Livingston - all the threads merged

Think it's too late to reregister Mackin or Hamilton. Completely agree though, we may have left ourselves too short up top.

2. Jack McMillan - May 2019

4. Alan Lithgow - May 2020

8. Scott Pittman - May 2019

14. Keaghan Jacobs - May 2019

15. Dylan Mackin - May 2019

16. Matthew Knox - May 2019

18. Lee Miller - May 2019

23. Raffaele De Vita - May 2020

31. Declan Gallagher - May 2019

Is there anyone else signed for next season? That's a good base to build from.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Forgot about Jack playing for 2 sides already. Surely mackin is registered as a livi player as soon as his loan ends since he's contracted to us

He may be contracted to us however the loan deal is a contract that usually lasts until after any playoffs. Brechin could have ended up in the relegation playoffs therefore he would still be a Brechin player.

Ohright, thought because they were already Livi players we could have them playing for us at any time, usually there is the option to bring them back from a loan spell but seeing as their loan deal is over I didn't think it would be a problem,   

Nah a player can only play for 2 clubs during one season.

Jack has been at Penicuick and Berwick Rangers this season. Also his loan deal won't run out until after the playoffs.

ETA - That's why Tony Watt has not been able to sign for another club since January as he has already played for 2 clubs this season before being released.

Just now, Cptn Hooch said:

I'm really excited about seeing Hamilton play for livi but it's a huge step...mackin has shown he knows where the net is and has scored a few important goals for us already...we have goals throughout the team though so I wouldn't say we have a lack of options.

You missed de Vita too

Yeah Rafa  is another midfielder who can be played up front but a natural striker would be better, and we don't have any outside Miller and Hardie. It is more of a 3 up front to salvage our play offs than replacing one of our strkers, just as a back up if needed, like the goalie who comes up for corners.

Just now, LogieLivi said:

Nah a player can only play for 2 clubs during one season.

Jack has been at Penicuick and Berwick Rangers this season. Also his loan deal won't run out until after the playoffs.

ETA - That's why Tony Watt has not been able to sign for another club since January as he has already played for 2 clubs this season before being released.

Surely we had the option to call back loan players though, everyone has it, usually. Does playing outside of the SPFL count, his first team was a junior one? Hopefully we wont need it but always better to be prepared, and we're def lacking a third stiker for that scenario.

Surely we had the option to call back loan players though, everyone has it, usually. Does playing outside of the SPFL count, his first team was a junior one? Hopefully we wont need it but always better to be prepared, and we're def lacking a third stiker for that scenario.

I might be wrong however I'm sure you can only recall players now during the transfer window. The loan can be terminated by the loaning club but not the parent club.

Just now, LIVIFOREVER said:

I was going to say that, think it only counts for teams within the SPFL - Penicuik probably wouldn't come under that. Would be best for the club to at least check.

Anyone heard about prices for the playoffs at all either? 

8 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

15. Dylan Mackin - May 2019

16. Matthew Knox - May 2019

Fully expect those two to get punted and free up a wage. They'll likely tell Mackin to find another club if he wants to play and we'll take anything anyone will throw at us for Knox - hopefully spark a bidding war from some clubs interested. 

Saw a few players being released re: Taiwo, O'Ware and Stelios Demetriou - think any of those three may do a job for us once we figure out where we are squad wise and division wise

Yeah Rafa  is another midfielder who can be played up front but a natural striker would be better, and we don't have any outside Miller and Hardie. It is more of a 3 up front to salvage our play offs than replacing one of our strkers, just as a back up if needed, like the goalie who comes up for corners.

Rafa was a striker before he was a midfielder

Rafa was an excellent striker for us but I don't think now he offers anything different from Hardie and Miller. Could definitely do a job if one of them is injured.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Yeah Hamilton and Celtic got their loan players back early, esp Celtic, dunno what happened with Thompson, he was hardly here long enough to decide it wasn't working, but I think if either of them approached us wanting them back we'd have agreed to it, and that would be the case or our players out on loan too. Doubt a club wants bad blood with another club who has loaned them players, for future loan

Just now, Cptn Hooch said:

Rafa was a striker before he was a midfielder

So was McPake but you wouldn't have called him one after he went into defence. Rafa has been playing on the wing and the odd time up front, same as Robinson and Cadden. Frizzell is meant to be able to play there too but he's also a midfielder, i'd rather we had a big goal scoring striker as a back up though.

I can see it now, Jack Hamilton scores a last minute header to see us go up v Partick. 0-1 agg score over two legs - instant Livi hero,

Then for us to realise he wasn't allowed to play and it was an admin error on our part and as such forfeit the game :D 

Just now, ATLIS said:

I can see it now, Jack Hamilton scores a last minute header to see us go up v Partick. 0-1 agg score over two legs - instant Livi hero,

Then for us to realise he wasn't allowed to play and it was an admin error on our part and as such forfeit the game :D 

I don't think I could take that happening, i'd have to go into therapy to get over it.

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I don't think I could take that happening, i'd have to go into therapy to get over it.

Would be the most Livi thing to happen since the Crusader's game :D It's been a while since we've had a muck up

So was McPake but you wouldn't have called him one after he went into defence.

I wasn't saying he is still a striker but he still carries a goal threat like mcpake did...I see your point about not having another recognised striker as such but we have plenty of goal threats in the team.

Then for us to realise he wasn't allowed to play and it was an admin error on our part and as such forfeit the game [emoji3] 

Dinny....just....dinny