Livingston - all the threads merged

If Livvy can hit the heights of that 4-1 demolition of us,  they have what it takes physically to win promotion this season!

Well done , great result, and physically United were no match , hopefully you can see it through on Friday ????

36 minutes ago, Smokiejohn said:

Have watched last two televised Livingston games ... and I’m hooked ... gonna come along on Friday with my son ... where’s best section to sit etc ?

Brilliant stuff Smokie. If you and yer laddie want to be in with the standing/singing section then  C2 and C3 of the main stand (north end) are where you should go. Hope you enjoy the game if you make it.

Brilliant stuff Smokie. If you and yer laddie want to be in with the standing/singing section then  C2 and C3 of the main stand (north end) are where you should go. Hope you enjoy the game if you make it.

Thanks mozam76 , appreciate the info. Yeah ... we’re coming along and may join the standing / singing section . Being Queens Park fans we’ve not had much to sing about this season .

I may have missed this but a Raith fan I know has said that their new plastic pitch is "being installed by the same company doing Livingston's" and that they're doing that first since they are out of the play-offs With Livi due to start with a run of away games. Are you guys going plastic next season?

Just now, Salvo Montalbano said:

I may have missed this but a Raith fan I know has said that their new plastic pitch is "being installed by the same company doing Livingston's" and that they're doing that first since they are out of the play-offs With Livi due to start with a run of away games. Are you guys going plastic next season?

We've been going plastic for the last 2 seasons but it hit a snag with getting permission from the Council, the pitch had work done to it pre season though and it held up well over the winter, was pretty bad condition the season before with big divots all over the place. 

We play well on other teams 3G pitches though so I have no reservations about us changing to plastic, beat Falkirk 3 times on theirs, and was the same against Airdrie and Alloa last season, oh and won against QoS on theirs too this season.

Think the pros and cons of artificial surfaces were discussed to death on here last summer when it looked like it was happening. Hopefully means less games off in the winter, and could potentially free the land where the existing field turf is up for something else?

If we get promoted it would make even more sense though, wouldn't have to worry as much about trying to get games on during the winter, prob would cost us a fair whack getting some sort of pitch protection set up too, and as Afro said, the pros and cons have already been discussed.

I think the main reason was us looking to bring in some income outside of match days, hiring out the pitch during the week, or even when we're playing away from home,

Quite incredible the amount of players who have scored goals for us this season, 18 of them. Only regular player who hasn't scored a goal is big Dec. It would be great if he could score against Utd tonight.

Others yet to score are new arrivals who have been fringe players, Thompson, Buchanan & Frizzell. Can't really count our goalies or the younger players who were sent out on loan.

It was said that if we installed an artificial pitch we would be making 100K a year off of that, with that in mind it really is a no brainer for a club like us who are constantly looking for ways to make money. 

As long as it’s a decent standard like Falkirk and not the shit that Kilmarnock, QoS have then I’m happy.

7 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

It was said that if we installed an artificial pitch we would be making 100K a year off of that, with that in mind it really is a no brainer for a club like us who are constantly looking for ways to make money. 

As long as it’s a decent standard like Falkirk and not the shit that Kilmarnock, QoS have then I’m happy.

Yeah thats fair enough then. £100K a year be good for the club. Although that sounds like a lot of hires needed to make that much. I guess more junior teams could use it as a neutral ground for cup finals etc as well.

As far as I recall the a modern artificial pitch does require a significant amount of effort to maintain if used on a regular basis; it's not a free solution but, of course, the benefit of having less matches called off etc. could hopefully out-weigh that.

Thanks again for advice mate .... we loved it , what a night for you guys . Some atmosphere and performance .

2 hours ago, Smokiejohn said:

Thanks again for advice mate .... we loved it , what a night for you guys . Some atmosphere and performance .

More than welcome to join us all again on Thursday, same time, same place. 

Lets get the place rocking yet again.