Livingston - all the threads merged

1 minute ago, Livi said:

What baseless statement you have made. Been said for effect rather than have any substance to the point you made.

Stop moaning at others and have a word with yourself.

Puzzling response really. He's obviously been blindsided by it and he's gone on the defensive. He seems to have calmed down now, but I can't blame him for being emotional for being asked to step down from a position he's held for 35+ years. He would've been emotional had it been now or the end of the season, that's indisputable surely. 

For him to come out and say he was sacked when he'd been offered a lifetime season ticket in the directors area, a tribute in both the programme and on the website and to be offered an alternative job within the club is mental.  I'd say it was really good from the club, except for the timing. 

6 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Puzzling response really. He's obviously been blindsided by it and he's gone on the defensive. He seems to have calmed down now, but I can't blame him for being emotional for being asked to step down from a position he's held for 35+ years. He would've been emotional had it been now or the end of the season, that's indisputable surely. 

For him to come out and say he was sacked when he'd been offered a lifetime season ticket in the directors area, a tribute in both the programme and on the website and to be offered an alternative job within the club is mental.  I'd say it was really good from the club, except for the timing. 

He was passionate about something he done for 36yrs thats hardly the crime of the century.

Like many have said on here it could have been handled better. 

I saw from posts on another forum that sound was muffled still in some parts of the stadium on Sunday. That would tend to suggest there is a sound problem not a person problem that said we move on to the next chapter. 

Edited by Livi

Just now, Livi said:

He was passionate about something he done for 36yrs - thats hardly the crime of the century.

Like many have said on here it could have been handled better. 

I saw from posts on another forum that sound was muffled still in some parts of the stadium on Sunday. That would tend to suggest there is a sound problem not a person problem that said we move on to the next chapter. 

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it? I'm agreeing with you, anyone in the same position wouldn't want to give it up. I've grew up watching Livi and his voice over the tannoy has been the only one I've known - the only one any Livi fan has known! 

Genuinely you could be on to something but I'd imagine the acoustics of a stadium will be different with 3 empty stands vs 4 full ones too. Probably a lot that goes into it. 

45 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Yeah Ward is 100% a Celtic fan, as is McIlvogue. Which I find really funny as certain parts of the Celtic support have us down as a 'Rangers leaning' clue due to Martindale's past. We can't just be Livi, we have to pick a side :D 

Always the same with them, and the other erse cheek, they're as bad as one another at rolling out what Glasgow side you support when things don't go their way. You beat one and lose to the other and they accuse you of not trying as hard because you're a  (whatever). We had Dominic Keane and Pearse Flynn as owners, both Celtic fans, so we were wee Celtic. Davy Hay and then Paul Lambert as managers, followed by Richard Gough & Archie Knox taking over from Lambert, that's a mixed bag to confuse them.

Match officials get the same from them, they are so self absorbed they think that poor officiating  only happens to them, and it's because the ref supports the other erse cheek. 

It always bugs me that whenever I go out of Scotland (Wales; Northern Ireland or Southern/middle England) and say I'm from Scotland; I'm asked what team I support. When answered "Livingston" I'm met with a blank expression followed by "No; Rangers or Celtic?".

TBH its happened so often it doesn't even really bother me now.

2 minutes ago, Durnford said:

It always bugs me that whenever I go out of Scotland (Wales; Northern Ireland or Southern/middle England) and say I'm from Scotland; I'm asked what team I support. When answered "Livingston" I'm met with a blank expression followed by "No; Rangers or Celtic?".

TBH its happened so often it doesn't even really bother me now.

Aye but who's your big team. Image result for banging head off wall smiley

11 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Fair enough I suppose but the statement "Prior to this fixture, a visiting supporters group called “The Green Brigade”, via the Celtic SLO, requested a Tifo display in all three stands allocated to the Celtic support and to have a banner displayed along the front of the East Stand. The banner was to read “You Play for Us and We’ll Sing for You”. does sound decidedly gullible.

I mean "Green Brigade"? Is that the same "Green Brigade" that was banned from their own stadium for "inappropriate activities"? 

1 minute ago, Durnford said:

Fair enough I suppose but the statement "Prior to this fixture, a visiting supporters group called “The Green Brigade”, via the Celtic SLO, requested a Tifo display in all three stands allocated to the Celtic support and to have a banner displayed along the front of the East Stand. The banner was to read “You Play for Us and We’ll Sing for You”. does sound decidedly gullible.

I mean "Green Brigade"? Is that the same "Green Brigade" that was banned from their own stadium for "inappropriate activities"? 

You'd imagine that in any future circumstance we'll just deny Rangers or Celtic any banners or tifos without question. It's not like they'd do anything of consequence like reducing allocations or denying tickets to the GB.

12 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

You'd imagine that in any future circumstance we'll just deny Rangers or Celtic any banners or tifos without question.

Won't make much of a difference whether we say no or not. We said no this time and they did it anyway. The security at our home games has been incredibly poor at times and this just highlights the much needed improvements that are required or that we need to source a new security firm. 

We've got the reserve cup final at home.

The Scottish Professional Football League (SPFL) confirmed details for the 2023/24 cinch Reserve Cup Final.

Following agreement between both clubs, Livingston Reserves v Dunfermline Athletic Reserves will take place at the Tony Macaroni Arena on Tuesday 23 April, kick-off 7.00pm.

The details for the match were confirmed after Livingston Reserves defeated Ayr United Reserves 5-2 in the tournament’s semi-final on Tuesday 26 March. Dunfermline Athletic Reserves won 3-1 against Hamilton Academical Reserves on the same day in their semi-final. If the final ends in a draw after 90 minutes, penalty kicks will decide the outcome.

Almost 1,000 supporters watched Kilmarnock Reserves defeat Dunfermline Athletic Reserves at The BSSP Stadium, Rugby Park, in last season’s cinch Reserve Cup Final.

Admission is £6 for adults and £3 for over 65s, under 18s and students. Entry is free for U12s when the ticket is purchased with a full paying adult. The competing clubs will announce ticket sale information via their own channels in due course.

2 minutes ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

Won't make much of a difference whether we say no or not. We said no this time and they did it anyway. The security at our home games has been incredibly poor at times and this just highlights the much needed improvements that are required or that we need to source a new security firm. 

Yeah Amberstone have been awful any time I've interacted with them - either inept or arrogant. 

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

Yeah Amberstone have been awful any time I've interacted with them - either inept or arrogant. 

The club employ them. Why not sack them like the did with the club announcer :D 

Fair enough for facing into the issues not even as much as an apology on behalf of the stewarding company? 

A door open due to safety concerns. That statement should be ringing alarm bells

23 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Sure it was for the Palestine flags and banners about Israel in Gaza, in a European game, which Celtic got fined for because Europe don't just ignore these things like our authorities.

17 minutes ago, Durnford said:

If I didn't know you were joking you'd be getting a red dot!

Hurrumph!

👍😂

7 minutes ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

.Think the erse cheeks also bring their own security to 'help us out', and prob just stood aside to let them come on the pitch to put up the banners. They get away with bringing a shit load of flares in too, which is a bit of a joke. Last couple of seasons, i've been patted down at Dingwall twice, and Tynecastle once, and i'm hardly the age group that would be bringing flares into a game. Only other time i've been searched at the football was at Ibrox about 20 years ago.

4 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Sure it was for the Palestine flags and banners about Israel in Gaza, in a European game, which Celtic got fined for because Europe don't just ignore these things like our authorities.

👍😂

.Think the erse cheeks also bring their own security to 'help us out', and prob just stood aside to let them come on the pitch to put up the banners. They get away with bringing a shit load of flares in too, which is a bit of a joke. Last couple of seasons, i've been patted down at Dingwall twice, and Tynecastle once, and i'm hardly the age group that would be bringing flares into a game. Only other time i've been searched at the football was at Ibrox about 20 years ago.

Perhaps you’re the age that would wear flares? 🤣

41 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Not even in the 70's, think my big bother wore them with platform shoes, and had that long hair poodle look. 

Hey - I think you're only a year or two younger than me; you certainly would have worn them. I even remember "bell-bottoms" and "tank tops".

Platforms were a real leg breaker, particularly when running for a train, but also gave me many a headache when not realising the low beams in the local pubs were a lot closer now that I was three inches taller.