Livingston - all the threads merged

1 minute ago, Snooky said:

He was certainly training with Livi on Saturday when I walked past.

Cheers.

You would like to think his future would be sorted sooner rather than later, for all concerned.

If no one pays the compo, will be strange seeing him back with us knowing he doesn't really want to be here!

11 minutes ago, madton said:

Cheers.

You would like to think his future would be sorted sooner rather than later, for all concerned.

If no one pays the compo, will be strange seeing him back with us knowing he doesn't really want to be here!

I guess it wouldn’t me he didn’t want to be there...just he would have preferred to take the step up to the league above if he had the chance.

im sure we have players that want to be with us but would prefer to be in the English Champ for example.

The comps point is a difficult one.  Livi are really strapped for cash and have tended to use loan players and free transfers for several years - any money we can get our hands on goes on wages and stadium upkeep etc.  Rumour has it we paid £50k development fee to Falkirk for Sibbald and I don’t think we have many £50 k’s for fees let alone bigger numbers (even if the player is worth more).

2 minutes ago, Snooky said:

I guess it wouldn’t me he didn’t want to be there...just he would have preferred to take the step up to the league above if he had the chance.

im sure we have players that want to be with us but would prefer to be in the English Champ for example.

The comps point is a difficult one.  Livi are really strapped for cash and have tended to use loan players and free transfers for several years - any money we can get our hands on goes on wages and stadium upkeep etc.  Rumour has it we paid £50k development fee to Falkirk for Sibbald and I don’t think we have many £50 k’s for fees let alone bigger numbers (even if the player is worth more).

Cheers for that 50k by the way. 

In all seriousness though, has Quitongo not stalled a bit from where he was, and if so, would he be worth the compo, which could be well over 50k? Is there an actusl figure, or is it still thrashed out between the clubs in question? 

3 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Cheers for that 50k by the way. 

In all seriousness though, has Quitongo not stalled a bit from where he was, and if so, would he be worth the compo, which could be well over 50k? Is there an actusl figure, or is it still thrashed out between the clubs in question? 

If something cannot be agreed between the clubs then it goes to tribunal and you are the whim of others. I cannot see Livi taking that gamble to be honest - they will either agree something with Morton or move on - we couldn’t afford to sign him and be hit with £250k or something!

Quitongo clearly has talent and pace. He has had more than his share of injuries which has stalled his development. Indeed he was sitting out some of the training with Keaghan Jacobs when I had a nosy a week or so ago. If we got him for free or nearly free then worth the gamble otherwise probably not.

16 minutes ago, Snooky said:

If something cannot be agreed between the clubs then it goes to tribunal and you are the whim of others. I cannot see Livi taking that gamble to be honest - they will either agree something with Morton or move on - we couldn’t afford to sign him and be hit with £250k or something!

Quitongo clearly has talent and pace. He has had more than his share of injuries which has stalled his development. Indeed he was sitting out some of the training with Keaghan Jacobs when I had a nosy a week or so ago. If we got him for free or nearly free then worth the gamble otherwise probably not.

Yeah, not worth the risk. I remember we got 250k from Bradford as they though there was no compo as it was an international transfer. :blink:

1 hour ago, Snooky said:

Is number 18 Steven Lawless? Looks like him and I’m sure he has been training with us.

Good shout I think, looks a bit like him and forgot he was supposedly training with us, still without a club too so could be. 

1 hour ago, madton said:

Cheers.

Not sure he's actually fit enough to play yet tbh. 

22 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Ooft, what is that sponsor? Bit of an eyesore

Those kits are what our youth teams wore last season, not very pretty with the sponsors. 

21 minutes ago, djs9750 said:

Could it be Sean Welsh who was at Falkirk last season?

I'm not sure whether to commiserate or congratulate you. There's clearly a player in there, or he wouldn't have played 5 seasons at Partick. But he barely kicked a ball last season in the worst falkirk team in living memory. So I dunno, he's maybe just training to stay fit at a club and filing a pre-season spot. Happens a fair bit, with coaches helping pals out and the like. Or he's maybe being lined up for a spot on the bench. 

43 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

I'm not sure whether to commiserate or congratulate you. There's clearly a player in there, or he wouldn't have played 5 seasons at Partick. But he barely kicked a ball last season in the worst falkirk team in living memory. So I dunno, he's maybe just training to stay fit at a club and filing a pre-season spot. Happens a fair bit, with coaches helping pals out and the like. Or he's maybe being lined up for a spot on the bench. 

Is he a centre mid? If so can't see us bringing anyone else in unless they're much better than what we have, we've already got Byrne, Pittman, Jacobs, Robinson and Sibbald fighting for a spot in there.

6 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Is he a centre mid? If so can't see us bringing anyone else in unless they're much better than what we have, we've already got Byrne, Pittman, Jacobs, Robinson and Sibbald fighting for a spot in there.

Yeah, he's a centre mid.

On 03/07/2018 at 21:59, Cptn Hooch said:
On 03/07/2018 at 21:44, LiviLion said:
5-1 win against Queens Park tonight, Robinson (2), Cadden (2), and Gallagher with the goals.

Any idea of the lineup?

Meant to post this a while ago but (according to Gallagher's missus on facebook) starting XI was this:

Kelly

Halkett   -   Gallagher   -   Lithgow

McMillan   -   Byrne   -   Pittman   -   Lamie

Cadden   -   Robinson   -   Sibbald

Not sure if it was actually a 3-4-3, possibly the usual 3-5-2 with Sibbald in the middle, Lamie and McMillan as wing backs, and Cadden & Robinson up front.

Edited by LiviLion