Livingston - all the threads merged

Didn't the United Clydebank Supporters group make an offer but a better offer was accepted from Ballantyne?

Spot on. I think (and no doubt a Bankie will confirm for me) that they bid the asking price believing that they would be sold the club (as this was what they'd been led to believe). Ballantyne was aware of what they were bidding and topped it, albeit not by much. The rest is history as they say.

Reading the councils statement,it could be interpreted that they may have been in talks with other parties.

How else could they possibly suggest it is the way to preserve senior football in livingstone.

No matter, theres going to be a hefty points deduction and almost certain relegation which in itself appears counter productive.

It's not the council's place to talk to other parties though. They might have done so but any potential buyers will still have to go through the administrator (if indeed it does go to administration rather than liquidation) with an offer being put to creditors - the council's vote alone would not be sufficient for any bid to be successful.

It's not the council's place to talk to other parties though. They might have done so but any potential buyers will still have to go through the administrator (if indeed it does go to administration rather than liquidation) with an offer being put to creditors - the council's vote alone would not be sufficient for any bid to be successful.

Its the way they worded the statement that intrigues me. They should not, nor can i believe they can, suggest this is the way to preserve senior football in livingston without having some prior knowledge of outside interest that would be acceptable to the appointed administrators.

This statement just doesnt seem right to me, unless i have interpreted it incorrectly which i dont think i have. As a point of interest, does anyone get a vote on this. If administrators come in, dont they say what will and what will not be???.

Edited by Numbers

Its the way they worded the statement that intrigues me. They should not, nor can i believe they can, suggest this is the way to preserve senior football in livingston without having some prior knowledge of outside interest that would be acceptable to the appointed administrators.

This statement just doesnt seem right to me, unless i have interpreted it incorrectly which i dont think i have. As a point of interest, does anyone get a vote on this. If administrators come in, dont they say what will and what will not be???.

That's exactly what I thought upon reading it as well. To say that they will try to put the club into administration "with the aim of securing a long-term future for the club" just seem completely wrong. Surely the normal reason for doing so would be to get as much of the money you're owed as is possible. The language seems very similar to the kind of thing the trust members have been saying of late and it certainly seems likely that discussions have happened, based on that.

Assuming the club survives, it really would be absolutely scandalous for the local council to happily let much of the debt to them be written off with little effort, which is the impression I get from reading that statement.

Yes the livi debt is the figure you have quoted.

This is the number that Rankine announced was the debt at the meeting a couple of weeks ago. He announced this without having seen the books, and on Massones word.

Therefore, in my eyes, the debt could be significantly more, or significantly less, but it certainly wont be £1.35m

True. It does rather imply that the council is aware of at least one other party being ready to put a bid in. But if it's assuming that will be successful then it's a risky strategy to take.

Assuming the club survives, it really would be absolutely scandalous for the local council to happily let much of the debt to them be written off with little effort, which is the impression I get from reading that statement.

Yeah, I suppose it would. But that's up to them (and possibly to the council tax payers of West Lothian). If they're given some sort of punishment by the league and, much more importantly, run from hereon in a responsible manner and within their budget whatever that entails then I wouldn't have a big problem with it, at least insofar as it's difficult to see what more could be done from where we are now.

That's exactly what I thought upon reading it as well. To say that they will try to put the club into administration "with the aim of securing a long-term future for the club" just seem completely wrong. Surely the normal reason for doing so would be to get as much of the money you're owed as is possible. The language seems very similar to the kind of thing the trust members have been saying of late and it certainly seems likely that discussions have happened, based on that.

'Tis true. The Cooncil, McDougall & the "Trust" have been in talks for weeks. I have the pics to prove it ;)

Shady characters the lot of them.

It's tomorrow then. 9.30am at the court of session.

http://www.westlothian.gov.uk/sitecontent/.../latest/LiviFC1

How long do these sorts of cases take? I mean, are we likely to hear any kind of outcome tomorrow?

Obviously, Im just worried about the judge pulling the plug tomorrow and having no game to go to on Saturday!

Guest Flash
How long do these sorts of cases take? I mean, are we likely to hear any kind of outcome tomorrow?

Obviously, Im just worried about the judge pulling the plug tomorrow and having no game to go to on Saturday!

I think the judge would be doing you a favour.

I think a decision is usually made on the day.

Sometimes the hearing is a mere formality and the necessary is done within a matter of minutes.

'Tis true. The Cooncil, McDougall & the "Trust" have been in talks for weeks. I have the pics to prove it ;)

Shady characters the lot of them.

Aye, whatever :rolleyes: your still at your personal vandetta :rolleyes::(