Livingston - all the threads merged

Just now, ATLIS said:

Here's hoping we can get Penrice back next season, great player with a  lot of drive and seems to genuinely love the club

Was disappointed Partick called him back as he hasn’t been playing there. Could have benefited him a lot more staying with us until the end of the season 

1 minute ago, Livilion28 said:

I hope all players will stay. There was meant to be 3 or 4 players signing after Lithgow and nothing has happened. I just want this team to stay together. 

Think it's a case of waiting and seeing what budget we'll have. Difference between the Championship and Premiership is huge - players like Cadden probably won't cut it if we go up so best to wait and see. The likes of Lithgow Pittman and Byrne are absolutely ready for the step up

1 minute ago, Livilion28 said:

Was disappointed Partick called him back as he hasn’t been playing there. Could have benefited him a lot more staying with us until the end of the season 

Has only played two games since going back to Partick too

Just now, ATLIS said:

Think it's a case of waiting and seeing what budget we'll have. Difference between the Championship and Premiership is huge - players like Cadden probably won't cut it if we go up so best to wait and see. The likes of Lithgow Pittman and Byrne are absolutely ready for the step up

I get where you are coming from it would just be good to have a few more players signed up that’s all

Just now, Livilion28 said:

I think he loved his time here but maybe the decision was taken out of his hands 

I'm fairly certain he wants to come back next season :D He's local anyway - hard not to want to play for the team you saw growing up

1 hour ago, andylivi1 said:

Stupid question. 

Fwiw I was told that Pitts is very happy at the club, has bought a house in the area and is expecting his first child and is looking for stability which we can offer him.

Byrne is as dedicated a player as I’ve ever seen at the club, he’s been through a fairly tough time and the club stood by him, I think he will stick by the club. 

Lets just enjoy the rest of the season and the playoff games and see what happens after that. 

With Livingston not being run like an absolute basket case and being sustainable and all that I'd imagine the wages your paying could be quite low, possibly the lowest full-time wages in the division. Teams like Falkirk, United and Dunfermline could easily double, and potentially triple most of your key players wages without the need to travel that far. 

Just looking at your squad you can almost get the impression that you've signed players who have maybe had potential but not fulfilled it, or players with a bit of a negative history. Come to the club, have a fairly low wage but you'll get the chance to play and work yourself back up. It's a good philosophy that will continue to work if you have good recruitment. The drama is if those players do succeed as well as some have this season you'll have other clubs looking on, fancying a few. 

It will be interesting to see where Livingston are next season squad wise, there's obviously allot of harmony in the squad so maybe that will help. It is just a job at the end of the day though. 

12 hours ago, Grant228 said:

With Livingston not being run like an absolute basket case and being sustainable and all that I'd imagine the wages your paying could be quite low, possibly the lowest full-time wages in the division. Teams like Falkirk, United and Dunfermline could easily double, and potentially triple most of your key players wages without the need to travel that far. 

Just looking at your squad you can almost get the impression that you've signed players who have maybe had potential but not fulfilled it, or players with a bit of a negative history. Come to the club, have a fairly low wage but you'll get the chance to play and work yourself back up. It's a good philosophy that will continue to work if you have good recruitment. The drama is if those players do succeed as well as some have this season you'll have other clubs looking on, fancying a few. 

It will be interesting to see where Livingston are next season squad wise, there's obviously allot of harmony in the squad so maybe that will help. It is just a job at the end of the day though. 

Pretty much nailed it to be honest. I don't think its a case of probably but certainly the lowest paid full time side in the league.

A lot were really worried at the end of last season when we lost a number of key players including our leading goalscorer Buchannan who left to join Raith but fortunately, rather than break the payment structure, Hopkins when for players who, for whatever reason, weren't getting a chance to break through in their former/current club  but still had the potential to deliver.

If we can keep hold of most for next season (irrespective of what division that is) I'll be happy else I'm confident that Hopkins will find suitable replacements (provided he's still at the club that is).

My concern at the moment is the lack of talent coming through our youth system; we have some good prospects up front and attacking midfield but nothing defence wise. I notice a number of other clubs have been reigning back their youth system which is a shame but just recently we've been more successful getting players from lower or non-league clubs who already have some form or history. 

Dundee United looking at Shaun Byrne, according the Courier up there. Would easily double his wage here and then some, but I think he could do better given the current omnishambles they are.

I also wouldn’t be so certain of Pittman staying, people do realise that Livingston to Falkirk is a fairly easy commute? Again, he’d easily double his wage and given his new personal circumstances he’d probably be a bit daft to turn that down.

No doubt that if we’re in the Championship next season it’s a bit of a rebuilding job for Hopkin, we got “lucky” to a degree last summer as we flew under the radar in League 1 but a downside to our superb form this year will be far bigger teams sniffing about our better players. Still having a core of Alexander, Gallagher, Lithgow, Jacobs and Miller next season gives me a bit of confidence, and Hopkin’s transfer record so far has generally been good. This assumes that Hopkin is staying on, though.

I’m just looking forward to the play-offs and the potential #scenes they bring, easily our biggest games in well over a decade.

7 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Will Livi be able to hang on to Craig Halkett ? Is he under contract for next season. 

He’s not under contract. I would imagine there will be a lot of teams looking at him for next season. Been very good this season one of our top players 

12 hours ago, Afro said:

Dundee United looking at Shaun Byrne, according the Courier up there. Would easily double his wage here and then some, but I think he could do better given the current omnishambles they are.

I also wouldn’t be so certain of Pittman staying, people do realise that Livingston to Falkirk is a fairly easy commute? Again, he’d easily double his wage and given his new personal circumstances he’d probably be a bit daft to turn that down.

No doubt that if we’re in the Championship next season it’s a bit of a rebuilding job for Hopkin, we got “lucky” to a degree last summer as we flew under the radar in League 1 but a downside to our superb form this year will be far bigger teams sniffing about our better players. Still having a core of Alexander, Gallagher, Lithgow, Jacobs and Miller next season gives me a bit of confidence, and Hopkin’s transfer record so far has generally been good. This assumes that Hopkin is staying on, though.

I’m just looking forward to the play-offs and the potential #scenes they bring, easily our biggest games in well over a decade.

If we are going to lose our main players we will need to recruit very well for next season. Halkett is almost certain to go , Byrne in Dundee courier today where it says Dundee United and Barnsley are interested. Pittman has been linked with Partick thistle Falkirk. I hope they all continue to work as hard as they have this season. I hope we get a lot more players signed up soon

28 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Will Livi be able to hang on to Craig Halkett ? Is he under contract for next season. 

Think he'll be in the premiership next season regardless of what happens with the playoffs, hopefully he's playing in it in a Livi strip. 

45 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Think he'll be in the premiership next season regardless of what happens with the playoffs, hopefully he's playing in it in a Livi strip. 

I would not be surprised to see Jack Ross in for him if you guys don’t make it through the play offs. He’s been very impressive every time I’ve seen him.

On 23/04/2018 at 00:01, ATLIS said:

I'm fairly certain he wants to come back next season :D He's local anyway - hard not to want to play for the team you saw growing up

Not sure if you mean sign him on a permanent or a loan mate? Do you know he signed a new 2 year deal with Partick Thistle?  I expect us to get rid of a fair few players regardless of what division we are in - so penrice will likely get more of an opportunity though that’s not to say he wouldn’t be loaned out again to Livi 

2 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Not sure if you mean sign him on a permanent or a loan mate? Do you know he signed a new 2 year deal with Partick Thistle?  I expect us to get rid of a fair few players regardless of what division we are in - so penrice will likely get more of an opportunity though that’s not to say he wouldn’t be loaned out again to Livi 

Will very likely be a loan, but he's not played much + wants to be back here. Makes it pretty easy (hopefully) for both clubs to agree something

Wonder when our PoTY awards will be this season, can't really have them till the play offs are finished, so maybe the Saturday after the final just to be safe?

I still can't separate Halkett and Lithgow, we have a few awards with the fans and Livi FC doing them, so hopefully they both get one. Can't think of any Livi players for the YPoTY, but Hardie is of that age bracket and he's been outstanding since joining us in January, i'd vote for him getting it.  Penrice is the only other one I can think of young or deserving of winning it.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

40 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Wonder when our PoTY awards will be this season, can't really have them till the play offs are finished, so maybe the Saturday after the final just to be safe?

I still can't separate Halkett and Lithgow, we have a few awards with the fans and Livi FC doing them, so hopefully they both get one. Can't think of any Livi players for the YPoTY, but Hardie is of that age bracket and he's been outstanding since joining us in January, i'd vote for him getting it.  Penrice is the only other one I can think of young or deserving of winning it.

Just give it to Jack Hamilton :D