fans of many clubs? Where does it end?

Not a Livi fans but an outside view

1) Any appeal I assume is based on the fact their was significant correspondence between the consortium and the SFL in which a rescue package was agreed based on 1st division football. The SFL then seem to have back tracked on this. Also fairness as they may well argue its a grossly unfair punishment

2) They feel it damages their appeals, also add in cost as they will need to proceed with a first division team and costs whether the results stand. At least this way thhey dont incur first division costs for third division games whilst they appeal. Being in the third division points deductions for non fulfilment wont mean much either.

3) If it was my club I would be quite happy for us to screw the rest over in every and any way possible. Why exactly did the SFL waste time on a rescue package etc for Livi to then relegate them anyway.

I still think Livi if they push this all the way will at the least get a bit of retribution against people.

i have a life mate and would prob be better giving it to the dundee support for a wash and some new clothes ya smelly tinks,yous cant really slag when yous cant even speak english lol.

Nelson%20Muntz.gif                                         

1) Any appeal I assume is based on the fact their was significant correspondence between the consortium and the SFL in which a rescue package was agreed based on 1st division football. The SFL then seem to have back tracked on this. Also fairness as they may well argue its a grossly unfair punishment

Well OK... but correspondance doesn't = MC or SGM vote ... & SFL, not SFA, are judge on fairness.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Don't for one moment believe that McDougall and the (silent...) Rankine don't have a handle on what they are doing. These men are experienced in Scottish football. In any scenario of conflict one group must be right and one wrong, of course, but these men clearly believe they can win.

Personally, I'm just sick of it all. Livi broke the rules -> Livi were punished -> Livi appealed the punishment (causing massive disruption by scratching) -> the SFL clubs upheld the punishment with 2/3 in favour. Livingston then run off to the SFA, with apparently no reasonable grounds on which to appeal either their being found guilty, or being punished...? It all just makes no sense!!

Meanwhile, other clubs lose games / fans go without matches / our games image gets tarnished.

You would think that with the other clubs in the SFL voting against Livi they would get the hint eh? The vote proves that the SFL made the right decision in the first place and that they run the the show NOT Livi and and the few. That's what you get for being arrogant Livi. Grow up.

Expelling them now would result in further trouble (possibly in court); the death of the club; the loss of revenue for Third Division teams; and months of mayhem. If Livingston FC fail to turn-up for the Montrose game (or for their game against us in 9 days times), gigantic points fines IMO.

We're into the second week of mayhem already. How long in theory could this last if they are bloody minded enough to take this beyond the SFA, however hopeless their case may be to everyone else.

The SFL should now be in the process (within appropriate timescales) of convening whatever Special/Extraordinary meeting is required to decide the punishment for failure to fulfil fixtures, otherwise this will still be going at Christmas.

On a slightly connected note, having gone to Hills for my coupon today, there's no Livi v Montrose on it.

2) They feel it damages their appeals, also add in cost as they will need to proceed with a first division team and costs whether the results stand. At least this way thhey dont incur first division costs for third division games whilst they appeal. Being in the third division points deductions for non fulfilment wont mean much either.

3) If it was my club I would be quite happy for us to screw the rest over in every and any way possible. Why exactly did the SFL waste time on a rescue package etc for Livi to then relegate them anyway.

I still think Livi if they push this all the way will at the least get a bit of retribution against people.

So the players don't need paid while they appeal? :rolleyes:

I think you may have hit the nail square on the head there mate. Its the old "there were 6 of them attacked me but I managed to boot 2 of them in the stones before I went down " analogy.

Livi appeal

Now, I noticed this info from the bottom of the article:

The new owners plan to run the club full-time no matter what division they end up in but could be hampered by a large points deduction.

HAVE THESE IDIOTS LEARNED NOTHING?

A full-time club in the Third Division will inevitably lead to.....err......overspend....which will lead to.....ummm........debt.

Anybody getting flashes of Deja Vu yet? Unreal. The arrogance is astonishing. They want to stay in the First Division, refuse to accept the decision of the governing body and all the while are planning run up the debt again?

That's what you get for being arrogant Livi. Grow up.

what do we expect from the recently post-pubescent teenager, that is livi? it knows no other way to behave.

before my sanity is questioned (again) I know livi is a inanimate object , not a spotty laddie, but sometimes it's hard to tell the difference.

Edited by glensburgh

Coming from a guy whos club have a larger debt than some small countries, your opinions have NO CREDIBILITY..Just like Dundees Mr Brannan, your interest is wholly based on what might happen to your own club. Hearts sold their souls to an idiot not unlike Massone ( the only difference was that he had access to massive amounts of funds) Hearts will be in shite twice as deep as livi if Mad Vlad goes tits up which he just might..Then there is the possiblity of HMIR forcing you into administration and people calling for The Jambos to be relegated...

As for point 3. Your willingness to ruin it for everyone else comes as no surprise to me or I suspect any others on this forum.. Maybe in the future clubs like Hearts, Livi, Gr£tna and Dundee can run your own little association.. We won't miss you ....

The Fiscal Mismanagement football league.. You might even have a chance of winning it.. ;)

Edited by The ghost of Jim Morton