Livingston - all the threads merged

29 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You used 21 players last night though granted that included two trialists! How many more squad members are there?

Really? There were only 19 names on the team sheet and two of those were trialists - did we bring on more subs that were not listed?

The obvious missing players are Hardie, DeVita and Jacobs who are all injured as is Matthew Knox.

Really? There were only 19 names on the team sheet and two of those were trialists - did we bring on more subs that were not listed?
The obvious missing players are Hardie, DeVita and Jacobs who are all injured as is Matthew Knox.
Aye those 2 (De Vita and Jacobs) were in the stand with 2 other boys. Don't know who they were though. Both looked young.

Is De Vita's injury a knee one? He had his legs up and took an eternity to shift when I walked past him. I didn't think he was being a dick, he just looked like it was a bit of a struggle [emoji38]

53 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You used 21 players last night though granted that included two trialists! How many more squad members are there?

We have 25 players listed on the website, which doesn't include Hardie. Wasn't aware of the Jacobs or Knox injuries.

Think that leaves 3 players who didn't play (if they are still contracted). Bit of an exaggeration on my part but admittedly there were only 19 players listed on the team sheet as has previously been said.

24 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Is De Vita's injury a knee one? He had his legs up and took an eternity to shift when I walked past him. I didn't think he was being a dick, he just looked like it was a bit of a struggle emoji38.png

Yeah and a pretty bad one at that - he's not expected back until the new year, I think.

Wasn't at the game v QoS last week and these are just friendly games but slightly concerned we couldn't beat QoS. I suspect all the changes killed the game??

I watched the highlights - our keeper looked a bit suspect for the equaliser. Anyone at the game have any thoughts?

10 minutes ago, Mpire said:

Wasn't at the game v QoS last week and these are just friendly games but slightly concerned we couldn't beat QoS. I suspect all the changes killed the game??

I watched the highlights - our keeper looked a bit suspect for the equaliser. Anyone at the game have any thoughts?

I didn’t  make the game on Friday but I have read a number of accounts from Livi and QotS fans - sounds like they were slightly the better team on the evening. We looked suspect defensively and didn’t create too much other than the two goals.

FWIW, I never get bothered about pre-season games - this is about building fitness and the new players getting used to their teammates and vice versa. We are also missing Hardie, Raffa and Keags who will make us stronger.

I know you're in the division above now but let's not get above your station. As far as I'm aware you've not added a whole host of new players since our last meeting so I'm not sure why you think beating us should have been a given considering you only managed it once last season.

FWIW we were back in the game before all the Livi changes and were the better side before that anyway.

17 minutes ago, Snooky said:

I didn’t  make the game on Friday but I have read a number of accounts from Livi and QotS fans - sounds like they were slightly the better team on the evening. We looked suspect defensively and didn’t create too much other than the two goals.

FWIW, I never get bothered about pre-season games - this is about building fitness and the new players getting used to their teammates and vice versa. We are also missing Hardie, Raffa and Keags who will make us stronger.

Good point about Hardie and Keags (shame Raffa is gonna be out for a while yet). Is Hardie still recovering? Sounds like if we'd had out first team out we'd have won. I'm most concerned about a keeper now. Kelly was never that great for us in league 1!!

23 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I know you're in the division above now but let's not get above your station. As far as I'm aware you've not added a whole host of new players since our last meeting so I'm not sure why you think beating us should have been a given considering you only managed it once last season.

FWIW we were back in the game before all the Livi changes and were the better side before that anyway.

Yep, we were too good for your league.  8) 

1 hour ago, Mpire said:

It's a pre-season game. Could have been pumped (or won) 5-0 and the result still wouldn't have mattered. All that matters is the players are getting back into the routine of playing and are fit by the time the league starts. 

Good point about Hardie and Keags (shame Raffa is gonna be out for a while yet). Is Hardie still recovering? Sounds like if we'd had out first team out we'd have won. I'm most concerned about a keeper now. Kelly was never that great for us in league 1!!
You're going to have a meltdown at some stage in the season, I'm calling it now.

Of the starting 11 the other night, what players are unlikely to feature regularly?

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

You're going to have a meltdown at some stage in the season, I'm calling it now.

Of the starting 11 the other night, what players are unlikely to feature regularly?

Missing 3 big players certainly won't have helped! But anyway, it was just a friendly. Good getting a warm up against an easier team.

Goalkeeper Ross Stewart linked with a move, wouldn't inspire confidence really but I suppose on our budget it'd be hard to bring in a good 'keeper with experience at this level while also strengthening other areas of the squad.

It is the Daily Record so take it with a pinch of salt.