Livingston - all the threads merged

Sadly, Brewing, having a fan on the Board is only half the truth.

There were two.

One fan on board who many fans saw as their darling.

And a second who also worked for HMRC apparently and could have provided some simple advice, you would expect, on how to pay PAYE and NI obligations.

Edited to remove reference to advice on VAT obligations.

Edited by ObserverFromAfar

:lol:

Look at all these diddies and their pub teams on this thread tugging one out over all of this. Not a patch on our achievements over the last 15 years. Are all Scottish football fans outwith the lovely Livingston Football Club bitter fannies? :lol:

Buzzing for the Challenge Cup/league survival party. This forum will be in meltdown. :lol:

I personally feel sorry for Livingstons fans.

The only reason your club has achieved alot over 15 years is because the club has lived out with their means which has now put your clubs future in jeopardy.

But being brutally honest no football club should be facing administration for a third time so quickly and for that reason whilst unfortunate should be sent to League Two.Rangers Fc were treated this way so I see no reason why Livingston shouldnt.

There has to be a consistent approach to clubs who breach the rules.

Clubs run by fans is the way forward to prevent owners risking the fans club.

Edited by Cowden316

Sadly, Brewing, having a fan on the Board is only half the truth.

There were two.

One fan on board who many fans saw as their darling.

And a second who also worked for HMRC apparently and could have provided some simple advice, you would expect, on how to pay PAYE and NI obligations.

Are you sure? I find it very hard to believe that while all this was going on there were actually two fans on the board. I'm sure there's a Livingston supporter who can clarify this...

The only reason your club has achieved alot over 15 years is because the club has lived out with their means which has now put your clubs future in jeopardy.

But being brutally honest no football club should be facing administration for a third time so quickly and for that reason whilst unfortunate should be sent to League Two.Rangers Fc were treated this way so I see no reason why Livingston shouldnt.

Club: "Cowdenbeath".

Rangers were not sent anywhere. They were booted out the SPL and the new team 'Sevco' applied and were accepted in to the 3rd division (now league 2). Let's stop hearing this "...we were sent to the 3rd division as punishment..." crud that is spouted by the knuckledraggers.

Technically-speaking Gretna FC were also demoted, also to SFL3 - but of course they never actually made it to the season's start.

As you say Rangers were voted out of SPL membership, the issue caused by them having gone into liquidation. Regardless of the debate about them being the same club or a new club, an application was made to join SFL and was successful with the club admitted at the usual level, the bottom one. Rangers were never demoted.

EDIT: You could argue that Albion Rovers, Alloa, Arbroath, Ayr, Cowdenbeath and St Johnstone were 'demoted' in 1946... as they were in the 20-team top division for 1939-40 but found themself in the 16-team lower level for 1946-47. Morton and Queen's Park were specially 'promoted'.

Edited by HibeeJibee

That's because we're a pretty big deal, to be fair.

I'm not sure why anyone should be prepping some more crocodile tears for a club and it's so-called suffering fans, who wormed their way out of the last event and yet saw absolutely nothing wrong with their laughable spending to get back up the leagues, money that they blatantly did not have from their dwindling resources and complete lack of credit trust. They cheated their way back up with the full support of their disastrous Supporters' Trust, and when the inevitable happens the club should be kicked out of the entire pyramid. No deductions, not even demotion to the LL.

It does of course offer a textbook lesson in why Supporters' Trusts are absolutely crap bodies, normally run on the whims of the professional egotists within any fanbase, and whose views shouldn't be accorded any degree of significance for the running of a football club.

Shame to see what's going at at livi (my home town), been to see them loads since they moved here and was ball boy for the 1st 4 games they played, had so much potential at the beginning then the novelty wore of in the town and bad owners etc, fantastic wee stadium and with the right owners in place and try living within their means then it could be a decent wee club, sad that it's going this way, hope things work out for all u livi lions.

What is your thinking behind Nixon being likely to lose, Yoss?

It certainly seems like an act of a desperate man, to me but I don't suppose that's any reason why someone couldn't freeze a club's assets.

In respect of the substantive case, which I gather is to be heard next year, I don't know (though if I had to stake my life on Rankine or Nixon being right on a business dispute I'd go with Rankine just on the basis that Nixon seems to be a bit of an eejit). But in respect of the current hearing, I think the court would be very reluctant to freeze a company's working assets unless it was pretty clear that they were on a hiding to nothing come the eventual judgement.

I might be wrong, obviously, I have no sort of expertise here. I'd just be very surprised.

It does of course offer a textbook lesson in why Supporters' Trusts are absolutely crap bodies, normally run on the whims of the professional egotists within any fanbase, and whose views shouldn't be accorded any degree of significance for the running of a football club.

Not disagreeing that the Livi Trust seems to have been absolutely worthless here but I know that our club wouldn't run half the stuff it does if it weren't for the Trust. If you have sensible people running a trust it can be good thing.

Apart from the ones that aren't, obviously. There are a number of trust run clubs, mostly down south, and some of them are doing rather well.