Livingston - all the threads merged

3 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Wonder if we'll be linked with Halliday now. "The out of favour Ibrox man could make a stunning return to Almondvale" to be the line when the rumour-inventors at the Daily Record run out of things to talk about, assuming he's still out of favour and shite.

Last season Halliday was on 7.5k per week. Way above what we could offer him. Our full midfields weekly wage is probably around 7/8k a week. Can’t see someone like him making the move. Would be good if we maybe looked else where for talet.. maybe in Europe or something. 

Ryan Hardie looks to be a good addition for Livingston, I recall he did well for you last season.  He scored a quite a few for you if I recall correctly, including the winner against United in the Alba tv game in Livingston unfortunately.  I had turned the game off by the point but I am sure I heard it was a good strike.  It will interesting to see how you get on next season especially with the change of manager.

Edited by CaspianChris

2 hours ago, CaspianChris said:

Ryan Hardie looks to be a good addition for Livingston, I recall he did well for you last season.  He scored a quite a few for you if I recall correctly, including the winner against United in the Alba tv game in Livingston unfortunately.  I had turned the game off by the point but I am sure I heard it was a good strike.  It will interesting to see how you get on next season especially with the change of manager.

Him and Lee Miller formed a good partnership. He got injured by Flood in the last league game against Utd, when i saw him wearing one of those leg boot things as he made his way into the stand in our first play off game my heart sunk, I thought we'd have struggled without him. Brilliant having him back on loan for another season.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

7 hours ago, LiviLion00 said:

Last season Halliday was on 7.5k per week. Way above what we could offer him. Our full midfields weekly wage is probably around 7/8k a week. Can’t see someone like him making the move. Would be good if we maybe looked else where for talet.. maybe in Europe or something. 

Didn't say we'd be in for him (or that I'd want him anywhere near us), but the story is there for any lazy journalists. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44674355

Good article there in the Record (sorry, I know), sounds like the board know what they are doing. Glad to see you installing a 3g pitch, not only is it a better surface all year, you can train on it, rent it out and use it for stuff like open air concerts. More importantly, it pisses all the other teams off, and forces them to rest their players with shite knees.

Is Ward always a grumpy bugger because if not, anyone else getting the impression that Miller may have been the Chairmans pick?

_102279444_ward_miller_martin_sns.jpg

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

Didn't say we'd be in for him (or that I'd want him anywhere near us), but the story is there for any lazy journalists. 

Where did I mention that’s what you said ? You said the name Halliday so I gave MY opinion on Halliday. Some people on this just jump on the defensive for no reason lol 

3 hours ago, LiviLion00 said:

Where did I mention that’s what you said ? You said the name Halliday so I gave MY opinion on Halliday. Some people on this just jump on the defensive for no reason lol 

I didn't say you did. You need to calm down a bit. 

27 minutes ago, B0baFatt said:

But they are happy with that as they play football the “proper” way...

I can tell we're going to get on like a house on fire. The likes of Falkirk and Partick Thistle can play football the proper way in the championship in front of massive crowds. We can console ourselves that we're better teams playing in a  higher division all the same.